Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Janice, Bud and Peter...
I can always look forward to a good listen from you folks! From the beginning to the end the song was flawlessly executed. Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed listening to it. You music has me like... Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words...
https://giphy.com/gifs/slow-clap-cartoon-applause-6L9E4acrva0Eg

Thanks for listening and thanks for the applause! smile

J&B

User Showcase
H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
SEE !! Now I LOVE sassy singers !! The way you drag that lyric "... your desire !!" LOL That's what I'm talking about. Music is feeling and not a reading and syllable exercise. If you want to hear every syllable and phrase do Theater. For good old foot stomping head shaking music that you can feel this is what you've captured. I can hear the fun in your voice. That's what moves folks and Janice you nailed it.

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
This song really made me travel far away! Everything fits perfectly, the voice is strong, the guitar great, the mix really good. Good job!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Angelomusic
This song really made me travel far away! Everything fits perfectly, the voice is strong, the guitar great, the mix really good. Good job!

Thanks for the nice comments!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
SEE !! Now I LOVE sassy singers !! The way you drag that lyric "... your desire !!" LOL That's what I'm talking about. Music is feeling and not a reading and syllable exercise. If you want to hear every syllable and phrase do Theater. For good old foot stomping head shaking music that you can feel this is what you've captured. I can hear the fun in your voice. That's what moves folks and Janice you nailed it.

Yes, it was fun! We often mention what we call “follow the bouncing ball” vocals that are technically good but completely devoid of soul. Janice has been kidded at times about her “bent note” singing - once on the forum somebody said it danced around too much smile But she puts her heart and soul in all her tunes and we try to write lyrics that are as she says “singable.” All meaning your comments are very supportive and greatly appreciated.

I, Bud, am writing this because she is far too modest to say what I did!

Thank you.

J&B

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
That guitar is to die for, and the vocals are just perfect, yeah the lyrics are ok too, did I get you there Bud? Ha, just a great song in all ways guys, love it. Cliff

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cliftond
That guitar is to die for, and the vocals are just perfect, yeah the lyrics are ok too, did I get you there Bud? Ha, just a great song in all ways guys, love it. Cliff

Ha! Thanks Cliff. Thanks for listening and
Commenting. Good to see ya back around.

J&B

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm going to have to give Lucinda Williams a listen because I love this tune. I get a Bonnie Raitt influence on this.

Great lyrics, great performances, great mix, congrats.

Frank

Some tunes from me and my collaborator: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvGqM6ktMW5ltTnyit1KWPg/videos

Band-in-a-Box Ultrapak 2019, Windows 11, Reaper, Behringer u-phoria UMC404HD, Kali LP-8
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi J&B and Peter.

It's been a while since I last heard a song from the three of you and man, this is AWESOME+++++. The production is the best I've heard. And the minute Janice started singing, the thought came to my head that if I was an icecream, I'd run all over place. Janice, your vocals truly sizzle and shine brightly just like the noonday summer sun.

Peter, your guitar work was a perfect fit both with texture and technique. I'd love to be able to play like you.

Bud you've done a superb job bringing this production to life. It's just so very easy to listen to. I love it!

Thank you all for a great journey,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi J&B and Peter.

It's been a while since I last heard a song from the three of you and man, this is AWESOME+++++. The production is the best I've heard. And the minute Janice started singing, the thought came to my head that if I was an icecream, I'd run all over place. Janice, your vocals truly sizzle and shine brightly just like the noonday summer sun.

Peter, your guitar work was a perfect fit both with texture and technique. I'd love to be able to play like you.

Bud you've done a superb job bringing this production to life. It's just so very easy to listen to. I love it!

Thank you all for a great journey,
Noel

Noel, it’s always a pleasure to hear from you. We always appreciate your thoughtful reviews and this is no exception.

So, thank you!!!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Some tasty grit.
Your stuff is always so good I hate to suggest any improvements.
However, I hope you can accept a small personal observation:

Janice has a great voice but would have loved to hear more of her clean vocal (without doubling and such) in the verses.

Nice song, well done.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Some tasty grit.
Your stuff is always so good I hate to suggest any improvements.
However, I hope you can accept a small personal observation:

Janice has a great voice but would have loved to hear more of her clean vocal (without doubling and such) in the verses.

Nice song, well done.

Thanks! Personal observations are always welcome.

The lead vocal is not doubled. The only fx is a Nectar preset I've used for years on her vocals (with slight tweaks depending on the song). For this tune I added a bit of tape sat and slightly more compression to "grit" up the vocal a bit which is what you are hearing.

And we are glad you noticed it as grit was the objective from the get go as we were trying to channel Lucinda. So, even though you preferred it cleaner we met our objective with the grit!

Thanks again and please never be reticent to offer an opinion.

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I love the way this flows. Great vocals, mix and melody.
One tiny nit that I have is that the lead guitar sounds a little dead and doesn't sit quite right in the mix.
No one else here seems to have picked that up though so it may just be my old ears.
Don't hate me for it.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
I love the way this flows. Great vocals, mix and melody.
One tiny nit that I have is that the lead guitar sounds a little dead and doesn't sit quite right in the mix.
No one else here seems to have picked that up though so it may just be my old ears.
Don't hate me for it.

Vic

Glad you liked it. We feel that Peter played a great lively lead that captured the Lucinda Williams feel (our objective) and we were pleased the way it worked with the vocal and fit in the mix: No hate - unlike many forums this is a great community.

Be safe

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,594
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193