#611197 - 08/18/20 04:21 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh]
Band-in-a-Box 2019 Mac - Build 325 update (August 18)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019Download the Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 325 update
(This update includes DAW Plugin 1.16.29)==================================
Summary of changes for build 325 (August 18, 2020):
- Fixed: Possible crash when closing StylePicker, if Amplitube GUI is visible.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash when demoing styles with user chords in StylePicker.
- Fixed: Misaligned columns in the RealTracks Picker.
- Fixed: Bar Based Lyrics and Section Text might appear upside down in the Lead Sheet window.
- Fixed: Attempting to select a different font for Bar Based Lyrics in the Notation window options did not do anything.
- Fixed: Sometimes the F12 key does not work for calling the Panic menu item.
- Fixed: "Metronome During Recording" feature only worked if choosing to record MIDI.
- Fixed: Access violation and program crash if adding a repeat to song that requires too many bars (more than 255).
- Fixed: Possible crash when playing song with time signature changes.
- Fixed: Rendering to M4A for iPhone would include an extra space in the file name.
- Fixed: Possible crash when importing chords from MIDI file if using macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Fixed: Audio harmonized voices transcribed to Soloist track should be on channels 1-4 instead of channel 2.
- Fixed: Chord Sheet videos were not in sync with “Include 2 bar lead-in” audio render setting.
- Fixed: Chord Sheet videos were not in sync with “Delay at start (seconds)” audio render setting.
- Fixed: Attempting to step-advance with the Guitar or Big Piano windows would not work for the the Piano track, displaying flash message "Piano track is empty, cannot step advance”.
- Fixed: If using Italian keyboard layout, the # symbol could not be typed into the chord sheet using the dedicated option+à key combination.
- Fixed: Drag and drop render will unfreeze tracks.
- Fixed: Bar Based lyrics layer might contain unwanted line breaks which is apparent when pressing down arrow key.
- Fixed: Program crash if auditioning a style demo that contained a % in the name.
- Fixed: [#] filter menus did not work in localized versions.
- Improved: Serial number entry is improved for convenience.
Summary of changes for build 324 (July 22, 2020):
- Vocal RealTracks from Set 328 might show as N/A in some cases.
- Magenta color in splash screen if using macoS 10.12 or 10.13.
- Crash if closing the Song Titles dialog immediately after opening it.
- Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
Summary of changes for build 323 (April 2, 2020):
- Fixed: Bootup time is faster.
- Fixed: It is not possible to type ^ (caret symbol for pushes) in chordsheet if using an Italian keyboard layout.
- Fixed: Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
- Fixed: The time signature button on the main toolbar did not do anything.
- Fixed: A maximum of 1990 MIDI events are loaded from a song file into the Melody or Soloist track.
- Fixed: Various problems with localized versions.
Summary of changes for build 321 (Mar 23, 2020):
- Fixed: Song title will be changed to ? when re-saving if it previously contained international characters like é or ©.
- Fixed: Event List window is using wrong colors.
- Fixed: Some song titles are blank in the Song Titles dialog.
- Fixed: Clicking on Print Chords from the chord sheet context menu causes application to crash.
- Fixed: On some computers the application will crash when opening the Piano Roll window.
- Fixed: Gender Param. setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
- Fixed: Vibrato Intensity setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
- Fixed: Pitch shifting setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
- Fixed: There is no option to cancel when generating a synthetic vocal.
- Fixed: The Vocal Synth feature would freeze for various operating systems.
- Fixed: Language selection for the Vocal Synth generator was wrong.
- Fixed: Possible crash when using the Audio Chord Wizard.
- Fixed: Jazz Up or Jazz Down was not undoable.
- Fixed: Dropping video files onto the Video RealTracks dialog failed, displaying flash message reporting that the video format was not compatible.
- Fixed: The copyright button in the Print Options dialog did not do anything.
- Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Remove Harmony would display popup message "not implemented".
- Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Convert Harmony to Soloist Track would also launch the Generate Chords and/or Melody dialog.
- Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Auto-Rechannel to Guitar Display would also toggle Embellish Melody.
- Fixed: Possible crash when opening Song Picker dialog.
