Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#607670 07/23/20 09:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You're Not a King

Ever since a federal judge stated "Presidents are not kings" last November, I have had this song in my mind. I'm sure this song is going to p*ss off a few people; however, I have not written a scathing rebuke of anyone's ideology, but of the president's character and competence.

Using the gospel choir in the prechorus has layers of irony. grin

Real Tracks:
RT1525 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerPushDirty
RT1717 Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockStraight Ev 120
RT697 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120
RT694 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockArp Ev 120
RC3363 Guitar, Electric, Soloist BritClassicRockGrittyWah
RT1276 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopUpliftPulsing
RT888 Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopBronx
RT3527 Vocals, Background GospelCool3

The drums were spliced together from various loops from Mixcraft.
The guitar at the bridge is Virtual Guitarist Iron.
The 17 second intro is from Mixcraft loops.

Mixed on Reaper. Mastered with Ozone 9.

Lyrics

Wooden wind up sycophants
Power hungry mendicants
Blinded by your pomp and pose
You ain’t wearing any clothes

Your daddy paid for you
Now you’re the father of lies
The brain dead stayed with you
You’ve won the Goebbels prize
You’re not a king (taradiddle, taradiddle)
You’re not a king
You’re not a king
So abdicate now

You’ve got no sins to confess
Wallowing self-righteousness
Driven by despotic zeal
Proclaiming that truth isn’t real

Your daddy paid for you
You’re not a king
You’re not a king
So abdicate now

Consistency of contradiction
Proclivity for malediction
Let your genius articulation ring
It’s a tremendously tremendous thing

Your daddy paid for you
You’re not a king
You’re not a king
So abdicate now

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song and well sung, really good use of BIAB. The intro was creative but threw me a little, musically. I'm not sure how you can improve it but I feel like it needs some work to match the rest of the track. Not imperative, you've done exceptional work here.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really well done song! Lots of attention to detail. Excellent vocal. Loved what you did for the ending!

The intro is pretty cool, although I'm not sure that it adds anything to the song.

Excellent work, listened a couple of times.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is cool...
The use of ain't & brain dead run against the generally erudite language of the lyric.
The former because it's a bit lazy and the latter because, to me, it's insulting to folk n families with family members in that state of existence.
The music, the singing, the use of loops and the rest of the lyric are REALLY good.
You'll have to excuse my nit picking on this score - careful language was my trade.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ezekiel,

Just brilliant, this song and the lyrics! I cannot think who you could [*****] of with these lyrics. Nowadays everyone will agree that your country has a big problem. How wonderful you stated that in these lines; 'The brain dead stayed with you, You’ve won the Goebbels prize'!

Continue the good work, Ezekiel!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is great, Ezekiel. So well said, and sung. I really like the arrangement. "The brain dead stayed with you
You’ve won the Goebbels prize" Perfect!!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I enjoyed the opening fanfare.

Great drum sound! I really like the somewhat-dry vocal processing - it is perfect for the song. The vocal is excellent. The guitar fills are well done. Nice rhythm change at 2:20.

Excellent lyric. Hilarious. Sad truth.

The Gospel BGVs are cool. And a cool ending.

Very well done.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That is a very creative, albeit scary, write and the arrangement is especially effective.

Your vocals are strong and the RT choices are nice along with the loops, etc.
Very cool wah wah and the use of the BGV's really worked well.

The kingly intro was fine with us. That juxtaposition kinda set the scene for the chaos evoked by the
lyric and, shall we say, the current state of affairs...

Be safe.

Enjoyed it.

J&B

PS Dunno how you chose not to mention bone spurs smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I had to look up "mendicants". smile

Clever intro, well constructed song, good mix and catchy tune. Well sung, an enjoyable bit of music.

Technically, not being a king, he'd have to resign instead of abdicate. (Yeah, you wrote it ironically, but I couldn't resist! wink )

I enjoyed the listen!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Hi Ezekiel's Storm,

Very well done song!

I try not to interfere with other countries choice of leaders, but I will silently whisper that I had a laugh when listening to your song.

Will

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I won't get into US politics but the production was excellent, as were the vocals, and the song structure.

I liked the intro.

A fine piece of songwriting.

Peter

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
You certainly pissed off me! I'm not a king, huh? And what judge said I wasn't? I'll admit my dad is also my boss, and that I have been known to tell a fib or three...but "I'm the father of lies" now? PLEASE!

edit: OK, I listened again and realized that, despite the title, you might not have been referring to me.

Great progression. Hard-hitting melody and delivery. Really, really nice arrangement that never got boring. I especially love the lead guitar...not just the tone and licks, but the "placement" rhythmically. A lot of power there. The choir was a really nice touch.

Quite the package. Scathing away on the thin ice of a new day. I dig it.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Ez ...

Cool song, for sure. I typically don't get into political or religious content in a song ... but gotta say it's hard to disagree with your implications!

Musically, I thought it was splendid! Reminded me of some of the '60s protest songs. Nice choice of backing tracks and so well mixed. A coherent and well-articulated lyric. And the vocal is excellent ... as always.

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I liked the energy throughout, and the "erudite" choice of words in the lyric. Strong performance and great use of the RT's.

I agree with the comment that the intro isn't really needed, but, as an offset to the main line song, perhaps let it gracefully fade out, then come it with your energetic first strains of the song. Just an idea.

Great work, thanks for posting it!

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
This is tremendously tremendous. Great lyrics, arrangement and vocal. I like the intro.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Just got back from a vacation in the mountains in Tennessee. The internet was spotty at best, so I haven't had a chance to return to the forum and extend my appreciation to you for taking the time to listen and comment. I'll get to some now.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great song and well sung, really good use of BIAB. The intro was creative but threw me a little, musically. I'm not sure how you can improve it but I feel like it needs some work to match the rest of the track. Not imperative, you've done exceptional work here.
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Really well done song! Lots of attention to detail. Excellent vocal. Loved what you did for the ending!

