Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#613171 - 08/31/20 09:06 PM [User Showcase] "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar
Loc: Sunny Florida :)
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Hi all!

I'm happy (and a bit scared tbh) to introduce you my 1st song "Light worker". I used to play guitar 25 years ago but then decided to stop. 25 years later (nowadays) I decided to try to go back to it. I've been seriously playing for the last 2 months and I have composed this tune. I'm just re-learning guitar. Not easy but that's my challenge smile

Hopefully you will like the song.

I used Reaper to record and mix
I play all the guitars, played the violins with my guitar using SPITLAB free instruments.
Programs to have the clean and distorted sound : THU-full
Vst used : OTT, Valallah reverb, Ozone 9.

Light worker

Edited by Angelomusic (08/31/20 09:10 PM)

#613225 - 09/01/20 09:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
This is an excellent song. Your guitar work is very cool. This sounds excellent on the headphones. Well done and Welcome to the forum

#613237 - 09/01/20 10:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Thank you SO MUCH Scott, your words mean a lot to me and encourage me to keep on going re-learn the guitar. Thank you again!!

#613343 - 09/02/20 04:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Tano Music Online   content
Expert

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Outstanding! Beautiful guitar work. Did you say that you have been away from the guitar for 25 years, or 25 minutes!? Very polished and professional. Great work!

#613355 - 09/02/20 06:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Very nice guitar work.

What are the drums? I don't recognize that pattern from BIAB, so if they are, it would nice to know which one...

A nice mix.

A pleasant listen.

fj

#613364 - 09/02/20 06:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: floyd jane]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Outstanding! Beautiful guitar work. Did you say that you have been away from the guitar for 25 years, or 25 minutes!? Very polished and professional. Great work!

Thank you very much Tano! One of my friend told me that music is like bicycle, you never really forget. Well, that's part true but not as easy. I have to relearn all the chords (and inversions), the scales, the fingers have to be reacustomed to play + sync between the 2 hands etc. But the more I practice (and it is tedious) the more I feel some things coming back on the surface from 25 years.

But yeah, this is still a challenge, I have so much to re-learn and I can feel I'm very far from where I used to be (I used to play when I was 20yo, only doing that in life for a couple of years).

Thank you so much for taking time to listen, your words touched me!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Very nice guitar work.

What are the drums? I don't recognize that pattern from BIAB, so if they are, it would nice to know which one...

A nice mix.

A pleasant listen.

fj

Thank you very much Floyd for your support which helps me to keep the motivation up!

My bad, I haven't say a thing about drums. I used 2 vsts :
- Spitfire labs free drum kit : I played a very simple sequence using my guitar (with a plugin which allows you to play midi through the instrument). Then I added the reverb on the drums which created that kind of groovy drum sound.

- For the couple of drum fills I used MT-power drum kit which is free as well.

I am finishing a 2nd song which this time will use BIAB (bass/drums) that I will in a couple of weeks here. I love BIAB, it's just that I couldn't find for Light Worker that kind of "tribal" raw drum groove that I created. But maybe I didn't look for it enough.

Thanks again for your support!

#613406 - 09/02/20 12:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Enjoyably cinematic with your lead guitar tone and feel a standout.
Welcome to the forum!

Robert

#613424 - 09/02/20 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Thank you very much for your nice words and the welcome Robert!!

#613428 - 09/02/20 04:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Chris Dent Offline
Enthusiast

Very nice work. I really like the style and guitar tones. Great feel.

Interesting that you are using guitar midi. I have the Jam Origin Midi Guitar software that converts tone to midi and I also have a Fishman Tripleplay pickup. I don't find either of them very satisfactory and usually wind up using keyboard for midi. What are you using if you don't mind me asking....

#613433 - 09/02/20 04:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Welcome to the forums.

Man, you are one fantastic guitarist! Love the tone of that axe! Plus your chops are second to none. Very nice chord progression also. And you mix was spot on.