- Fixed: Edit > Song Form > Unfold does not remove the tag ending.
- Fixed: Application crash when using Edit > Song Form > Unfold if song contains tag ending.
- Fixed: Tracks are listed twice in the Load XML File dialog.
- Fixed: The note name indicator in the Notation window was not displaying.
- Fixed: "...NOT rendered successfully to disk” error when using "Export Song as M4A" or "Export Song as AIFF".
- Fixed: "invalid integer" error when loading some ABC files.
- Fixed: "There was an error converting” error when attempting to import compressed audio files (.m4a, .mp3, etc.)
- Fixed: User is not asked to save their song after applying a harmony to Melody or Soloist track.
- Fixed: The demo player might fail to play a local file.
- Fixed: There should be a warning message when opening the Notation window if the notation fonts are not installed.
- Fixed: If opening a song from an version 2017 or earlier, any Audio Chord Wizard bar lines might be offset.
- Fixed: The Guitar window did not display the capo.
- Improved: Guitar capo setting can be changed by right-clicking the fret position bar.
- Fixed: The Chord Builder did not update position when clicking on a different bar in the chord sheet.
- Fixed: Changing a custom track label had not option to Undo, and did not prompt user to save song.
- Fixed: Importing an ABCNotation file would not include the key signature.
- Fixed: ABC files only opening some chords.
- Fixed: Problem storing minor keys.
- Fixed: MusicXML files created by Band-in-a-Box cannot be loaded by Band-in-a-Box if song title contains & (ampersand).
- Improved: More detailed bootup log.
Summary of changes for build 317 (Dec 5, 2019):
- Fixed: The mouse scroll wheel did not work in the Notation window.
- Fixed: Xtra Styles 8 showing as 7.
- Fixed: The Generate Video window would sometimes get lost behind the main window.
- Fixed: "Print Chords" in the Chord Sheet right-click menu does nothing.
- Fixed: Piano Roll window did not remember snap settings between program sessions.
- Fixed: There are 2 file open dialogs when opening a MIDI file, and the choice of the first one is ignored.
- Added: Floating Audio Edit window can be access from the Window menu, or Shift+Click on the Audio Edit button.
- Added: Floating Piano Roll window can be access from the Window menu, or Shift+Click on the Piano Roll button.
- Fixed: Chord Sheet & Notation video rendering features were not available.
- Fixed: Soloist > Generate and Play a Solo would fail to generate or start playback.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash when opening a song that contains note-based lyrics.
- Fixed: Dragging a single track to export MIDI causes that track to be permanently soloed.
Summary of changes for build 315 (Nov 15, 2019):
- Fixed: Exporting MusicXML files was not working.
- Fixed: When using "Auto-Hand split Piano track" feature, exported MIDI files contain wrong note durations on the Piano track.
- Fixed: Note-based lyrics were not included when exporting MIDI files.
- Fixed: User should be prompted to save their song when exiting, if they had added or removed plugins.
- Fixed: The Record Audio dialog always says “Track type is Stereo” even if the track type is mono.
- Fixed: The [Audio Options…] button in the Record Audio dialog was launching the Audio Devices dialog instead of the Audio Settings dialog.
- Fixed: Loops dialog title bar displays wrong track name.
- Fixed: Large patch map files are not completely loaded (were limited to 1985 patches).
- Fixed: Notation context menu > Edit Section Text… did not do anything.
- Fixed: Notation context menu > Insert Section Text… did not do anything.
Summary of changes for build 314 (Nov 8, 2019):
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 312 (Oct 28, 2019):
- Fixed: Video RealTracks would fail to render if using macOS Catalina.
- Fixed: Command+Return should be the hot-key for Options | MIDI Patch Maps, etc. | Insert current MIDI chord.
- Fixed: Window | Audio Chord Wizard menu item should say "Audio Chord Wizard (Legacy Standalone)", and should not be available for macOS Catalina 10.15 or higher.
- Improved: Auditioning styles, RealTracks, and RealDrums will start demo playback faster for online demos.
- Improved: Help video button added to the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar in the Audio Edit window.