The intro is pretty cool, although I'm not sure that it adds anything to the song.

Excellent work, listened a couple of times.

Tunemonger and Dave,Thanks! I am ambivalent about the introduction and don't know if I am going to keep it. Mostly, because it was just some loops I put together. I probably should have written something myself and played it on the synthesizer.

Originally Posted By: rayc
This is cool...
The use of ain't & brain dead run against the generally erudite language of the lyric.
The former because it's a bit lazy and the latter because, to me, it's insulting to folk n families with family members in that state of existence.
The music, the singing, the use of loops and the rest of the lyric are REALLY good.
You'll have to excuse my nit picking on this score - careful language was my trade.

Ray, funny you should pick out the use of "ain't." I used that and "You aren't" while working on the song, but "ain't" sounded better to me and added contrast to the previous lines. I don't mind your nitpicking. I labor over my lyrics and play around with my word choices. I welcome the feedback.

'
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Ezekiel,

Just brilliant, this song and the lyrics! I cannot think who you could [*****] of with these lyrics. Nowadays everyone will agree that your country has a big problem. How wonderful you stated that in these lines; 'The brain dead stayed with you, You’ve won the Goebbels prize'!

Continue the good work, Ezekiel!
Hans

Thanks so much, Hans! You picked out my favorite lines in the song, which will probably irritate song members of my family.

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
This is great, Ezekiel. So well said, and sung. I really like the arrangement. "The brain dead stayed with you
You’ve won the Goebbels prize" Perfect!!

Thank you, Marty. --See above reply.
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
I enjoyed the opening fanfare.

Great drum sound! I really like the somewhat-dry vocal processing - it is perfect for the song. The vocal is excellent. The guitar fills are well done. Nice rhythm change at 2:20.

Excellent lyric. Hilarious. Sad truth.

The Gospel BGVs are cool. And a cool ending.

Very well done.

fj

Thanks, Floyd. I always appreciate your feedback!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
You nailed it. This is a very courageous song. Well done.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
This is a tremendously tremendous thing (taradiddle, taradiddle).
Love the vocals, love the band - Soloist BritClassicRockGrittyWah works a treat.
The gospel choir is a nice touch, while the intro sounded suitably royal. Were they TRUMPets? grin
Cheers,
Mike

Mike Garry
BIAB 2022 (Build 927)/RealBand (5) (64bit), UltraPak, Kontakt, EZmix, Ozone 9 Elements, Hybrid 3, Audacity, Acer Predator, Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB ram, CPU: Intel i7.

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is an awesome song. Vocal was excellent and lyrics were creative and spot on. Loved your backtrack and guitar was very cool

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Leon1 #609130 08/02/20 08:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
That is a very creative, albeit scary, write and the arrangement is especially effective.

Your vocals are strong and the RT choices are nice along with the loops, etc.
Very cool wah wah and the use of the BGV's really worked well.

The kingly intro was fine with us. That juxtaposition kinda set the scene for the chaos evoked by the
lyric and, shall we say, the current state of affairs...

Be safe.

Enjoyed it.

J&B

PS Dunno how you chose not to mention bone spurs smile

Bone spurs! :-) So much I left out too. Thanks for the listen.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
I had to look up "mendicants". smile

Clever intro, well constructed song, good mix and catchy tune. Well sung, an enjoyable bit of music.

Technically, not being a king, he'd have to resign instead of abdicate. (Yeah, you wrote it ironically, but I couldn't resist! wink )

I enjoyed the listen!

Thanks for your comments, David!
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Ezekiel's Storm,

Very well done song!

I try not to interfere with other countries choice of leaders, but I will silently whisper that I had a laugh when listening to your song.

Will

Thanks, Will. I had a good laugh writing the song.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
I won't get into US politics but the production was excellent, as were the vocals, and the song structure.

I liked the intro.

A fine piece of songwriting.

Peter

Thank you, Peter. I don't like to get political, but the situation here is beyond the pale.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
You certainly pissed off me! I'm not a king, huh? And what judge said I wasn't? I'll admit my dad is also my boss, and that I have been known to tell a fib or three...but "I'm the father of lies" now? PLEASE!

edit: OK, I listened again and realized that, despite the title, you might not have been referring to me.

Great progression. Hard-hitting melody and delivery. Really, really nice arrangement that never got boring. I especially love the lead guitar...not just the tone and licks, but the "placement" rhythmically. A lot of power there. The choir was a really nice touch.

Quite the package. Scathing away on the thin ice of a new day. I dig it.

Funny, Tangmo. I appreciate the irony in your first paragraph.
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Ez ...

Cool song, for sure. I typically don't get into political or religious content in a song ... but gotta say it's hard to disagree with your implications!

Musically, I thought it was splendid! Reminded me of some of the '60s protest songs. Nice choice of backing tracks and so well mixed. A coherent and well-articulated lyric. And the vocal is excellent ... as always.

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan

Thanks, Alan. You stay safe too!
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
I liked the energy throughout, and the "erudite" choice of words in the lyric. Strong performance and great use of the RT's.

I agree with the comment that the intro isn't really needed, but, as an offset to the main line song, perhaps let it gracefully fade out, then come it with your energetic first strains of the song. Just an idea.

Great work, thanks for posting it!

Thanks for the feedback, TM. I'll probably scrap the intro or write my own.

Originally Posted By: Leon1
This is tremendously tremendous. Great lyrics, arrangement and vocal. I like the intro.
Regards,
Leon

I appreciate the comments, Leon. Thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,480
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195