Excellent song.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#613456 - 09/02/20 10:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: MarioD]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Chris Dent
Very nice work. I really like the style and guitar tones. Great feel.

Interesting that you are using guitar midi. I have the Jam Origin Midi Guitar software that converts tone to midi and I also have a Fishman Tripleplay pickup. I don't find either of them very satisfactory and usually wind up using keyboard for midi. What are you using if you don't mind me asking....

Thanks for the support Chris!

Actually I used Jam as well. I agree that it is more or less usable depending on the instrument you want to emulate on the guitar. If I remember correctly I played the strings on the guitar but used the midi keyboard for the drum line since it was not a complex one.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Welcome to the forums.

Man, you are one fantastic guitarist! Love the tone of that axe! Plus your chops are second to none. Very nice chord progression also. And you mix was spot on.

Excellent song.

You are really so sweet, it touches me deeply. Thank you Mario for your very nice words and support, they boost me a lot to keep on going!

#613557 - 09/03/20 10:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Wow, that was great, was not expecting it to be so good after such a layoff. Great technique. Terrific ending. Audacious intro to the forum.

#613638 - 09/04/20 05:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: TuneMonger]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wow, that was great, was not expecting it to be so good after such a layoff. Great technique. Terrific ending. Audacious intro to the forum.

Thank you so much, I am so happy that you enjoyed this little tune.

You all guys are really super sweet, thank you all for your support and kind comments, it really means a lot to me !

#613643 - 09/04/20 05:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
olemon Offline
Expert

You ought to find a studio in need of a session guitarist - so good.

Well done, and welcome.

Be well.

Scott

#613851 - 09/05/20 06:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
I would say if there was any rust after that 25 year hiatus, you quickly cleaned it off!!! Wonderful playing!! Kind of Latin jazz-rock. Wonderful!! Take care. Greg

#613942 - 09/06/20 03:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
Angelo: Your playing will always be in style. From the heart, I'll say.
Reaper/Audacity
TASCAM DP 03 SD|Digital deck

#613944 - 09/06/20 03:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Very nice playing.

Look forward to hearing one where you use Band-In-A-Box.

Peter

#613964 - 09/06/20 06:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: PeterF]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: olemon
You ought to find a studio in need of a session guitarist - so good.

Well done, and welcome.

Be well.

Scott

Thank you so much Scott! There is still a long way before daring to put a toe inside a studio but your words really touch me!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I would say if there was any rust after that 25 year hiatus, you quickly cleaned it off!!! Wonderful playing!! Kind of Latin jazz-rock. Wonderful!! Take care. Greg

Thank you very much Greg! I love indeed latin jazz rock, I used to play some back in the day. Very happy you enjoyed this little tune!

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Angelo: Your playing will always be in style. From the heart, I'll say.

A big thank you for your words. I'm so glad you could feel that indeed I put all my heart when I play. Thanks you!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Very nice playing.

Look forward to hearing one where you use Band-In-A-Box.

Peter

Thank you very much Peter! The very next one which should be ready soon will use BIAB. A different genre, still instrumental since this is what I do. Thanks again Peter smile

#615165 - 09/15/20 06:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Bawb Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Hi Angelomusic,

Wow... I hear so many influences in your playing, yet it sounds so fresh and original.

I hear Scorpions and others from back from when music was still good.

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed listening to it.

#615341 - 09/16/20 11:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: "Light Worker" : my 1st tune after 25 year non playing guitar [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
You play well and the arrangement is "epic".
The tone of your lead guitar is classic but, possibly, too "classic".
The delay and overdrive give it a very smooth, almost generic, sound...the sort sims do so well.
Since you getting "back into it" now would be the perfect time to find YOUR sound.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today our friends in the USA are celebrating Thanksgiving!

Our hours are not affected - we are here until 6pm PST!

We hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving!

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Forum Stats
33236 Members
67 Forums
66176 Topics
567500 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
HasseIron, IanP, Neha Sharma, Bravo Hearing Ce, PSAcademy

33235 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 201