Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Covid 19; Is ignorance or indifference putting more lives at risk?

A light hearted introduction to the topic;

Old Crow Medicine Show - Quarantined (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gD1B0X2SWw&list=PL3r_j6sKne0ee5iNX0-U6oszcpaY70asP&index=3&t=0s

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of people acting as if it didn't exist, or speaking of it in the past tense as if it weren't still happening. According to Bing, the US death toll today is 192,082.

I was an early adopter of masks. As soon as I found some to order I placed an order for 3 boxes. 1 for me, 1 for my son and 1 for my ex-wife. We never leave home without them.

So what do you think? Ignorance or indifference?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Punk attitude is the problem. That whole "Nobody ain't gon' tell ME I gotsta wear a mask!!!" Combined with the ignorance factor of "How is this mask going to protect me?" Well, dumbass, the mask is to protect us FROM you by not allowing your exhaled breath to travel far enough for us to inhale it. You don't know if you are a carrier or not. You can spread a virus without having symptoms yourself. But that is this angry generation that thinks they know it all despite that being 180 degrees off. (If any of that generation Y is confused, 180 degrees off means "you have it backwards".) Just like how you can contract shingles from someone exposed to chicken pox though that person doesn't have chicken pox.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
How many responses until this post gets banned?

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

It's amazing how little time it took for someone to suggest a ban about a topic on an international pandemic that affects every living human being on the planet even though it included a relevant musical song addressing the problem.

Free speech does appear to be a problem in 2020's "cancel culture".

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Covid 19; Is ignorance or indifference putting more lives at risk?

A light hearted introduction to the topic;

Old Crow Medicine Show - Quarantined (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gD1B0X2SWw&list=PL3r_j6sKne0ee5iNX0-U6oszcpaY70asP&index=3&t=0s

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of people acting as if it didn't exist, or speaking of it in the past tense as if it weren't still happening. According to Bing, the US death toll today is 192,082.

I was an early adopter of masks. As soon as I found some to order I placed an order for 3 boxes. 1 for me, 1 for my son and 1 for my ex-wife. We never leave home without them.

So what do you think? Ignorance or indifference?

Both and a refusal to listen to the experts and getting counsel from unqualified people.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I own a farm. We spray dangerous chemicals almost every day. I have Dupont Hazmat suits and half face respirators our guys wear every day. So wearing a mask is so normal for me I never gave it a second thought. I have to pass government hazmat test to prove I understand how and why to use the equipment.

Having to wear PPE to the supermarket was a new thing and I knew from the beginning the information regarding mask wearing, these little blue mask were pretty poor protection. I had Green N95 mask of the type doctors use in the ER. It is what I use for everyday stuff.

I don't have any control of anyone else's ignorance or indifference, real or perceived. If you wear a mask or not I am going to protect myself. I also did not need the government to tell me to put one on. I am a old guy and I do not want to contract Covid-19.

I have no expectation people in general would have any idea what a nanometer is or how small a viron is, or what sort of mask will do what but they should see that doctors wear mask to protect them self all the time. So what is the big deal?

I know people who think Covid-19 does not exist. I also know people who think the earth is flat. With the number of folks who can not read the front page of a newspaper, in any language, I don't find it strange that they may not believe something they can nor see exist.

I know my employees have gotten sick and one died. The hospital said he had Covid-19 and I have no reason not to believe them.

On this particular issue I am neither ignorance or indifference but it is very east to become complacent. I hope we can all put this pandemic behind us sooner than later. There seems to be good reason to think a vaccine will be produced. There is no guarantee this will ever happen and if we don't get a vaccine we will adapt.

Best wishes for everyone,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
bobcflatpicker, for me one of the saddest things is realizing how many people in the USA have allowed something as basic as a mask to be a political statement. If we had had a national policy on masks and social distancing from the beginning we could already have this pandemic under control and 100,000 Americans could still be alive.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The first thing I noticed when I started wearing a mask was how many people looked at me like I was some kind of freak. At least that's changed.

For the record, I hate wearing a mask. I'm old, I'm fat, I've had open heart surgery just a couple of years ago, I have high blood pressure, I have breathing problems. If someone was going to try to claim a medical exemption as an excuse to not wear a mask then I have a whole list of reasons I could use to try to get out of it.

Still, I wouldn't even consider going out in public without a mask, and I try to stay at least 10 ft. or more from anyone around me.

One of my sisters birthday was a couple of weeks ago. My other sister was coming up to see her and they both wanted to come over to visit. My sister with the birthday did warn me that she'd started going back to church recently after the initial phase of the pandemic. I told her that I'd rather they didn't come over until after the pandemic was over.

She's exposing herself to hundreds of people 3 times a week and anyone else she goes around gets that same exposure. Not only would I be exposed to the mass amount of people she comes into contact with but I would also be exposing my son to the same.

It's not rocket science to slow the spread of Covid. Avoid crowds, wear a mask in public and practice social distancing. It's not a guarantee but it significantly increases your chances of protecting others and yourselves.

