Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#614072 - 09/07/20 08:00 PM [User Showcase] Together again (jazz funk/fusion)
Loc: Sunny Florida :)
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Hi all!

You've all been so welcoming and encouragin when I posted my 1st song ("Light worker") that you made me feel more comfortable sharing this 2nd song I have composed and just published on Soundcloud.

I used BIAB for the backing track :

Styles : Icepop.sty and a bit of Sputter.sty & Stutter.sty

I used MTT drums to give some more colors and variations for some fills.

I play all the guitars (funky rythms, lead & solo).

It starts as a jazz funk tune and then goes more into fusion when the solo comes.

Programs used :
- Reaper + Valallah reverb + OTT + Ozone 9
- THU for the guitar sounds

Hope you will like it.

[Link no longer valid]

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (02/02/21 03:39 PM)

#614087 - 09/07/20 09:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Impressive melodic playing and a well produced instrumental.

Nice work.

Peter

#614089 - 09/07/20 09:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Thank you so much PeterF! This touches me even more that contrary to most of the members here I don't sing, therefore what I post are instrumentals only, and I feel a bit "off topic" because of that.

Thank you for your support!

#614107 - 09/08/20 04:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
The way the bass/kick drum seems to spread across the sound stage is a bit weird and robs the song of a little low end propulsion.
Your playing is really cool..
I'm not sure if the lead part over the breakdown really worked...something more linear would have drawn me to the next section better.
Ah, but that's me.
the delay & reverb on the guitar is very Santana.
I really like your rhythm guitar.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#614120 - 09/08/20 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: rayc]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: rayc
The way the bass/kick drum seems to spread across the sound stage is a bit weird and robs the song of a little low end propulsion.
Your playing is really cool..
I'm not sure if the lead part over the breakdown really worked...something more linear would have drawn me to the next section better.
Ah, but that's me.
the delay & reverb on the guitar is very Santana.
I really like your rhythm guitar.

Hi friend!

Thank you for your feedback. Since I'm not an English native speaker I'm not too sure about what your 1st sentence means. For your information I have another mixed version which focus more on high end, maybe this is what you were talking about. I hesitated between the mix 1 on Soundcloud and the mix 2 on Youtube (the more high end mix). This version can be found here (maybe it won't change what you meant but just in case here it is) :

Thank you for your nice words about my playing and the rythm guitars, that's very nice of you smile

As about the bridge moment (I presume you are refering to the 1 minute 50 secs moment), well... as you said, it is very person dependant. I'm a jazz fusion player and I grew musically listening to Allan Holdsworth, Scott Henderson/Tribal Tech, and Frank Gambale. So my ears are accustomed to those things smile

Thanks again for your feedback, I'm just relearning the guitar and I am learning producing (this is just my 2nd attempt producing a whole song, so I guess I have a lot of room for improvement) smile

#614129 - 09/08/20 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A good listen.

Nice guitars. A pleasant melody. I liked the change up at the solo - it kept my interest - well played.

A good mix.

I enjoyed it.

fj

#614171 - 09/08/20 11:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: floyd jane]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A good listen.

Nice guitars. A pleasant melody. I liked the change up at the solo - it kept my interest - well played.

A good mix.

I enjoyed it.

fj

Thank you so much Floyd! You are so much more experienced than me so your words really encourage me !

#614175 - 09/08/20 12:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Cool playing and we like that Santana like tone.

The funk vibe really added to it.

Well done!

J&B

#614258 - 09/08/20 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Cool playing and we like that Santana like tone.

The funk vibe really added to it.

Well done!

J&B

Thank you to both of you!

#614262 - 09/08/20 08:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hello!

I'm a big fan of Jazz and this one really caught my attention. Loved that short fusion riff at about 1:45 - 1:50. All the guitar parts are excellent. For most of my modern jazz pieces ... and all things George Benson - like ... I use echo/delay quite a bit on the lead guitar.

Thew drums and bass set a real nice rhythm bed for everything else.

I enjoyed this a lot ... thanks for posting it for us. Best to you. be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#614302 - 09/09/20 06:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Al-David]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hello!

