You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#615651 - 09/18/20 07:29 PM [User Showcase] New Version Of Moony
Loc: Miami, Florida
Planobilly Offline
Expert

After a considerable amount of re-thinking everything and listening to what everyone said, this is what I came up with.

Floyd Jane found a BIAB drum line and mixed the vocal and acoustic guitars. I redid the electric guitar part and cut the 16 bar solo to 8 bars.

There were some things I don't know how to fix. The beginning of the vocal is a bit overdriven. That is what happens when a hardware compressor and limiter is not put between the microphone and the board and the vocalist gets a little to loud.

I learned a lot of stuff making this. Thanks Floyd and everyone who commented and helped.

https://soundcloud.com/planobilly/mooney

#615668 - 09/19/20 12:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Version Of Moony [Re: Planobilly]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
TASTY!
I'm "conflicted": the aggressive guitar sticks out and is great...I like where it is BUT I suspect many folk would rather it tucked in or softened with reverb a little.
I think the fiddle was a little forward.
Your vocal sits IN the mix and I like it like that...I can hear, comprehend and enjoy it without it floating on top.
I's have liked a couple of verses more to be honest...the story is as good as the telling.
NICE ONE!
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#615676 - 09/19/20 01:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Version Of Moony [Re: Planobilly]
Derochette Offline
Journeyman

Hello PianoBilly,

It is a composition pretty to the ear by this series of chords. The voice is well integrated. It is rare to keep it on the outro and it is the charm of this construction.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

#615684 - 09/19/20 05:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Version Of Moony [Re: Planobilly]
Planobilly Offline
Expert

Hi Rayc,

I too am ambivalent about the Telecaster guitar track for two reasons. One, it makes the vocal less important and two, it pushes the song more toward country than Americana to my mind.

On the other hand, the subject matter is pretty intense. I have been taken to task on several occasions for lyrics that are less than politically correct, especially in the context of mental illness.

Thanks for commenting.

Billy

#615685 - 09/19/20 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Version Of Moony [Re: Planobilly]
Planobilly Offline
Expert

Dero13...thanks for the kind words.

The outro was more or less an accident to start with. Then I decided I actually liked it. Any sort of fade out for me only happens on recorded songs. It is pretty rare for me to fade a song playing live.

Billy

#615692 - 09/19/20 06:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Version Of Moony [Re: Planobilly]
Gary Weder Offline
Apprentice

Nice

Edited by Gary Weder (09/19/20 04:32 PM)

#616230 - 09/23/20 09:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Version Of Moony [Re: Planobilly]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
I like it!
I can imagine this being a hit.

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/captainmoto/on-the-brink

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Polish for Windows is Here!

Efektem naszej ciężkiej pracy w ostatnim czasie jest m.in. dodanie 80 nowych funkcji i wspaniałej kolekcji nowych dodatków i zawartości, które obejmują 202 RealTracks, nowe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Studia Instrumentalne, Wykonania Artystów, dodatkowe RealDrums "Pojedyncze ", transkrypcje RealDrums, pakiet MultiStyles PAK 1, Pakiet Xtra Styles PAK 10 i wiele innych!

Nowych | Pakiety

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Dutch for Windows is Here!

We zijn bezig geweest en hebben 80 nieuwe functies toegevoegd en een verbazingwekkende collectie van nieuwe inhoud, inclusief 202 RealTracks, nieuwe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumentale Studies, Artiest Uitvoeringen, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums transcripties, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Stijlen PAK 10 en meer!

Nieuwe Functies | Pakketten

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Danish for Windows is Here!

Vi har haft travlt, og har tilføjet 80 nye funktioner og en fantastisk samling af nyt indhold, bl.a. 202 RealTracks, nye RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transsriptioner, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 og meget mere!

Hvan er Nyt | Pakker

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

The latest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 update for Windows enhances the JukeBox, adds a "Set all tracks to this:" option to the MIDI import dialog, improves chord sheet view during playback, and more!

Learn more & download this free update.

Read the patch announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Swedish for Windows is Here!

Vi har varit flitiga och lagt till över 80 nya funktioner och en fantastisk samling av nytt innehåll, innefattande 202 RealTracks, nya RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, med mera!

Paket | Vad är nytt

Forum Stats
34270 Members
67 Forums
69153 Topics
593899 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
kevin malone, digitalwaiter, markku, Terre, Stiobard

34269 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 197