Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
that Beetlejuice looking mayor

Have you looked into a mirror lately?

Daily!! I'm GORGEOUS!!!!

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Re the Covid fatality count. It was said months ago by CDC I think that just to "attempt" to keep that count consistent nationwide, if someone dies and they have Covid in their system then regardless of what else they have, it's counted as a Covid death. That's fine but news reports NEVER say anything about that so yes I agree, the death count reports are over hyped and should be put into context.

The other thing is the false positive case numbers. Have any of you seen the NY Times article from last week about that? Here's the opening teaser:

The standard tests are diagnosing huge numbers of people who may be carrying relatively insignificant amounts of the virus.

Most of these people are not likely to be contagious, and identifying them may contribute to bottlenecks that prevent those who are contagious from being found in time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html

It's not behind a paywall, just hit the Continue arrow in the right of the popup window.

The article is long and detailed and to me it's absolutely astounding in it's implications. It has not been picked up by anybody, not on the right, not on the left and I really don't get it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted By: edshaw
The official story now seems to be Chinese bio-weapon.

Really? Sounds like you're getting your "news" from some place even wackier than cable!

Yeah, and being spread by no less than former heads of the CIA and MI6, Mike Pompeo and Richard Dearlove.
https://news.sky.com/story/former-head-of-mi6-says-theory-coronavirus-was-made-in-wuhan-lab-must-not-be-dismissed-as-conspiracy-12021693
As the story is told, the virus project was in the hands of the bio-weapons research labs in Fort Detrick, MD., and Madison Wisconsin. When the program was closed around 2000, it was transferred to the Wuhan lab with the goal of making the virus more contageous.
That connection becomes worth investigating when the role of China in spreading the disease is considered.
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/chinas-devastating-lies/
From the Article: According to a New York Times study of cellphone data from China, 175,000 people leave Wuhan that day. According to global travel data research firm OAG, 21 countries have direct flights to Wuhan. In the first quarter of 2019 for comparison, 13,267 air passengers traveled from Wuhan, China, to destinations in the United States, or about 4,422 per month. The U.S. government would not bar foreign nationals who had traveled to China from entering the country for another month.
--------------
Call these whacky theories if you want, John. As for me, at my age and condition, I am taking every precaution, and, not as much as you might think, for myself, but more to avoid contracting the virus and spreading it to someone whose life is ahead of them.

Last edited by edshaw; 09/10/20 02:01 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Questions...

How many lost lives is a fair price to pay to keep us out of a depression?

For those promoting going back to normal, would you volunteer to be executed by lethal injection or any another method of your choice next week if your death would save the economy?

If not, do you feel it's fair to ask others to do that?

Do you want the children to go back to school, and when granny dies, know it was their fault and live with that guilt?

Since an estimated 1/3 of even young and asymptomatic people are ending up with permanent organ damage (heart, lung, kidney, brain) does the price of our future health care burden justify a premature opening?

When the gov't gives the upper 5% trillions of dollars in tax cuts is it wrong to spend trillions to keep the unemployed due to a shut down alive?

It's been revealed that Trump knew how severe this disease was from day one and intentionally downplayed it for 6 weeks telling us it was nothing to worry about, now we have 1/3 COVID cases and deaths in the entire world, and we certainly don't have 1/3 of the world's population. We don't even have 1/3 the population of China. Doesn't the responsibility of the price of relief fall squarely on his shoulders? Shouldn't he give his entire fortune up before asking anyone else to give up a dollar?

Why aren't we taxing the rich to save the economy? People like Bezos, Gates, Buffett and the rest of the upper 5% could lose 90% of their fortunes and it wouldn't affect their life style one bit. After all, without a working class who can afford to buy their products?

Why do we allow "news" outlets to give 'pants on fire' lies disguised as news and not have a big flashing "OPINION" banner over these stories. Shouldn't the public and the opposition be able to sue the 'news' for bald faced lies and after so many losses, have them lose their license? Free speech doesn't give you the right to bear false witness.

This goes to government as well. Shouldn't habitual liars be kicked out of office? Our governor fired the person running the COVID statistics in our state because she refused to 'fudge the figures' and drastically reduce the number of sick and dead. Didn't the wrong person get fired?

Shouldn't our leaders be fact checked and if caught intentionally trying to deceive the people who put them in office shouldn't they be fired? They are our employees and isn't that what a good boss does?

My sister-in-law almost died because she believed Trump's intentional lies and her son and his fiance were also in the hospital fighting for their lives.

Questions, just questions.

Insights and incites by Notes

Last edited by Notes Norton; 09/10/20 03:01 AM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Well said, Notes. Well said indeed!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
The official story now seems to be Chinese bio-weapon....

Yeah, and being spread by no less than former heads of the CIA and MI6, Mike Pompeo and Richard Dearlove.

The articles you linked don't actually say the idea that a "Chinese bio-weapon" is the "official story."

Richard Dearlove was the head of MI6 from 1999 to 2004. He offers his personal belief that the virus is a made in a laboratory. This goes against the British intelligence community, which has declared it not man-made. He's careful not to say it's a "bio-weapon":
Quote:
"I am not saying anything other than it was the result of an accident and that the virus is the consequence of gain-of-function experiments that were being conducted in Wuhan, which I don't think are particularly sinister."

The article also says the US intelligence community doesn't think a "Chinese bio-weapon" is the most likely explanation:
Quote:
The US intelligence community took the unusual step of releasing a statement to say it concurred with the consensus view that the disease was not man-made, but spies are investigating whether the virus might have been held in a laboratory and leaked accidentally.

Since the virus lacks markers that indicate that it was created in a laboratory, most scientists also consider "Chinese bio-weapon" as the unlikely explanation for the virus.

That's not to say that it's impossible that the virus is man-made, or that it can't be part of a Chinese bio-weapon program.

But the article doesn't support the conclusion that "Chinese bio-weapon" is the "official story" for the virus. In fact, it says the opposite.

The second article you cite gives a long list of lies that China gave about the Corona virus.

However, nowhere does it suggest that virus is a "Chinese bio-weapon".

That said (and most importantly): Thumbs up on looking out for others! Stay safe. laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I don’t know about your part of the world but here in my part of the world the incidence of common cold and flu has greatly reduced this year. They say that this is the effect of social distancing (including masks) and increased hygiene such as hand washing.

So it seems there are benefits in treating COVID with respect. Albeit I miss the freedom and carefree way of life.

My thoughts
Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Bob, that seems quite the didactic statement! I’m assuredly not prepared to “eat and like” the fact that my good friend very recently died of Covid-19 and that thousands upon thousands of other deaths are yet to come. I’m far from ignorant re the economic issues you articulated; however, I think that it needs to be always tempered by constant recognition and mention of the loss and suffering of so many victims -- and ways to mitigate that (I'm not implying you don't feel that way) it just seems to so often get lost when things turn to economics.

It doesn’t have to be all or none. The situation is IMO contextual. If we had nationwide "opening protocols" based on science (in lieu of 50 states left to improvise) the situation would be far better. My county has, per capita, the highest rate in my state. Should not openings, mask wearing, etc., be tempered by those data relative to a county with 1/10 the rate? Suggesting that w/o wholesale opening up we are economically going down the toilet appears to dismiss what has happened in other countries ... countries that didn't go into mass denial, took action, and in many (but not all cases) are now in infinitely better shape than the USA.

Bud

PS Apologies to all for the non-music related post!

I agree about contextual, but then you speak of nationwide protocols which I actually believe the CDC has provided. Our country runs a specific way and the States have a lot of power that the federal government does not or cannot infringe upon. Education is a state run enterprise with every state having different rules and requirements, a national plan doesn't make sense in a state like Wyoming with cases in the single digits each day compared to a state like California with thousands daily. Countries that did not shut down at all had no worse or better outcomes, generally speaking. Many studies recently have shown that the shutdowns have caused some much worse conditions and problems than the virus has, suicides spiking, domestic violence spiking etc.

Just an opinion no better or worse than anyone else's.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
Questions...
It's been revealed that Trump knew how severe this disease was from day one and intentionally downplayed it for 6 weeks telling us it was nothing to worry about, now we have 1/3 COVID cases and deaths in the entire world, and we certainly don't have 1/3 of the world's population. We don't even have 1/3 the population of China. Doesn't the responsibility of the price of relief fall squarely on his shoulders? Shouldn't he give his entire fortune up before asking anyone else to give up a dollar?

Dr. Anthony Fauci in response to a question about Trump's conduct at the beginning: “I didn't get any sense that he was distorting anything. I mean in my discussions with him, they were always straightforward about the concerns that we had. We related that to him. And when he would go out, I'd hear him discussing the same sort of things.”

Trump banned incoming flights from China on January 27, yet on February 24 Nancy Pelosi was seen in a video, since deleted from her Twitter account, encouraging people to visit San Francisco’s Chinatown for a New Year’s Celebration. No masks, no social distancing, no regard for the virus she now claims the president should have been doing something about at the very moment she stood in a crowd.

despite what the president may have known in January and February, the science behind social distancing and mask-wearing wasn’t being pushed at the time.

The World Health Organization declared the virus a global pandemic on March 11, and the president responded the next day by banning incoming flights from 26 European nations in an effort to slow the spread. Within a week we were all locked at home watching “Tiger King,” as part of a 15-day initiative to flatten the curve, give or take 180 days.

The problem with all of this is that many things stated on "news" programs are opinion, which was not always the case. Once people decided to make the whole thing political any idea of getting a straight answer about anything went out the window. Just yesterday every Senate democrat voted against the Senate's version of a stimulus bill. Why? Because it didn't include things that have nothing to do with stimulus or helping people. Nothing will ever get done at this rate.

Having said all that I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion, I served 20 years on the Navy in my way to try to defend that right. So don't take anything I have said here as an attack.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: etcjoe
Dr. Anthony Fauci in response to a question about Trump's conduct at the beginning: “I didn't get any sense that he was distorting anything. I mean in my discussions with him, they were always straightforward about the concerns that we had. We related that to him. And when he would go out, I'd hear him discussing the same sort of things.”

We all watched the VIDEO of day after day as Dr. Fauci had to phrase everything so carefully to keep from upsetting his boss while his boss kept downplaying the danger and suggesting incredibly stupid things like injecting bleach. Now we have audio recording of trump admitting he intentionally played down the danger while Americans DIED! Can you even imagine withholding reports of a hurricane because you don't want to panic people? This pandemic has already killed almost 200,000 Americans!

Quote:
Trump banned incoming flights from China on January 27

Another inconvenient FACT is that ban still allowed 40,000 people to travel here from China! They brought COVID in in great numbers.

Quote:
yet on February 24 Nancy Pelosi was seen in a video, since deleted from her Twitter account, encouraging people to visit San Francisco’s Chinatown for a New Year’s Celebration

Another FACT...Pelosi is not president!

Quote:
despite what the president may have known in January and February, the science behind social distancing and mask-wearing wasn’t being pushed at the time.

Another inconvenient fact...Yesterday he held a rally with thousands of unmasked people who were NOT social distancing!

Quote:
The problem with all of this is that many things stated on "news" programs are opinion, which was not always the case. Once people decided to make the whole thing political any idea of getting a straight answer about anything went out the window.

No, there are plenty of facts available but some are just too hard-headed to heed them! No doubt there has been a lot of political stuff but in 2020 it ceased to be political and instead is CRIMINAL as trump continues to let Americans die because he won't support a unified scientific approach to solving this problem.

Quote:
Just yesterday every Senate democrat voted against the Senate's version of a stimulus bill. Why? Because it didn't include things that have nothing to do with stimulus or helping people. Nothing will ever get done at this rate.

The rejected GOP "stimulus" bill cut out money for a second round of stimulus checks that were included in an earlier GOP proposal. And it doesn't offer new funding for cash-strapped states. Oh and Republican Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., voted with Democrats in opposing the bill The Dems passed a comprehensive bill in MAY but the senate refused to even vote on it!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I do have to say that I'm not at all surprised by the revelations in Woodward's book about trump lying about Covid from the beginning. If I found anything surprising it would be that anyone would believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

We've almost became numb to the lying since it's now expected on a daily basis about every subject. It's a sad time for our nation.

An international pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people, police brutality at unprecedented levels, race riots in the streets, peaceful protesters having tear gas and flash bangs used on them to move them back so trump can have a photo op in front of a church, our wounded and fallen veterans being called "losers and suckers", our Generals being called "babies and p*****s", our country taking a back seat to the world on climate change, etc.

We never would have tolerated this kind of behavior before from the oval office. Why are we tolerating all of this now?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
To start with, I'm a +50 year registered independent, moderate voter. I lean a little left on social issues and a little right on fiscal ones. I don't like either extreme.

I'm the swing voter both parties try to woo and I've criticized and/or applauded politicians from both sides of the divide.

I've posted these before and got a lot of flack.

Both FOX and MSNBC give over 50% lies. Don't believe either one. From Politifact, a Pulitzer prize fact checker that treats and/or trashes both left and right sides equally. They are simply fact checkers, not fake news agents or news agents of any kind.

Add the numbers up. Can you trust either FOX or MSNBC to tell you the truth?

Those who trash CNN and NPR need to wake up. You are the victims of fake news. I understand they disagree with FOX and MSNBC a lot, but remember FOX and MSNBC both lie a lot. CNN and NPR are quite reliable. They have the best truth scores.

Also from Politifact:

I believe nothing left of The Atlantic or right of The Hill. These two lean left and right but are basically reliable.

You can believe what you want, but if you choose to believe a source that feeds you over 50% lies, you are being played.

Originally Posted By: etcjoe
<...>Having said all that I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion, I served 20 years on the Navy in my way to try to defend that right. So don't take anything I have said here as an attack.

First of all, thank you for your service to our country. According to Trump are you a loser or a sucker?

My daughter and grand-daughter are both currently serving as is my son-in-law, they have done tours in the middle east combat zones and not one of them is a loser or sucker. They are patriots serving our country (without begging out due to ficticious heel spurs). My daughter and son-in-law are lifers.

I resent Trump's comments and his continued trashing of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and the Gold Star families. If Pelosi or Obama called service men or women losers, what would you say to that?

@edshaw Do you really think the Chinese would develop a bio-weapon and let it loose on their own population? I find that very hard to believe.

The fact is Trump lied for 6 weeks and mega-thousands of people died directly because of that. IMO that's mass murder. Meanwhile the politicians were adjusting their stock portfolios putting their financial gains in front of the lives of their constituents.

Trump lied, people died.

Trump was a super-spreader of this virus because he told us; not to wear masks, it's a hoax, it'll disappear by may, it's just the flu, and so on. Trump fired the pandemic team experts before the virus hit. Trump ignored the medical exports and instead told us to do stupid things like inject bleach into our veins. This is not what I think is presidential action.

Sorry to be so political, but this about the virus, and this was botched by the people in charge. I can't discuss it without being political.

I have no vendetta against either party, I have voted for Democrats, Republicans and 'third party' candidates in the past. The fact is this administration failed to protect the people they are responsible for protecting.

You can quote all the FOX talking points you like, but remember when FOX news pundits are fact checked, 60% of what they say ranges from "Mostly false" to "Pants On Fire" lies.

Seek the truth, not what supports your chosen candidate.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Everybody keep your damn politics to yourself. This is a music site not a political forum site.

Administrators please close and lock this thread.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,612
Posts735,111
Members38,516
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185