Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm never ready for what I get. I see those 3 names; and get excited. Maybe consider recording something really sub-par to have us know you are human. You ARE human, right?

Ok. Once again, I was a bit blind sided. "Gritty Grove" has graced the forums. It's. Just. Right. There! Everything is working together so well together. Of course, Peter sprinkling it his awesome sauce takes it to the next level! Great job.

If I'm looking for the weak link in all of this, it's MY inability to formulate a way to say this is a great song! The production, arrangement, lyric, delivery, mastering...and of course, album art! I love that you include this. That really ads to the authenticity of it for me.

Ok, I thought of 1...so you know I'm not just blowing sunshine. The very first part of the song sounded slightly chopped. I'm talking the second you press "play." It's so subtle that I am questioning if that's just my computer. I didn't have time to read all of the comments, so if I'm the only one that hears that. It's on me.

Now,the vocal comparisons that have been given say A LOT...and rightfully so. I actually see this being to pitched to Sheryl Crow as well. Great comparisons for a reason.

Really great job. Truly a pleasure to listen to!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Janice,Bud & Peter, this is a song that is true to form of the Lucinda Americana genre. Just enough dirt in the production to produce authenticity. The vocal and harmony are rich and expressive and deliver the fine lyric with ease. The guitars have just enough hair on them to put the gravel into the bed. Great drum sound. Really nicely done by all three in your respective roles. Another one in a long line of great ones, Tom

Thank you Tom. You know the genre we were attempting and it is very cool for you to say we achieved it!

And you mentioned all of the things we were hoping to achieve.

Made our day!!!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, Bud & Peter.

Three Simple Words... A Great Band.

There is simply NOTHING out of place. This is like listening to the best of the music we grew up with. There should be vinyl of this somewhere. In all of our record collections (even if they ARE sitting in the closet...waiting to be rediscovered).

Peter's guitar is so good it "just fits". You don't even think about it. And the rest of the BAND sounds like the seasoned pros they are.

One of Janice's all-time great vocals. Brings to mind the great Soulful Pop vocalists... Maria Muldaur, Bonnie Raitt, Rita Coolidge... and the harmonies are just as good... Sweet.

Exquisite mix.

Can't even tell you how many times I've listened just now. I just keep going back and cuing it back up...

Awesome. Great Music.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Fun rhythm to the lyrics, excellent singing, clear production.

only three simple words such a lovely lie

Great lyric. smile

Thanks David. We appreciate that very much.

Be safe.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Listened a while back but didn't have time to leave a full review.

I really like this, quite a bit different than what I've come to expect from you guys.

Really good writing Bud! Strong opening:

"I was drawn to you like a moth to a flame
only to become but a pawn in your game"

Nice! And then:

"A few short months your veneer ran thin
you have no heart beneath your skin"

Excellent guitar from Peter, I really like the dual guitar approach he has used recently, very effective.

Mix is superb, you always get the drums perfect, but everything sounds great.

And of course Janice always shines through! One of my favorite female vocalists, period.

Great stuff guys, really enjoyed smile Loved the ending!

Dave, thanks big time. Your review goes a LONG way toward offering us validity regarding our production attempts. It means a lot. Thanks for mentioning the lyric also...I'll never write like Lucinda but I am strongly influenced by our 20+ years of listening to her. And, man, did you ever put
a big smile on Janice's face with your vocal comment!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
This song fits the ensemble like a new skin.
The denouement is perfect too.
Everything swings with a little friction to make dust with the grit.
I enjoyed every moment of this.
yet again - top class.

Thanks Ray. Your descriptions and word choices are priceless! And appreciated.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Loved it all, great production/performance, so professional, lyrics ++, overall very, very nice, and a completely enjoyable listen!

Thanks!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Top shelf again, Janice,Bud & Peter!
Has to be played loud to feel those guitars chopping and grating and to notice the fine production details... the doubled vocal sitting just where it should.
I like LW`s dark ballads more than her rockier songs; Janice has a playfulness in her voice here that suits the lyrics well (bet no one ever said Lucinda sounded playful!).

Robert

Thanks Robert. It's cool you are familiar with Lucinda and we're glad the production worked for you.
'
BTW, if you haven't and get a chance check out "Righteously" by Lucinda. Quite playful smile

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Janice, Bud, and Peter,

Great song and production. The guitars are a perfect balance to the vocals.