- Fixed: In the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar, the "Auto Marking" and "Auto Analysis" checkboxes did not update after undoing.
- Fixed: Clicking the [Analyze] button in the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar should warn the user if no bar lines are set.
- Fixed: Launching he Audio Chord Wizard causes button hints to not show in the Audio Edit window, and it is not possible to return to the chord sheet.
- Fixed: When using the Audio Chord Wizard, sometimes the hour-glass mouse cursor does not go away after analyzing chords.
- Fixed: Double-clicking on a song file in the Finder to open it while Band-in-a-Box is running might cause a "Save before closing?" dialog to get stuck behind the main window.
Summary of changes for DAW plugin build 1.16.29
- Fixed: English should be used if the selected language resources are not available.
- Fixed: Control+Click was not triggering a right click in various parts of the program.
- Fixed: The audio track would go out of sync if opening the Audio Edit window during playback.
- Fixed: RealDrums will not play if there is a .wma file in the RealDrums directory.
- Fixed: The "Include Songs without Melodies” setting in the Jukebox options dialog was producing the opposite result.
- Fixed: The Jukebox should default to the Songs directory if there are no songs in the previously used
- Fixed: The DAWPlugin window might disappear when the style is generating. This affects programs like Ableton Live, Cubase, and Studio One. directory.
- Fixed: Options | Language Selection would cause "out of bounds" error if not using English version.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 310 (Oct 22, 2019):
- Fixed: Some Band-in-a-Box song files would fail to load in the DAW Plugin.
- Fixed: Shots, Holds, and Rests would not be imported into the DAW Plugin from Band-in-a-Box song files.
- Fixed: Clear renders tool-tip shows "Clear Renders_1"
- Fixed: All tool-tips and functions to be "mac" specific
- Fixed: Resolution of Standalone plugin icon
- Fixed: Standalone plugin doesn't ask to save when closing
- Fixed: Update host state when adding chords
- Fixed: "Open Recent" opening file picker dialog
- Fixed: Clicking on bar in chord sheet while playing will stop tracks
- Fixed: "SavedTracks" folder could be any name
- Fixed: Custom "SavedTracks" folder not working
- Fixed: Mute not working on midi tracks
- Fixed: Add plugin support for Legacy OS X (from 10.7)
- Fixed: Synced tracks not updating
- Fixed: Plugin made sound when starting playback in Cubase
- Fixed: Plugin made sound when stopping playback
- Fixed: Generation not cancelling when starting new session
- Fixed: Fix Generate all pages not working
- Fixed: Mixing short Multi-Riffs with full length tracks had wrong timing.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 309 (Oct 15, 2019):
- Fixed: Most menu items are blank if booting Band-in-a-Box in a non-English operating system.
- Fixed: The guitar fretboard type would not switch based on the selected RealTracks (eg. display 4 strings for bass RealTracks).
- Fixed: If the Bass track is selected while opening the Guitar window, then switching to a 6-string track will not display guide notes for all 6 strings.
- Fixed: The [Play] [Stop] [+] [-] buttons in the StylePicker do not respond properly to mouse clicks.
- Fixed: Redundant wording in the MIDI Track Picker dialog.
- Fixed: The Jukebox should default to the Songs directory if no song is currently selected.
- Fixed: The currently selected style should be selected and visible when opening the StylePicker.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 308 (Oct 4, 2019):
- Fixed: The Chord Builder is disabled if previously opened before using a modal dialog (eg. Style Picker, Set Tempo).
- Fixed: The program might crash when selecting RealTracks in the Best RealTracks dialog (eg. #2541)
- Improved: Higher dots-per-inch printing.
- Added: [Print Chords Only] button added to the Print Options dialog.
- Fixed: Wrong notes in Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.
Summary of changes in DAW Plugin 1.16.12
- Fixed: It was not possible to type + in the chord sheet, unless using the number pad + key.
- Fixed: User is not asked to save their song if opening another song from within the Finder (double-clicking on song, or dragging on to application icon).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box song files might change their file association to BBM4.app. The file icons become blue instead of yellow, and double-clicking on them in the Finder will not launch Band-in-a-Box. A hidden BBM4 application will be running, and can only be terminated within the Activity Monitor.
