You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#611885 - 08/23/20 02:19 PM [User Showcase] What I'm Gonna Do ??
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

RnB song with the Philly Soul style I like of strings, smooth flow, and background harmonies and unison. Written and composed by me and I do all the vocals. Love this "Delfonics" and "Moments" type of stuff.

https://youtu.be/E0s2iF_7Mwg

Style - Pillowy.Sty - Dreamy Pop Ballad (slowed down to 75 BPM)
Bass - 700
Guitar 1 - 2617 (Wah Wah)
Drums - Southern Pop
Guitar 2 - 1762 Electric rhythm
Guitar 3 - 367 Background Dreamy
Strings - 2952 Jazz Ballad Pads
Organ - 688 B3 Background Pop

All vocals recorded on Tascam DP 32
Microphone: Shure PG-42
Mixed in Sonar Producer (Cakewalk)

#611897 - 08/23/20 03:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Henry Clarke]
Loc: Wauconda
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Wauconda
I wanted to be critical of the vocal mix, but I can't. It is way to good. This is definitely a keeper. Congrats.

#611903 - 08/23/20 04:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: MusicStudent]
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

Well thank you sir !! I take that as a compliment :-)

#611921 - 08/23/20 05:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Henry Clarke]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hello Henry ...

Due to my wife's significant disabilities and poor health, I don't get on the forum a lot these days. But when I saw you had posted a new one, I came right over to have a listen. I love your vocal styling and your arrangements. This is a super song with a lot of vocal dynamics and a lush mix. Everything is well-balanced and holds it's own space. The b/g vocals are stellar!

I hear almost as much DoWop as I do RnB/Soul. I understand that DoWop was the immediate predecessor of 60s and 70s RnB, but this particular song comes across to me as the musical era when contemporary music of the time had started to redefine DoWop and move it into the RnB arena. Thus, I see a melding of the two styles/genres here. For me, this song would have been a marvelous transition song of the time. And it's a wonderful trip back to that time. These 73 year-old ears aren't what they used to be, but this is how I heard your song. I gave it three successive listens!

BTW, I was a lead guitar player in several country bands for nearly 50 years and country all I ever played professionally. But I always had a deep appreciation and love for this style of music. I'd come home from a gig and put on an Al Jarreau, Platters, or Temptations, etc. album and just chill.

Although your voice is a bit softer and higher than his, your vocal styling reminds me a lot of Tony Williams, the late lead singer of The Platters. And the backing tracks, to my ear, are reminiscent of some of the The Five Satins later recordings. In my book, that's a pretty dang good combo!

A wonderful song you've crafted with a really "sweet" delivery. Thanks for a terrific listen! I guess I've rattled on enough. Wishing you the best and please be safe.

Alan

Edited by Al-David (08/23/20 05:05 PM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#611935 - 08/23/20 05:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Henry Clarke]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Totally classic, and Totally classy!!!! Love this sound!! This is the 3rd track I've heard from you today, and all are excellent!!! Take care. Greg

#611949 - 08/23/20 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Al-David]
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Alan. I appreciate you taking the time out to listen. I too was a big doo [*****] fan and groups like the Platters had some of the best harmonies on the planet LOl .. I don't know "The Five Satins" so I'll have to check them out. I grew up on The Delfonics, The Spinners, The Manhattans, The Moments, and groups like that. They all had amazing vocals. I see you were a touring musician. I too spent some time in a few vocal groups by of course life got in the way (wife, children, BILLS, etc..) LOL However I have no regrets. I just enjoy the freedom today to write and do what I want to do. I'll never hae a hit and I'm okay with that. I'm just enjoying the ride. All the best to you and your wife !! Be Blessed. Henry

#611950 - 08/23/20 06:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: What I'm Gonna Do ?? [Re: Greg Johnson]
Henry Clarke Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Greg !!

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36562 Members
64 Forums
75779 Topics
667900 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Anonyrat, sullivan1973, waylonfbrooks, smithpick, jamit

36561 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 153
Matt Finley 88