SD

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Frankp
Right down my alley, love this bluesy Americana vibe. Awesome lyrics and performances, especially the vocals and even more so the vocal harmonies. And great job by Peter on guitar.

Doubled snare, doubled cymbal? No idea how that's done... you can isolate individual drum elements in BIAB?

Thanks for the kind words Frank. I answered your drum question in a response we made earlier to one of your posts. If you have any questions PM me.

We are glad you liked the song and especially appreciate the mention of the Americana vibe.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I know the name but I don't know Ludinda Willams' music, BUT, this is AWESOME!!!! A complete class production all the way!!! EVERYTHING sounds GREAT!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I've listened to this several times - it is just plain good!

The vocalist, guitarist, and engineer should all take a bow.

p.s. Thanks for posting the 'tech stuff.'

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
I listened to this one a few weeks ago I though but I must not have written my comments. frown I too love Lucinda (I thought I said) and this evokes that style well (I thought I said). Nice vocals (I thought I said). I always enjoy Peter's guitar work (I thought I said). Great stories in lyrics (hard to do, I thought I said). Nice arrangement too (I thought I said). Well done everyone! (I thought I said.) smile

Hahaha! Thanks for the kind words and glad you both like Lucinda and feel like we captured some of that vibe.

J&B

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Janice,Bud & Peter,

The breath of the three people fits perfectly.
The collaboration of these three people has become more and more wonderful.
Great vocals and a good match of high sense guitars.
A very clear mix.
All are top notch.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki. It’s always good to hear from you and we appreciate your support.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi J&B + Peter,

A darker sound than your usual style and the lead vocal pitched a little
lower this time, I think, which gave Janice's voice a wonderful quality.
For me this was what turned a great track into a fabulous one.

But not to detract from Peter's superb blues guitar, or the clever writing
and arrangement - all simply first class.

And another super mix from Bud, to complete a thoroughly professional package.

One of your very best.

ROG.

Thanks a bunch Rog. I (Bud) have encouraged Janice, with some success smile ) to explore
that contralto part of her range. Very glad you liked it! And we appreciate all your comments
on the song.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Deej56
J&B and Peter,

Another excellent collaboration . . . I don’t think I can add to the many superlatives above, . . . so I’ll simply say I loved the listen, every drop of it . . and that ain’t no lie. :-)

My best to each of you,

Deej

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This sounds great y'all. Excellent production!

Originally Posted By: musician17
Loved it! Rugged and beautiful. Loved the surprise ending!

Thanks y'all for the time to listen and comment.
It's appreciated!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi guys,

I had to go look up the meaning of Americana to be sure I was on track with my comments.

When I listened to the song it was instantly recognizable. But why? What did it remind me of? And could those people be categorized as Americana?

The first person that came to mind was Lyle Lovett then I though yes Townes Van Zandt would write stuff like that. You guys said you like Lucinda Williams...I not sure I know her, perhaps that was because my first wife's name was Lucinda...lol

Nanci Griffith falls into that genera and so does Willie Nelson.

What you guys do is truly authentic Americana and really good stuff on top of that.

When I was young there we a couple of places in Houston Texas where I lived that many of the musicians like Lyle and Willie played at. Anderson Fair has become world famous. I use to go to Sand Mountain and Willie Nelson, David Allen Coe, Lyle Lovett and many other of today's household names would show up to play and we got to play with them and for sure drink with them. They were just people we knew in the same way we know Janice & Bud...just friends we liked who play and sang really cool music.

We are really lucky you have you guys around here!!

Cheers,

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 09/05/20 08:56 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What everyone else said!

You posted this on 8/19. I don't know how I missed it.

This is my new favorite song of yours.

All elements in this piece click together to make something special.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I'm never ready for what I get. I see those 3 names; and get excited. Maybe consider recording something really sub-par to have us know you are human. You ARE human, right?

Ok. Once again, I was a bit blind sided. "Gritty Grove" has graced the forums. It's. Just. Right. There! Everything is working together so well together. Of course, Peter sprinkling it his awesome sauce takes it to the next level! Great job.