I'm a big fan of Jazz and this one really caught my attention. Loved that short fusion riff at about 1:45 - 1:50. All the guitar parts are excellent. For most of my modern jazz pieces ... and all things George Benson - like ... I use echo/delay quite a bit on the lead guitar.

Thew drums and bass set a real nice rhythm bed for everything else.

I enjoyed this a lot ... thanks for posting it for us. Best to you. be safe ...

Alan

Thank you so much Alan for your very nice words which touch my heart. I'm so happy that you enjoyed this tune! And it's always a pleasure for me to interact with another jazz lover! Thanks!

#614329 - 09/09/20 11:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Alabama
cliftond Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Alabama
Excellent song, brilliant guitar work on this !!! Cliff

#614373 - 09/09/20 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: cliftond]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: cliftond
Excellent song, brilliant guitar work on this !!! Cliff

Thank you so much! To be honest, it wasn't a smooth ride to get the guitar how it is on the tune (especially the solo part) after such a long break ! Thanks again for your support!

#614378 - 09/09/20 07:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Very nice groove! I really liked listening... thanks for sharing!

Will

#614381 - 09/09/20 08:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Melodic playing - kept me listening all the way through. Good arrangement as well.

Don't even think twice about not having vocals - more instrumentals, please! laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#614389 - 09/09/20 10:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Chris Dent Offline
Apprentice

Another very nice piece. Great guitar playing and tone...

Who needs vocals when the guitar says it all? :-)

#614561 - 09/11/20 07:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Chris Dent]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very nice groove! I really liked listening... thanks for sharing!

Will

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Melodic playing - kept me listening all the way through. Good arrangement as well.

Don't even think twice about not having vocals - more instrumentals, please! laugh

Originally Posted By: Chris Dent
Another very nice piece. Great guitar playing and tone...

Who needs vocals when the guitar says it all? :-)

Thank you guys! Yeah I was feeling like the black sheep posting instrumentals. I feel better now, thanks!

#614717 - 09/12/20 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
F.M.M. Offline
Veteran

very engaging like the phrasing and solo great job hope to here more from you thanks Eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#614773 - 09/12/20 06:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: Angelomusic]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
More stellar work from you! I wasn't sure about the break at 1:45 but it's growing on me with repeated listenings. Yeah, I can't sing either, good thing there are options here for it. Very good work!

#614817 - 09/13/20 06:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Together again (jazz funk/fusion) [Re: TuneMonger]
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
very engaging like the phrasing and solo great job hope to here more from you thanks Eric

Thank you so much Eric!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
More stellar work from you! I wasn't sure about the break at 1:45 but it's growing on me with repeated listenings. Yeah, I can't sing either, good thing there are options here for it. Very good work!

Thank you very much! I understand that the break can be surprising at 1st. This is pure fusionish lick and not everyone is used to those things. I'm glad that with time this break grew on you. Thank you for your nice words and support!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows DAW Plugin 4.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin, including a new Chord Settings dialog (with Chord Builder, Chord Theory, and MicroChords tabs), the MicroChords feature (the ability to enter multiple chords per beat, four pages for a total of 32 tracks (8 style tracks, 16 utility tracks, and 8 multi-riff tracks) plus a Style Mix track, the ability to drag MIDI chords and markers to DAW, volume sliders for each track, the ability to save/load chord progression, and much more!

The newest DAW Plugin is included in all Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows purchases - and Upgrades are on sale this month... up to 50% off!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows DAW Plugin 4.0.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

We've made a great tutorial feature for 7 of the 10 major features of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.
(the other 3 drum stems, track settings, and ReMix Vocal Songs will be covered in "Boot Camp, part 2/2" - coming soon!)

Here is Part 1/2: Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

Table of Contents:
All Tracks are Equal 00:50
Playable RealTracks 9:00
MultiRiff 24:35
MicroChords 38:24
Motifs 48:51
Volume Node Automation 51:18

Coming soon in part 2:
Drum stems
Track Settings "One-Stop-Shop"
ReMix Vocal Full Songs
222 new RealTracks
1-Click Downloader/Installer

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

Forum Stats
35221 Members
63 Forums
71791 Topics
625439 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
agen slot online, gunyalizop, N67, sjk, ninebelow0

35221 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 466
Matt Finley 254