Just because we have some fools in leadership positions doesn't mean we should emulate them or listen to the nonsense that comes out of their mouths.

Science first. Politics doesn't even make it into the top 10.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 09/07/20 11:51 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The only reason I didn't title this post "Is ignorance or apathy putting more lives at risk?" is because I didn't want to get the stock answer of "I don't know and I don't care".

I saw where some famous sports figure was trying to defend playing sports during Covid and he said "If I die, ...then I die". Somehow I don't think he'd be using those words if he or a loved one were dying from Covid.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
I know people who think Covid-19 does not exist. I also know people who think the earth is flat.

Even more shocking, some people think that Stevie Nicks can sing!!

Your mention of a farm brought her to mind, with with that voice that sounds like a sheep and all.... If she wasn't hot, she would have NO male fans. And she is like 71 now and STILL hot.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Our good friend of 25 years died of Covid last month after three miserable weeks on a ventilator. He was fit (we mountain bike raced together for years), smart, well educated, science based and did all the right things to avoid infection. He apparently contracted it from a non mask wearing person while he was at a PT visit. His wife appealed three times to the hospital CEO to let her and their adult children be at his bedside. He was a great father and athlete whom I never heard say an unkind word.

His wife now wears a mask that says on it “I lost a loved one ... I wear this mask to protect yours.”

I know this forum is supposed to be music related so I’ll mention that his son once played drums in a band of note and that he sang in a church choir that was frequently invited to perform at many venues.

That’s all I have to say.

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
I know people who think Covid-19 does not exist. I also know people who think the earth is flat.

Even more shocking, some people think that Stevie Nicks can sing!!

Your mention of a farm brought her to mind, with with that voice that sounds like a sheep and all.... If she wasn't hot, she would have NO male fans. And she is like 71 now and STILL hot.

grin grin grin grin Good one Eddie grin grin grin grin

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The only reason I didn't title this post "Is ignorance or apathy putting more lives at risk?" is because I didn't want to get the stock answer of "I don't know and I don't care".

I saw where some famous sports figure was trying to defend playing sports during Covid and he said "If I die, ...then I die". Somehow I don't think he'd be using those words if he or a loved one were dying from Covid.

Bob, it is ignorance. We have a generation of kids that did not learn any history, have no manors, have been told their whole lives that they are special, never had a somewhat major disappointment, think everything should be free, and like most of us when we were at that age think they are invincible. The difference is when we were kids we could not kill people by breathing on them!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You can't cure stupid.

My bro-in-law's family decided to take the advice of a real estate salesman instead of the medical experts in contagious diseases. Wife, son, and son's fiance all got COVID. Wife thought she was going to die in an isolation ward while it took everything she had just to breathe. She now has permanent organ damage. The jury is out on whether the organ damage of son and fiance will be permanent or just take years to heal.

My bro-in-law says, "I was stupid."

Last edited by Notes Norton; 09/08/20 03:01 AM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I heard a MLK quote today that I'd never heard before.

"The time is always right to do what is right."

This is true in so many areas of our lives. To stay on topic, if people would just start avoiding crowds, wearing masks and practicing social distancing it would save tens of thousands of lives.

It's not a political statement, ... just an easy defense to the modern day plaque we are currently facing.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was 'superspreading event' that cost public health $12.2 billion: analysis

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/515453-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-was-superspreading-event-that-cost-public

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
In The UK It's disgusting to see so many people ???? Protesting against lockdown, protesting against climate change and all the rest of it.
Many covidiots here believe it's all one huge hoax devised by worldwide governments. Illegal parties taking place all over the country and the virus is on the increase again. People like those morons will be the first to bleat when they're locked up in their homes again. Myself and my wife have barely left our garden for the last 6 months, yet, people like our neighbours ignored the lockdown since day one, going out & about several times a day. The police here need more power to arrest thoughtless scum and fine them heavily.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
West Virginia University becomes the latest school to backtrack on in-person classes after a spike in Covid-19 cases

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/us/west-virginia-university-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

I don't know why schools keep trying to re-open. It's a bad idea now and it's only going to get worse as fall and winter sets in.

Wake up folks! We're in an international pandemic and things aren't going to go back to normal until next year sometime, ... maybe not even then.

We missed the boat to put a lid on this in Jan or Feb when we were told it would magically disappear and some people actually believed that nonsense.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Think about how how many lives could have been saved and how many fewer families would be dealing with the loss of a loved one, maybe even the bread winner of that family, if we hadn't pretended the threat wasn't real and responded sooner.

Maybe we should give more than a second thought to who we put in charge of decisions that affect the lives of hundreds of millions of people.

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

It's amazing how little time it took for someone to suggest a ban about a topic on an international pandemic that affects every living human being on the planet even though it included a relevant musical song addressing the problem.

Free speech does appear to be a problem in 2020's "cancel culture".

I did not suggest a ban.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,725
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197