If I'm looking for the weak link in all of this, it's MY inability to formulate a way to say this is a great song! The production, arrangement, lyric, delivery, mastering...and of course, album art! I love that you include this. That really ads to the authenticity of it for me.

Ok, I thought of 1...so you know I'm not just blowing sunshine. The very first part of the song sounded slightly chopped. I'm talking the second you press "play." It's so subtle that I am questioning if that's just my computer. I didn't have time to read all of the comments, so if I'm the only one that hears that. It's on me.

Now,the vocal comparisons that have been given say A LOT...and rightfully so. I actually see this being to pitched to Sheryl Crow as well. Great comparisons for a reason.

Really great job. Truly a pleasure to listen to!

Hey, good to see you back around! Your time to listen and to write such thoughtful and supportive comments are deeply appreciated. It goes a long ways toward making it all worth the effort. I went back to the DAW and checked the file as bounced. I left 1-2 seconds before the first beat. Perhaps SC truncated it or does so on occasion. I’ll reload the file. Thanks for mentioning that.

Best to you!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Janice, Bud & Peter.

Three Simple Words... A Great Band.

There is simply NOTHING out of place. This is like listening to the best of the music we grew up with. There should be vinyl of this somewhere. In all of our record collections (even if they ARE sitting in the closet...waiting to be rediscovered).

Peter's guitar is so good it "just fits". You don't even think about it. And the rest of the BAND sounds like the seasoned pros they are.

One of Janice's all-time great vocals. Brings to mind the great Soulful Pop vocalists... Maria Muldaur, Bonnie Raitt, Rita Coolidge... and the harmonies are just as good... Sweet.

Exquisite mix.

Can't even tell you how many times I've listened just now. I just keep going back and cuing it back up...

Awesome. Great Music.

fj

EVERY word of that is appreciated and us three. Just being mentioned in the same sentence of those singers put a HUGE smile on Janice's face. And favorable remarks from you about a mix are always genuinely supportive. Thank you mr jane.

J&B

PS I've got hundreds of records stacked in the basement...gotta check them for that song -- hope I didn't steal it smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi j&b and peter this was awesome in many ways vocal, write guitar work everything very memorable top notch thanks for sharing eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Janice, Bud, and Peter,

Great song and production. The guitars are a perfect balance to the vocals.

SD

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: olemon
I've listened to this several times - it is just plain good!

The vocalist, guitarist, and engineer should all take a bow.

p.s. Thanks for posting the 'tech stuff.'

We three appreciate that! PG Music asks for the tech stuff to be posted. I tend to overdo it smile

J&B

Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Hi guys,

I had to go look up the meaning of Americana to be sure I was on track with my comments.

When I listened to the song it was instantly recognizable. But why? What did it remind me of? And could those people be categorized as Americana?

The first person that came to mind was Lyle Lovett then I though yes Townes Van Zandt would write stuff like that. You guys said you like Lucinda Williams...I not sure I know her, perhaps that was because my first wife's name was Lucinda...lol

Nanci Griffith falls into that genera and so does Willie Nelson.

What you guys do is truly authentic Americana and really good stuff on top of that.

When I was young there we a couple of places in Houston Texas where I lived that many of the musicians like Lyle and Willie played at. Anderson Fair has become world famous. I use to go to Sand Mountain and Willie Nelson, David Allen Coe, Lyle Lovett and many other of today's household names would show up to play and we got to play with them and for sure drink with them. They were just people we knew in the same way we know Janice & Bud...just friends we liked who play and sang really cool music.

We are really lucky you have you guys around here!!

Cheers,

Billy

You are very kind to say that Billy. This a great community indeed.

Thank you.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
What everyone else said!

You posted this on 8/19. I don't know how I missed it.

This is my new favorite song of yours.

All elements in this piece click together to make something special.

Thanks. We’re glad you found it and enjoyed it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi j&b and peter this was awesome in many ways vocal, write guitar work everything very memorable top notch thanks for sharing eric

Thanks Eric!

J&B

User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Janice, Bud and Peter...
I can always look forward to a good listen from you folks! From the beginning to the end the song was flawlessly executed. Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed listening to it. You music has me like... Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words...
https://giphy.com/gifs/slow-clap-cartoon-applause-6L9E4acrva0Eg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,485
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195