Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tano Music #608081 07/26/20 05:52 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Great imagery--the road and break-up (or break-down). I liked the line "if i keep driving I might disappear".
Was the break-up with a girl or with your truck??!?
Real nice track, and I enjoyed it throughout.
Thanks for taking the time to listen. I value your comments, Tom

tommyad #608116 07/26/20 10:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tom,

Your vocals are very good, Tom. I was amazed. And the song was so good. Your singing and the kind of songs immediatly make me think of Floyd Jane. Have you ever played together or planning to? That would be something!
Your instruments and vocals sounds very bright/cristallclear in my headphones. I hope I can reach that level once...

Thanks and stay safe overthere in Florida,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
tommyad #608136 07/26/20 12:46 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tom ...

You got it all in this one! Lyric is exceptional, backing tracks perfectly blended, a vocal that simply shines and the perfect blend of all that.

Mt favorite lines have all been mentioned by previous commenters. Just know that I think every word fits perfectly and adds to the overall appeal. Nothing wasted here ... everything it needs and not a single thing it doesn't. A great song and delivery!

wishing you the very best. Be safe out there!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

tommyad #608147 07/26/20 02:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tom,

I could listen to your music all day long... A great song, vocal and production.

Great stuff.

Bob

dcuny #608205 07/27/20 01:22 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Some really nice writing here, but I'll just pick one:
Tank's as empty as this broken heart

Love rhyming mirror with disappear. smile

Well sung, well produced, nice melody. Subtle harmony, excellent playing, great dynamics... Even heard a bit of that mandolin hidden in the background.
David, thank you for mentioning the writing, the harmony and the dynamics. I really appreciate you bringing attention to them. Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, so good! Great song, great performance.

And man, I just love listening to your mixes! Such a treat through the 'phones, the way you can hear everything so clearly. Would love to be a fly on the wall during one of your mixing sessions.

Very much enjoyed, Tom, and good to see you back smile
Thanks Dave! I appreciate the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it,Tom

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
49 days in the NC mountains.... nice vacation. I'd hate to have to leave after a month and a half in the hills.

I really like the song. Another good writing and recording job my friend.
Herb, hopefully we will return for the fall leaves. Those mountains are some of my favorite places. Thanks for listening and commenting, Tom

F.M.M. #608454 07/29/20 01:48 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Wow this is excellent work tommy very professionally done nothing out of place well done thanks eric
Hi Eric. Thanks for the wonderful comments, Tom

tommyad #608477 07/29/20 06:02 AM
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Outstanding song. I love the guitar solo, and the lyrics are so truthful. Thanks for sharing!!

tommyad #608522 07/29/20 10:31 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
What write, Tom! So many good lines in this one. Love the imagery. I think this is my favorite write of yours to me. Very well put together, and just "vague" enough to fit numerous life situations, so most everyone can relate to this song.

I am always a fan of your vocals. They always have a raw purity to them that just draws me into the song. The past couple years have been challenging to my schedule to say the least. So I haven't been able to be as consistently involved in the forum as I really want to be. But every time I do have the chance to get back here, I really love to hear what everyone is doing, but there are a few members that I actively look for their material, and you are one of them. I am never disappointed! Thanks for writing and sharing this one.

Always looking forward to more!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
BabuMusic #608683 07/30/20 05:52 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Right. After spending 49 days in the hills of NC the first song you'd write would be called Turn Around. Great delivery and inspiration!!
Now that’s funny. Thanks Marty for the nice comments,Tom

Pat Marr #608834 07/31/20 05:50 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Good song with excellent lyrics and vocals. Pro production all the way. Really enjoyed it!
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, Tom
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hey Tommy,

after way too long away from the user showcase, I stopped in tonight and saw your name. I KNEW I would be happy if I clicked on the link, and danged I wasn't exactly right! Making good music requires a person to wear a lot of hats, and you wear them all so well! I know you have done your time on the smoky stages, so you come by your expertise honestly. As others have already said, everything you do is good, and this is no exception. The tone, the mix, the lyrics, the vocals.. everything sounds top notch to me! And, apart from the technical stuff, I just like the song.

Having said all that, there is one small disappointment. You were in NC and I didn't know. Bummer. But the music is not disappointing in any way shape or form. Just keep on doing what you do so well.
Hey Pat, great to hear from you! Thanks for saying all those nice things. We may be coming back to the mountains soon. If things work out here I’ll let you know, Tom

tommyad #608902 07/31/20 01:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Darn good song. No doubt about it.

The lyrics bring the listener right into the experience of the song's persona.

Guitars, vocals, mix, melody: all excellent.

tommyad #608918 07/31/20 03:05 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great tune and performance Tommy. I really enjoyed it

tommyad #608927 07/31/20 03:28 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Tommy,
"if i keep driving I might disappear

Radio’s dead don’t make a sound

I’m too far gone now to turnaround"

Dark driving, dark thoughts, dark roads...
No seams between your n BIAB's - mix is solid.
VERY cool sir.

Last edited by rayc; 07/31/20 03:29 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
floyd jane #609022 08/01/20 04:53 AM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Tom,

Love the minimalist opening. Band sounds great when they join - every piece so clear in the mix and all blended perfectly (including the vocals). A truly great drum sound. Nice guitar work.

"it never felt right from the start
Tank’s as empty as my broken heart
Can’t recall the last car I passed
Headlights dimming nearly out of gas"

Nice.

"...This trucks not as good as it used to be
Bout twenty years out of warranty"

HA! Nice.

One measure of a good song is being so wrapped up in it that you do not notice time passing. When this finished I was surprised to find it at 3:30. It felt like about a minute.

Great to see you back. Welcome home.

fj

(something is going on... i have notes on my phone for a song about running away from a broken relationship and running out of gas...)

I always want to hear your thoughts. I'm glad you liked it, Tom [ By the way Get outta my head!]

User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Janice's first thought was "it sounds like a Tom Petty song." And I gotta agree.

The lyric is one to dream about writing...just excellent. And, man, your vocal sounds so rich in that mix. You have a fine ability to get EVERY track cooperating with one another. Clarity and openness to the max.

Your guitars, RT's, loops and the MST ALL sound like a bunch of fine musicians having fun in a studio. As though they've played together for years.

Back to your vocal...so plaintive and it exudes THE word for us - soulful!

Outstanding our friend...

J&B
After her listen, my wife said sounds like a Tom Petty song. I hadn’t thought of that. Those are a lot of great comments. Thanks for all that, Tom
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Great song Tommy.
I love these lines:
"I just reached up and tore off the rear view mirror
if i keep driving I might disappear".
The mix is terrific. Can I ask where those guitars are panned in the verses? The separation is stunning.
Cheers,
Mike
Mike those two lines are the most important to me. The guitars were panned 12 L &12 R. When the acoustic comes in, it has a stereo spread on it about 70/30. Thanks for the nice words,Tom

tommyad #609166 08/02/20 01:55 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Friggin LOVE IT!!! After a little hiatus, great to come back to a Tommyad tune!! Just a great write and a great delivery!! Some of your best lyrics EVER!!! Take care. Greg

Tangmo #609212 08/02/20 04:47 PM
User Showcase
tommyad Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Just great, Tommy. May I call you Tommy? Forty-nine days in the mountains sounds a real treat. The lyrics are very evocative as road-trip songs seem to tend to be. Maybe it's those hours of boredom punctuated by moments of terror that does it.

I don't usually do this, but I first heard this on my crappy little phone speaker...and it sounded good! I don't think that happens by accident, so I'm just reporting success.

Admirable piece from first lick to that unsettled and unsettling ending. Loved the tasty guitar coming in the left. A lot happens in the left on a road trip (at least in countries where they drive on the correct side), so even that little "touch" was very nice.

I like this one plenty.
Bored and terrified. That about sums up a road trip. Thanks for the nice comments. I stay far too busy keeping it in the right lane to attempt it the correct way. Tom

tommyad #609326 08/03/20 03:04 PM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Tom,

Yeah, this is a keeper. Terrific sound right out of the gate, with an vocal that pulls the listener right in. Stellar production work! Better than most country songs coming out of Nashville or wherever (what few I listen to anymore these days). Just outstanding!

Humble regards,

Deej

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,480
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195