Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey mon, this song is Maad (Awesome).

Love the groove and the band, it took me back to the Caribbean! The reminded me of Jimmy Buffet, then you mentioned him in these great lines "
I hear the music on the radio
Jimmy Buffet just seems to know
How to throw a party and do it right
Rum drinks in coconut shells,
today that sun was hot as hell
This party will be going....
all through the night".

This is an excellent produced fun song!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Fantastic cut. Well played and well done. This is one you could hear on the radio. Good one.

Thanks for listening. I agree... It should be on every radio station in the world...

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Excellent groove - clever write, and a lot of fun! laugh

HI Herb ...

David nailed it for me ... almost a congruent thought to his as I listened. And having fun with your music is one of the best feelings. And this one gave me a a good vibe ... Lots of fun and carefree attitude.

Loved it! Cool song and delivery. Maybe a slight bit strong on the higher vocal EQ? Probably just these old ears.

wishing you the best. Be safe ...

Alan

Hey mon, glad you enjoyed it. My ears don't hear the crispy highs well so I tend to run them a few dB hot. I need to EQ my room and reset my ARC for this room. That should help.

Thanks for listening

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
It's impossible not to smile listening to this song.
The infectious beat, clever lyrics, mischievous vocals, "ad lib" asides and the great "band" and production (new mix) combine to lift spirits and give a new (old?) meaning to "a case of Corona".
Great work Herb.
Cheers,
Mike

It sounds like you liked the song. I'm glad. I've done my job when people are captivated by the music.

Thanks for listening and commenting

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Herb,

You seem to be on a creative roll at the moment.

What can I say about this one, except that it's simply great fun.
I'm guessing that you had as much fun putting this together as I've
had listening to it.

It's a bit cool and cloudy for July, here in England, so it was great
to get transported to somewhere nice and sunny.

Great track.

ROG.

It's good to be on a creative roll. Sure beats staring at the screen and coming up blank.

England and rain.... Didn't the Beatles sing about getting a tan sitting in the English rain?

Yeah.... A sunny beach sure sounds like a better place.
Thanks for listening. And really glad I could carry you to the tropics in song.

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We've only heard this mix and it sure works for us.

An island groove mashup with enough of that reggae touch to make it all the more fun.

The guitars are cool especially adding that overlay of what seems like a TexMex feel.

And the vocals...all of them are creative and obviously well done.

FUN!

J&B

Both mixes are posted in the original post. Yeah, I didn't want to go full Marley mode....more along the line of trop rock. Thanks.... yes indeed, it was fun working on this. Remember that I had the chorus floating in my head for close to 3 months or so..... talk about an ear worm.... she got thee corona.... I got the lime...

Thanks

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Herb, this is a fine summer song. Well written and performed. Loved the twinned leads. Lotsa fun, Tom

The twins came along as kind of an afterthought. I was intending just a nice tasty solo.... but one thing lead to another.... Thanks, glad you like it

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Herb,

A fun song. The chorus flows well.

You've assembled the right BAND for it. Nice to see someone use the BIAB steel drums (just seen a couple of songs on the Showcase use 'em). That bass is certainly nice.

The guitars are mixed kind of hot and high (eq) and on my speakers they dominate the mix, not allowing the other elements of your well-chosen band share the spotlight. The vocal (well sung) is slightly higher-eq, as well. The steel drums and the organ get a bit lost. Not sure I ever heard the Djembe. It might not matter on cheap speakers, I suppose. I listened several times (trying to pick out the instruments) and my ears got fatigued quickly from the high-end.

Nice to see a good-natured song come out of the chaos of corona. A good, positive use of the situation.

NEW MIX

So... I realized it when I listened a few times on the cloud.... And... yep, I rushed it a bit to get it out the door.

I went back...dropped out the acoustic guitars to clean it up, removed the less than useless Dejimbe, pulled the EQ down a bit..... enveloped the steel drums, bumped the B3, flattened the curve and dropped the highs a bit on the guitars.... and fixed a few vocal things .....

Yep... it was fun putting this together. Regarding the bass.... I had a bass player ask me ... Man, who is playing that Bass? It's pretty dang hot huh? Give me your take on the new mix. And thanks as always for listening and your sharp ears on the mix. As usual, you hit it on the head just about every time. Thanks

That is significantly better. Your vocal is much warmer and the instruments are "getting their space" - the steel drums are getting the attention they deserve... the guitars aren't pushing everyone else out of the way. Good job with the re-do.

Thanks

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:
Great job, Herb! The chattering and background vocals really work well on this. Great groove, and mix. Like Floyd said, you picked the right band.

Fun song!

Steve

Thanks Steve. Those background vox were kind of an afterthought. Then I said.... why not? I do have the greatest studio band ever...

Quote:
Hey mon, this song is Maad (Awesome).

Love the groove and the band, it took me back to the Caribbean! The reminded me of Jimmy Buffet, then you mentioned him in these great lines "
I hear the music on the radio
Jimmy Buffet just seems to know
How to throw a party and do it right
Rum drinks in coconut shells,
today that sun was hot as hell
This party will be going....
all through the night".

This is an excellent produced fun song!

Jimmy is my musical trop rock hero. Been loving his music for a long time. I'm glad you like this song. THanks

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great job, lot of fun and pro job all the way. I loved Mr. Ad Lib throughout the song. Excellent work!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great job, lot of fun and pro job all the way. I loved Mr. Ad Lib throughout the song. Excellent work!

I just wanted to say thanks for dropping in on the jam session.... glad you liked it.

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Well-paced and very elaborate composition. It puts us right in the mood.
I appreciated.

Dero 13 alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Dero13
Well-paced and very elaborate composition. It puts us right in the mood.
I appreciated.

Dero 13 alias JaniJackFlash

I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. Thanks

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
FUN SONG!!! I could use a little island break! Was scheduled to go to Hawaii but Covid wrecked it.....:(. This is really well done.......you can hear the fun you were having in the track....love the back and forth on the vocal. Thanks for the 3 minute vacation Herb!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199