Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
Happened twice on two separate PCs. Windows 10 won't update to the latest version. But..........when the next update comes out the PC automatically updates to the next one on. This morning this one went from 1903 to 20004 missing 1909. Whereas the other one wouldn't update from 1803 to 1809 but went to 1903 later.

First time I was worried but this time i just left Microsoft to get on with it.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I've been on build 1909 for thirteen months. It does not want to update this machine to the May 2020 update. They are rolling that out to only those machines they are confident will work.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
Happened twice on two separate PCs. Windows 10 won't update to the latest version. But..........when the next update comes out the PC automatically updates to the next one on. This morning this one went from 1903 to 20004 missing 1909. Whereas the other one wouldn't update from 1803 to 1809 but went to 1903 later.

First time I was worried but this time i just left Microsoft to get on with it.

Really glad to hear that Bob, as I can't get this windows 10 to upgrade to 2004 though I must have tried half a dozen of times trying different troubleshooting tips and ideas from other forums. In short I have given up upgrading to 2004 from 1909, even though I have a permanent prompt on windows update to do so.

I wouldn't go too much on, whether the prompt to do so is there on windows update or not, as it is easy enough to download the media creation tool and try the upgrade that way.

Last edited by musiclover; 08/06/20 01:11 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My PC received the 2004 update on May 28th.

My laptop received 1909 update on May 28th. It also has this note on the Windows Update settings: "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page."

So based on both machines getting upgraded the same day for different versions, my assumption is since the laptop is not as new or powerful as my PC, it's kept a version behind.

I usually don't care what version I'm on. It will upgrade when it upgrades. This post just had me curious enough to check.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
I tried all the fixes on the web to upgrade this one from 1903 to 1909. Nothing worked even though Windows update had a nag screen saying my pc was missing important feature and security updates. Then it upgraded itself to 2004. Based on previous experience I thought it might do that so I've stopped worrying and if ex-Computer Prof Matt is happy to leave Windows to its own devices so am I!

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I get the same message on my main box. I put it down to HP not having agreed with Microsoft regarding the suitability of the device for the “new” software. Why do I say this? Last year I had an SSD installed which was not quite correctly setup by the installer. Therefore when I went to get an upgrade it failed. I called Microsoft Support and they told me my PC was not in the Microsoft supported list. (I actually fixed it with a simple operating system command pointing to the correct boot block. It failed when the update rebooted the PC it could not find the boot sector).

I understand the new upgrade does very little the 1909 does not so I’m not concerned. MS seem to have bigger issues than that. They seem to be trying to force people to update their hardware more often (that way they sell more operating systems. Less dead wood).

My thoughts
Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I am with Steve in the "Jimmy Crack Corn" group. I don't care. It updates when it updates. When I wake up and I have to log on, I know I got an update. With 6 computers to herd, I would drive myself crazy if I gave half a damn which computer updates when.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Why does Jimmy crack corn, what does that even mean, and why should I care?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Why does Jimmy crack corn, what does that even mean, and why should I care?

I'm not sure if that's tongue in cheek or not but I'm pretty sure Eddie refers to this song:
Jimmy Crack Corn
The lyrics included the line "Jimmy crack corn I don't care".

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Oh, I knew the answer, and I was kidding. Perhaps I should not have. Even if it's a cute melody, it's a song whose lyrics should be forgotten. Kids my age learned it in school (in the USA) and it's very much politically incorrect now.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
OK, I was somehow assuming that you must have known, and yes, it has a past that is not so great. The world has changed a lot, let's progress and keep moving forward.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
But yeah, as long as your machine is running well, version is non-important. Micro$oft tends to tout it's new features with each upgrade but I cannot tell you one I've ever used. smile

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Right; I have yet to run into a problem where some critical software worked on one Windows build and not another, so I just let the updates happen as Microsoft decides they will work on my hardware.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Jimmy Crack Corn is drugs that farmer kids use. Like "Jimmy was a good boy until he got to messin' with that crack corn....."

Last edited by eddie1261; 08/07/20 09:39 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
For months this has been saying “your pc is not ready for the upgrade”. However today 2004 came down and loaded itself. In the morning I’ll checkout the damage if any.

Did not change anything on the PC I think a new version of Edge went in a couple of days ago. Maybe that is why it was not ready.

Tony

Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Last nights Windows 10 "upgrade" knocked out my computer speakers. They no longer even show up in my audio choices. I can only get audio through my TV/monitor.

I'll let my son figure it out. I'm sure glad I started teaching him how to build computers when he was 7 years old. It comes in handy. Now he's the PC guru. LOL

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Sometimes you may need to reload drivers for your soundcard. I have had the same issue following system updates for Windows 10.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Online Content
Expert
in windows control panel see if you can display disabled items. sometimes upgrades reset the sound and i know there is a setting that hides disabled devices. sound is the first thing i check when i get an upgrade.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
etcjoe & Bob Calver,

Both of these are good suggestions. I did update the drivers for Realtek and got no change.

I also went into the Control Panel and all of the disabled devices are showing up. The speakers are showing as "Not Plugged In". So is everything else except for the LG TV. It may just be that the speakers need to be unplugged and plugged back in so the system can re-detect them.

If I get down in the floor to try that, I'll be down there for a while. That's the first thing I'll get my son to try. It sucks getting old.

I thank both of you for the suggestions.

PS. I've restarted twice and got no joy.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Had a few minutes so I fired the old box up. All seems fine - tried a couple of the daws and used a few instruments including the VSL Smart and Big Bang Orchestras also AD2 and AmpleSound Bass all performed as expected. (I used the VSL stuff as that was where I’ve had an issue in the past.)

I have found in the past that it pays to have everything plugged up when doing an update or some drivers might go missing. Hope all is fine when I start again tomorrow.

Tony

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,480
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195