- Fixed: Clicking on buttons in the bottom row of the Chord Builder would crash the program.
- Added: Language selection dialog added to Options menu.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 306 (Sept 25, 2019):
- Fixed: The DAW Plugin should not check for Band-in-a-Box update patches.
- Fixed: Better highlighting in chord sheet.
- Fixed: Make selected cell at the end after pasting.
- Fixed: Some styles not dragging all tracks from blue button.
- Fixed: Losing focus in chord sheet.
- Fixed: Plugin stops playing non-synced tracks when closing and then opening plugin.
- Fixed: Issues in DP (8 & 10) lagging and not loading tracks or songs.
- Fixed: Track text resizing incorrectly.
- Fixed: C#7b5b9b13 to chord sheet.
- Fixed: Audio stutters when resizing plugin in Cubase and Ableton live.
- Fixed: Auto generation after open feature not working in Studio One.
- Fixed: Playback in plugin is distorted after switching plugins.
- Fixed: Crackling audio in Cubase.
- Added: SHIFT-ARROWS to select in chord sheet.
- Added: SHIFT-TAB to go backwards in chord sheet.
- Added: Copy selected cell if nothing highlighted.
- Added: Support for all Band-in-a-Box file types (.SG1 etc).
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 305 (Sept 20, 2019):
- Fixed: Printing the Lead Sheet was not supported.
- Fixed: The Audio Chord Wizard was not producing any chords.
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box does not have read/write privileges for the Data or Preferences folder during bootup, it will attempt to get privileges (requires Administrator account).
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 304 (Sept 17, 2019):
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box was not always opening with the same window position as the previous session.
- Fixed: The "Normalize mix" setting was not working when rendering to audio.
- Fixed: If the "Normalize individual tracks" setting was checked, then the full mix would be normalized when rendering audio.
- Fixed: MIDI tracks might not render to audio when using the DAW Plugin.
- Updated: PDF Manuals.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 303 (Sept 13, 2019):
- Fixed: Double-clicking does not start a demo in the RealDrums picker and RealTracks picker dialogs.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash if opening and closing an AU plugin's GUI several times.
- Fixed: Misc StylePicker data corrections
- Added: _Offbeat.sty (used in new features video tutorial)
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash when opening the Notation Options dialog.
- Fixed: Memory leak when opening and closing the Lead Sheet window multiple times.
- Fixed: Right-clicking to open context menus on chord sheet would not work if moving the mouse while the right mouse button was down.
- Fixed: List boxes were not scrolling to display the selected item (eg. the Loops window).
- Fixed: The notation window should not respond to mouse clicks when a modal dialog is open.
- Fixed: The track labels in the Mixer would sometimes have very large text.
- Fixed: The Guitar window should reopen while starting the program if it was open while exiting.
- Fixed: Clicking near a staff line will now insert the note on the line.
- Fixed: Holding Ctrl key when pressing the Zoom In or Zoom Out (+/-) buttons in the Notation Window will now zoom in or out by the minimum possible amount.
- Fixed: Pressing the Zoom In or Zoom Out buttons in the Notation Window would cause the vertical scroll bar to jump to the bottom location.
- Fixed: right-clicking on the time line in the Notation Window was causing both the Beat Resolution Dialog and the right click menu to pop up instead of just the Beat Resolution Dialog.
- Fixed: Close button did not close the print options dialog
- Fixed: Added the flash message regarding printing to the Print Options dialog
- Fixed: when switching to the Drum track in the Lead Sheet window, then debugger would issue a message about an invalid context.
- Fixed: if switching from LeadSheet to Notation and then back to Lead Sheet, there would be a bogus Notation Window still onscreen.
PG Music Inc.
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!
Happy International Country Music Day!!!
You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!
See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.
Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !
ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!
Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!
There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?
Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.
I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!
To access this feature:
Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.
Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!
I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Give it a try!
The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)
Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial
Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?
Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...
Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!
Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.
Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!
Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!
Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.
For more information on this offer, click here.
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!
Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!
KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!
With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!
Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!
There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!
Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!
Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM