You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#607498 - 07/22/20 01:10 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Real Track artists
Loc: Akron, Oh
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

This HAS to be a repeat but I haven't been around as long as a lot of your regulars.

Is it even worth the time to suggest artists to be sampled into real tracks? I mean are they going to listen or go all WC Fields and tell "Go away son. You're bothering me." There is another wave of studio dudes coming up. I love Brent Mason but he is kind of played out now. As well as he plays those little chunks just don't always seam together well.

I emailed (I think it was) Sales suggesting Tom Bukovac. He is the most recorded guitar player in Nashville over the last 25 years and has been guitar player of the year for a lot of years. AND, thanks to Covid, he could probably use some cash flow right now (so he doesn't have to go into his vault.... He is hardly hurting.) Had had no social media presence until recently so only the people who read liner notes know his name.

AND... he grew up not far from me in my little suburb of Cleveland, though I am WAY older than him and we didn't know each other when he was here.

#607677 - 07/23/20 03:07 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Real Track artists [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
This HAS to be a repeat but I haven't been around as long as a lot of your regulars.

Is it even worth the time to suggest artists to be sampled into real tracks? I mean are they going to listen or go all WC Fields and tell "Go away son. You're bothering me." There is another wave of studio dudes coming up. I love Brent Mason but he is kind of played out now. As well as he plays those little chunks just don't always seam together well.

I emailed (I think it was) Sales suggesting Tom Bukovac. He is the most recorded guitar player in Nashville over the last 25 years and has been guitar player of the year for a lot of years. AND, thanks to Covid, he could probably use some cash flow right now (so he doesn't have to go into his vault.... He is hardly hurting.) Had had no social media presence until recently so only the people who read liner notes know his name.

AND... he grew up not far from me in my little suburb of Cleveland, though I am WAY older than him and we didn't know each other when he was here.

I think this is quite a good idea. There are a lot of older players that set the standards for a lot of genres. I'd like to add Craig Fuller to a list of hopefuls that can add a of different popular styles that people still like to replicate today. Craig was the lead guitarist and also played rhythm parts as well as the main songwriter for the original lineup of Pure Prairie League and from 1987-1993 with Little Feat.

#612785 - 08/29/20 10:20 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Real Track artists [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: TN
Roger Brown Offline
Apprentice

Loc: TN
I cannot speak for PG Music, but I suspect that part of the issue (pre-COVID) has been that there a quite a few session musicians who aren't keen on the idea of work-for-hire projects. By way of example, in the past, I would routinely try to hire certain session musicians in Nashville for demo sessions - certain guys (Brent Mason as an example) simply wouldn't play on demo sessions, they would only take master session bookings, and often demanded double or triple scale. That of course was when session work was plentiful and we were printing money in the country market.
I would think with the current COVID anchor around the industry's neck, that more players would be willing to take the work-for-hire sessions than in the past.

#612946 - 08/30/20 07:18 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Real Track artists [Re: Roger Brown]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Roger, we all know what talks and what walks, right? Guys at that level require a good amount of what talks to do this, but apparently when you see John Jarvis, Brent Mason, Paul Franklin and such, apparently at some point PG was willing to part with what talks. I would kill and step over the body if Tom Bukovac would do samples for PG. As much as I love Brent Mason, most of what is available here from him is an exercise in "How many notes can I fit into these 8 bars" more than "How tasteful can I play this". I have used his snippets and made some GREAT solos, but it's quite an exercise in cutting and pasting to cobble something together to create a solo that flows well and sounds natural enough to actually be played by normal humans who fall far short of his skill level.

Bukovac, from the same small burb in northeast Ohio where I lived for many years, after years of no social media presence turned to a youtube channel and t-shirt sales to offset the work he lost due to quarantine. I have a hard time imagining that between him and Sarah they are hurting for money, but he probably did it partially out of boredom. The first call session guitar guy and most recorded guitar player in Nashville over the last 20 years can't be hurting for money. If he IS, what an opportunity here to pick up some fast cash for a day of recording samples.
I mean one Buckeye to another, right? LOL!! Granted he was born just 12 miles inside the Ohio line, but it counts!!

#613725 - 09/04/20 04:37 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Real Track artists [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: Mi., USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mi., USA
Jeff Berlin bass
Steve Gadd drums (pipe dream I know)
Alan Zavod or Biff Hannon (or as was mentioned recently, Dave Stewart) on keys
hmm, I wonder what Andrian Belew is doing right now ..

There are so many great players probably looking for a safe way to make money.
For once I won't pick on eddie1261; great idea/opportunity these days smile
Everybody wins

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32836 Members
68 Forums
66117 Topics
561370 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
philcoe, Staf84, Fabio Sena, GSP2, Stubiab

32835 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 173
VideoTrack 148