Can't do a damn thing with a
Police Ankle bracelet on

Lead

I can't take it no more
I can't take it no more
I was really tough
But the judge called my bluff
I can't take it no more

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Mario,

Must have been very difficult lyrics to remember! The amount of lines 'I can't take it no more' are numerous ;-)
I'm joking a bit. You did a nice Blues with this one, Mario.
I have two suggestions: 1) your vocals may sound a bit louder than they do and 2) the leadguitar and piano too

But that evil virus is bringing a lot of creativity in this forum, don't you agree?
And that I can take some more...

Stay safe,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Roadhouse blues. Nothing better. More guitar please-it's good so bring it up front with the stars!!!! Fun.

Rick

It needs more cowbell!

https://therickhansenband.com
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Fun indeed, Mario. That lead guitar is sweet. And nice to hear you singing on this one.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G
Hi Mario.
I just love everything about this ! The music , vocal and especially the lyrics . I played it over my loudspeakers and was jamming along on my piano having a great time in the key of A.
I am going to take it along to my next music group meeting (we play mainly 12 bar stuff) but rest assured ,I will tell them where I got it . I love your quirky sense of humour !

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, that was fun!

Nicely done, Mario, made me smile smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
SUPERB!!! Made me grin from ear to ear. You really are a creator - even when you write songs like these, with more than just a hint of humour to them, they are absolutely top-notch. Well done - a joy to listen to and a smile to my ears :-)

User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Hi Mario,

Cool little ditty...
The vocals kinda sounded like John Lennon a little bit...
Thanks for posting it...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Mario, I'm sure a lot of people out there fills the same way, I included. Agreed wit Hans, Vocals and lead guitar may need to be brought a little more to the front. Other than that good production as usual.

Cheers

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Now that was fun! And decidedly different, in a good way, from most of your catalog.

Cool performances and love the tale’s twist.

You know us ... hard to go wrong with the blues!

Enjoyed it.

J&B

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Mario,

Must have been very difficult lyrics to remember! The amount of lines 'I can't take it no more' are numerous ;-)
I'm joking a bit. You did a nice Blues with this one, Mario.
I have two suggestions: 1) your vocals may sound a bit louder than they do and 2) the leadguitar and piano too

But that evil virus is bringing a lot of creativity in this forum, don't you agree?
And that I can take some more...

Stay safe,
Hans

Thanx Hans. Lyrics are something I really struggle with. After spoon, noon, and soon I am finished! I'll have to check on the mix so thanx for bringing that up.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MajicSpell
Roadhouse blues. Nothing better. More guitar please-it's good so bring it up front with the stars!!!! Fun.

Rick

Thanx Rick. I'll have to revisit that mix.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Fun indeed, Mario. That lead guitar is sweet. And nice to hear you singing on this one.
Regards,
Leon

Thanx Leon. I'm not really into vocals but every once in a while an idea pops up in my head that requires a vocal. This was one of those occasions.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Hi Mario.
I just love everything about this ! The music , vocal and especially the lyrics . I played it over my loudspeakers and was jamming along on my piano having a great time in the key of A.
I am going to take it along to my next music group meeting (we play mainly 12 bar stuff) but rest assured ,I will tell them where I got it . I love your quirky sense of humour !

Gary, I'm glad that you like it. If you wish I can send you a MP3 minus the piano part and you could add your own. Just let me know via a PM.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Well, that was fun!

Nicely done, Mario, made me smile smile

Thanx so much Dave.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
SUPERB!!! Made me grin from ear to ear. You really are a creator - even when you write songs like these, with more than just a hint of humour to them, they are absolutely top-notch. Well done - a joy to listen to and a smile to my ears :-)

Thanx so much James for this very kind review.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Mario,

Cool little ditty...
The vocals kinda sounded like John Lennon a little bit...
Thanks for posting it...

Thanx Bawb for listening and commenting.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Hey Mario, I'm sure a lot of people out there fills the same way, I included. Agreed wit Hans, Vocals and lead guitar may need to be brought a little more to the front. Other than that good production as usual.

Cheers

Mike B.

Thanx Mike. I will look into the mix.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Now that was fun! And decidedly different, in a good way, from most of your catalog.

Cool performances and love the tale’s twist.

You know us ... hard to go wrong with the blues!

Enjoyed it.

J&B

Thanx Janice and Bud. I appreciate your kind words.

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Mario,

Classic blues feel to this—nice playing on this as well, and a vocal that fits it really well. I think this might be the first song I've heard from you with a vocal, actually . . it’s very good and a cool listen. Good, good stuff!

All my best,

Deej

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,513
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195