Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
RapidComposer, FLStudio and WinAmp just have a small vst that sends tempo,sync,play,stop,loop,continue from the DAW to sync them to it.
If you could just get a VST/VSTi in the DAW that it's sole purpose is to send the host's tempo,sync,play,stop,loop,continue to the main Biab app you could load the free reastream-standalone.dll VST Win or free AUNetSend/Receive Mac to send the Biab audio master or separate tracks and midi back to the DAW.

Here's a video showing Biab slave synced to the DAW with MultiRiffs generated in Biab playing along with the DAW tracks
Watch Biab-Transport-VST-2.mp4
Download Biab-Transport-VST-2.mp4

A way of syncing Biab has been ask for many times
Quote:
Why can't BIAB run just in slave midi clocked or MTC slave mode?
Asked for this already in ATARI days, and is still IMO a most desirable function.

There is a ReWireVST that works great with RealBand but not Biab
ReWire RealBand/PT
and ReWire was suppose to be implemented in Biab but it never eventuated, maybe because of technical reason's ??
But you won't need proprietary ReWire, a small sync play VST should be easy to make as it only needs to send VstTimeInfo from the DAW to Biab's transport, this will then sync Biab with any DAW !

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-Reastream.mp4 (5.68 MB, 61 downloads)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Pipeline, impressive!

+1

P.S. Please excuse my question if it seems silly, could it work both ways, sending chord output from BIAB to DAW at the same time?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
It is sending the audio and midi as a master or to separate tracks from Biab to the DAW tracks, the chord track info would need to be exported from Biab as xml or midi to the DAW.
The Biab Plugin would be capable of that if ARA is implemented
https://github.com/Celemony/JUCE_ARA
this would also send the tempo map and time signature changes to and from the Plugin.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
See here, Attila SEES and implements:
Originally Posted By: "como baila" post_id=4593684 time=1311127606 user_id=9693

And this would be the 'BIG' feature that would propel your program to the top of the charts: create a midi VSTi plugin version that could run directly within a DAW like Cubase.

Harmony Improvisator or 7Aliens Catanya are examples of this approach ... but implemented at an infinitely inferior level compared to your program.

Como

Originally Posted By: musicdevelopments post_id=4594621 time=1311190393 user_id=223336

Thanks for all the requests. The VSTi plug-in version would not be too much work...

Thank you!
Attila

That's exactly how the RC Plugin worked with your DAW, the same way I suggested above for Biab.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
Veteran
S
+1

I know this form of FL Studio.
However, I think VST alone is more in line with the future trend
However, one more function is better than one less function.

I know this form of FL Studio.
However, I think VST alone is more in line with the future trend
However, one more function is better than one less function.
I support it.
At the same time, I also hope to continue to improve bbvst, because I think bbvst is very simple and easy to use!

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I think they held back on it as Biab does not use fractional/decimal tempo maps, so aligning with the DAW that had a decimal tempo map would be an issue, BUT Biab can playback tempo percentage so I would of thought it could use that to stay in sync with the DAW transport.
It could calculate and use a decimal playback percentage.
The files can be Acidized to fit the DAW tempo map.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB21-Custom-Tempo-Percentage.png (18.92 KB, 182 downloads)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1 to this also.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
See here, Attila SEES and implements:
Originally Posted By: "como baila" post_id=4593684 time=1311127606 user_id=9693

And this would be the 'BIG' feature that would propel your program to the top of the charts: create a midi VSTi plugin version that could run directly within a DAW like Cubase.

Harmony Improvisator or 7Aliens Catanya are examples of this approach ... but implemented at an infinitely inferior level compared to your program.

Como

Originally Posted By: musicdevelopments post_id=4594621 time=1311190393 user_id=223336

Thanks for all the requests. The VSTi plug-in version would not be too much work...

Thank you!
Attila

That's exactly how the RC Plugin worked with your DAW, the same way I suggested above for Biab.

Who is Attila? What does he do with PG Music?

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
N
Journeyman
Journeyman
N
interesting suggestion! but as we all know - merely a stickytape workaround until PG finally either

A ) incorporates the entire BIAB engine inside the plugin itself

or

B ) incorporates a very similar streaming architecture to eat Pipeline has discussed - but using the BB4 daemon process to stream audio directly into the BIAB plugin itself.

I really hope this is what PG devs Adar etc are working on for BIAB 2022. Not only should the plugin be equally fast ( or slow ) as the standalone in order to really change how users workflow is impacted - adopting even more advanced techniques to boost regeneration times of RT styles would really help. Because although being able to stream demo Mp3's. of style when browsing is useful - ultimately we always need to audition style against the chord progression and tempo we wish to use. And only regeneration in the song itself will do that.

Big Sur, Mac Mini i7 2018, 64GB RAM 2TB SSD
Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
Lockdown beard, podgy face, beer belly, bald patch ... yadda yadda
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
This is how it is at the moment:
Re: ADVANTAGES OF REALBAND OVER PG's COMPETITION.
Originally Posted By: Marty Ricciotti

So right now I make tracks in BB then export.
When I need some more instruments I open BB again and then export more tracks.

I have the BB vst loaded in Reaper but I only use it their for the track settings and following the chords when I play along.
I don't like the way the BB vst needs to generate a set of tracks to your temp folder that you have to go and clean out.

But... this is a bit of a slow way to arrange.

