Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Nice one, Hans. Enjoyed the story. Good use of the synth stabs on the chorus and as you say, some tasty lead guitar.
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon, thanks for your nice comment!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Great rocker Hans supported by a very cool and clever lyric.
And your vocal delivered the story with good hard hitting authority.
The RT/RD choice was excellent as was the mix. Good work with the solo RT.
It all shines and especially your humor!

Enjoyed it.
J&B

Hi J&B, you wrote nice words about the song. Thanks very much! I hope humor stays welcome these days. I was thinking if I could offend someone with the subject. People become more sensitive these days. But then decided not to tell about the hidden message in this song ;-) and call it humor. But I noticed you always write so kind and never mention something 'bad', like the sibilance or the abrupt ending. But I don't mind if you do. I am still learning song making, mixing and mastering. All comment is therefor welcome.

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Ahh... the pains and pleasures of squatting. And renting. And buying too, for that matter. Great rocking groove. You already know I love your vocals. The leads are really tasty. I kinda wish that last one had been given a bit more room to breathe. Maybe too abrupt an ending, but then again--I just imagine the wine has run out and so has your tolerance. That's my "artistic interpretation". A lot of fun listening.

Hi Tangmo, it is a nice feeling when seeing people start fantasizing about the subject and make their own story with it. Starting with draw renting and buying equal to squatting! And more! The part where wine begins playing an important role in accepting people. You did both! I expect a song from your hand where this is all at hand. I will help you, if you want. But when reading your post I doubt if you need my support! Thanks for your nice and funny remarks!
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is a super rocker. Loved those synth stabs. Your vocal is really strong and those lyrics were fantastic.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is a super rocker. Loved those synth stabs. Your vocal is really strong and those lyrics were fantastic.
I didn't think the guitar lead was too loud.
But I'm a guitarist and everybody knows that a guitarist has to be loud during a lead whistle

Hello Mario, I'm afraid your and my ears have had their best times. The guitar was indeed too loud, the sibilance was too much and the ending was an error. But I appreciated you not mentioned this at all. I think we can get along real good, don't you? you like wine?

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hello Hans,
Strong composition and that nice solo! Vocal performance is great and sits well "in" the mix, but a bit high on EQ.
If you are up for the test, just bring that high band curve down, like good 25-35% (not 5%) on vocals only and post it 2 versions side by side to see what "common" ear of a few listeners will tell you. In any case, it is a good solid tune with a lot of drive, effective style changes from Rock to Funk and well thought out musical elements. Fun lyrics @ rhyme! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Hi Misha, sometimes I wished we had continued our 'private' conversations on EQ-ing. I turned every knob down on the eq, but that didn't do much. I figured out I have created sibilance somewhere on the way in the mix or mastering proces. Hope I can find it without killing my songs. I now corrected some things and added an Izothope D-esser at the last position of the plugin chain in the masteringproces. It feels it sounds better now, so I uploaded it to SoundCloud. Thanks a lot for your advise and kind comment!

Stay save everyone!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool way to fire up your song. Very cool vocal Hans. Raspy. Loved the backtrack and the guitars were excellent Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Hans,
Good sound to this one, strong blues like rhythm. Love those synth chops—adds some nice flavor. Agrees with Floyd the vocal is a little high end in spots; and I think that lead guitar lick in the opening can come down in volume just a tad. Love that guitar solo at the 2:40 or so mark. Ambitious production but you were up to the challenge.

I had read Dave’s comment about the ending being too abrupt before getting there . . . I thought it worked as is, but certainly worth trying his suggestion.
Good work on this, Hans!

Hope all is well with you,
Deej

Hi Deej, I was away for some days, so sorry for the delay in my response to you.
But before I went off, I did al you, Floyd, Dave, Misha and Ray wrote about the 'hot' vocals, the lead and the abrupt ending.
I think it is allright by now, because Ray (the last post) made no comment on those issues.
And the abrupt ending was a mistake I made, but hadn't noticed as such. So I thought it wouldn't be so easy adding a bar, as Dave suggested. But it was, after all.

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
There is something about this track I really liked and enjoyed, but the guitar solo felt a bit like it was not in the same room as the rest of the band (especially in the beginning)... Anyway.. some good ideas in this track. Keep up the good work!

Will

Hi Will, thanks for listening. I have to admit I couldn't fix what you wrote about. It is not that I didn't want to, but I didn't hear what you said. I always work with 3 different kind of reverbs, for the vocals, the percussion and the other instruments. And of course that sometimes differs. So here it was the same kind of reverb for all instruments. But explain what you hear, or where you here it.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your comments on the song. I appreciated it!

Originally Posted By: rayc
EXCELLENT chorus.
the processing on your voice blurs it a little bit and accentuates some of the more strident frequencies.
Tame that & you'll have something that will reward repeated listening.

Hello Ray, I think I solved the blurriness, although I didn't notice it was there. So how I fixed it? Just mixed everything again and the eq almost to zero on the vocals (joking a bit)
But I was very fond with your first line, Ray! Still I am afraid a repeated listening of that song was not what I experienced. I than took a bottle of wine in my fists...

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Good stories have usually a catch, and here you have told it in a nice way so that the listener keeps waiting for it. And yes, the twist makes me smile. Your strong voice carries the story very well.

Strong rock groove with nicely mixed guitars supporting the enjoyable chord progression and catchy chorus. It is also great idea to let guitars rest for a while and bass and organ take the lead, gives nice dynamic to the arrangement. Synth hits and solo guitarist are also very good instrument selections. Very good use of holds, although the ending hold is perhaps not perfect, but on the other hand, I like imperfection smile

Janne

Hi Janne, thanks a lot for your nice comment on the song. I almost saw you smiling! I think you must have heard the version where all the complains of the others were -nearly- solved. Otherwise you probably would have supported them, oor you are just too kind for that...

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I enjoyed the humor in the lyrics.

The chorus is a real standout for me.

Hello Ezekiel, thanks for this nice comment. i like adding some humor in lyrics if I have the change for it. Sometimes the topic can't bear it, but this one does!

Thank you all for your comments. I have learned from and enjoyed them!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool way to fire up your song. Very cool vocal Hans. Raspy. Loved the backtrack and the guitars were excellent Well done

Hi Scott, thanks for this comment! Next song will be more serious...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Hans ...

Terrific rocker! Great production and delivery! I agree with the others on the stabs ... real nice for accenting the punch of the song. Your arranging and production get better all the time ... and they were pretty dang good to start with. I'm okay as an arranger, I suppose, but my arranging is still substantially lacking. I need to work on it more. Your efforts have certainly paid off!

I do agree that you sometimes use a little more higher EQ than what is ideal. Other than that ... you do a terrific job with your music. It's always a good listen!

Best to you. Be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello Alan,

Thanks for your nice words. Now I hope I don't become too vain.
But that EQ-thing will prevent me to. I thought I handled this issue by now, but now you mentioned it also.
Well, I posted another song by now. I turned every eq knob I could find to almost zero. So maybe...

But thanks a lot!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hans

Lot's of deserved praise for an excellent rocking song.

Enjoyed, and I think it's one of your strongest offerings.

Peter

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195