You don't need to stream audio from bbw4 to the BBPlugin when
bbw4 could just generate up the RT RD data that the plugin will play back the source files direct from the hard drive.
This will work as fast as generating midi tracks so it will be even faster than Biab.
This will work for now but eventually the BBPlugin needs to get away from bbw4 and do all the generate functions directly in the BBPlugin as there are too many restrictions in the bbw4 holding it back in the 90's same as Biab.

As for the tempo sync VST that is a simple solution for those that only want to use Biab.
As for PG putting the whole of Biab in the BBPlugin I can't see that happening as it took ages fighting to get just the solo mute buttons in the BBPlugin.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=678120#Post678120
The Demo mp4 below shows how Direct Play works, no generating to RAM then rendering to wav.

Section_Player.mp4 (1.72 MB, 17 downloads)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pipeline.
as you know i highly respect your efforts and great ideas....and fully support them.
but as i was a coder/programmer in a past life....
i was thinking like a pg developer might.
eg do you have any ideas how a developer might protect
a user from him/herself who decides to set up a project studio but decides, to save money, to use auntie bessies old hand me down pc thats a poc. that runs at 1ghz, with a junk slow hard drive...and then at the same time as all the clocking is occurring tween daw and plug in etc loads up a sample lib...and BINGO the whole thing crashes down around the users ears..cos the pc isnt up to the task.

so then the new naive user comes on the forum and blames pg. OR even worse disses biab on social media.
for example ive seen on various user forums on the net/social media in the past people dissing a certain daw or music software, whereas the real reason was their lack of knowledge and/or a poc pc.

frankly its a conundrum // catch 22 for pg imho.only thing i can think of is , assuming all these lovely features we all want are put into bb by pg, that on first
load of bb by a new user...a message comes up telling
the user 'your pc is not up to snuff'.

be curious any ideas you have. how do the developers
protect users with junk pc's from themselves.
i would love to see all these lovely features...
but how do we tell naive new users..hey buddy ideally you
need to use a processor with a min rateing on cpu benchmark of 10000 and nvme or m.2 ssd's. and lots of ram etc etc.

much respect. please sir can i have more bars view in bb
also lol.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/27/21 03:26 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Biab main application can be left how it is as a legacy application, or maybe the older 32bit version without all the extra Utility Tracks to make it easy for old users with old hardware.

But you can't hold back development because of old users with old hardware and say to studio users with modern DAW's, "Sorry guys there's nothing we can do for you"

This is Reaper on XP playing RealTracks direct from USB 2.0

This is EnergyXT 1.4 32bit 2005 VST playing all the tracks direct from PG hard drive

Band-in-a-Box runs on Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32 or 64-bit) and require at least a 1.0 GHz processor (2GHz+ multicore recommended). Basic MIDI features require a less powerful computer than the latest RealTracks features. For best performance, we recommend a fairly up-to-date computer with Windows 7 or higher, a fast processor, and at least 2GB RAM

REAPER supports all Windows versions from Windows XP to Windows 10.

I can understand the drawback in the 90's and Win95 not being able to handle that but it will be 2022, DAW's have had non destructive editing for over 20 years they are using ARA & VST3 now, PG are still using destructive editing from the 90's.
With so many users requests PG made so many excuses not to go 64bit BUT when Apple went 64bit only, PG was forced to release a 64bit version.
You can't hold back the whole of the DAW audio industry development because of "auntie bessies old hand me down pc", did the ARA developers say "sorry guys we can't develop ARA because of bessie, let's leave it for another 30 years" ?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pipeline.
you said 'you cant hold back...' etc
i cant disagree with you. and i would hate to see development held back.
but then all i'm saying is then pg will need to build in a test to indicate the new users pc is a poc and incapable.

lets take an industrial example i was involved in once.
1. the end user group was on us IT groups back constantly
for new features...but
2. were not willing to invest in new computer hardware
which was badly needed.
of course we tried valiantly to keep the user group
happy, but without new investment dollars...the IT group was faceing a no win situation.
its a familiar situation IT groups face all across the world. and one reason of many i got out of the rat race.

i really DO want all the lovely features we all want ,
..but all i'm arguing for pipe is a feature to rescue
users from auntie bessie pc's..as in...
HEY THERE YOU NEED A NEW PC cos your riunning a POC..lol.

best/respect
om

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
The post is about having a vst to send VstTimeInfo to Biab.
That would not be a problem.
The thing they were worried about is that Biab is old and it don't have a decimal/fractional tempo map if the DAW has.
This can be sorted by changing the playback % to sync with the DAW, then the Tracks have the ACID tempo written to them so the simply fit the DAW tempo map when dragged in.

That has nothing to do with old users with old hardware.

The other Gen/Play Direct is for the BBPlugin that a lot of users don't like as it's not as quick as Biab to generate, same deal why RealBand is not as popular as BIAB, BUT could be with the Instant Gen/Play Direct.

IF IF the Gen/Play Direct Non Destructive Editing was added to main Biab it would simply have an option for doing things the old way or the new way.
"I want to play direct" Ok I will play direct.
"I don't want to play direct" Ok I will render the files to RAM and play it for you.
"I want Non Destructive Editing" Ok I will reference the source files.
"I don't want Non Destructive Editing" Ok I will write new wav files.

See below the Midi Tracks Gen time, this is the same way the Instant Gen/Play Direct will work for RT RD Audio.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pipeline.
well ive been a good lad all year lol.. so maybe father xmas will bring some of these goodies in
biab 2022. perchance to dream.

best
om

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,466
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195