Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#615738 - 09/19/20 12:23 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: WV, USA
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Eddie,

Why not go ahead and bite the bullet and get one of those Fender Acoustasonics?

You know you want one. LOL

#615754 - 09/19/20 03:00 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: Derry,Ireland
musiclover Online   happy
Expert

Maybe you want something like a Gibson ES 335 copy but probably won't get much of a sound out of it unplugged, Did you mention a body depth of just 2 inches or is that in my imagination, I know my Washburn is more than that but still very comfortable to hold, and sound is loud enough unplugged.

Here is a Washburn comfort guitar, not the one I have though.

Washburn comfort guitar

I bought a few guitars on Amazon, keeping an eye on them over a few months I bite the bullet when they reached the price I could afford, though their packaging is terrible just the guitar in its cardboard box, no bubble wrap whatsoever, one came damaged.

But the price was right and I took the chance, so happy enough.

Edited by musiclover (09/19/20 03:08 PM)

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2020, and Cubase elements 10

#615762 - 09/19/20 04:08 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Loc: Akron, Oh
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Bob, once my home refi is done and I don't have to worry about credit card balances, my perspective will change. At that point I might go ahead and buy that one. Or the Chet Atkins model Epiphone makes. Sadly I doubt if having a Chet Atkins guitar will make me play like Chet Atkins. He is either at or near the top of almost every "best ever" discussion. Man, he was smooth. The Godin is also in the running. VERY thin body at 2 inches. Buying a thinner guitar is WAY faster and easier than making a thinner me.

#616047 - 09/21/20 03:47 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

#616049 - 09/21/20 04:03 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

You mentioned Godin, but have you looked at any Seagull/Art & Lutherie/Simon & Patrick? It's all the same company - they're all Godin products and made in the same factory. They make some "Folk" guitars, which are a smaller body and very comfortable to play.

Yamaha makes the APX series, they can also be very good in the smaller guitar range.

Going up in price, my favourite was a mahogany Taylor GS Mini that I owned for a while and is to date the only guitar I regret selling. Absolutely worth every penny.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Buying a thinner guitar is WAY faster and easier than making a thinner me.

Truth!

Edited by Simon - PG Music (09/21/20 04:04 PM)

#616057 - 09/21/20 05:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

I am most interested in finding the thinnest guitar made on the planet. I had an Epiphone Dot once that was very thin, like 2 inches, but the 335 body shape was awkward for my short arms. That Godin that looks like a Strat is a really nice playing guitar. I'll look into all of them when it's close to time to get serious about it.

#616058 - 09/21/20 05:46 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

#616059 - 09/21/20 06:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Another possibility would be this one:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_benton_custom_line_nashville_steel.htm

I've never seen or played either of these so I'm not giving a personal recommendation. It's just a familiarity with the brand.

#616060 - 09/21/20 06:06 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Oh wow!! Bookmarked and quite likely the winner!!! THAT is how thin I want it. I don't know how I missed that when I looked at their pages.

#616062 - 09/21/20 06:30 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Eddie,

The best way to search through the Harley Benton's is to bookmark this page and then select a category;

https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_benton.html

#616067 - 09/21/20 06:42 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

For what it's worth, I have 3 HB's and my son has 1.

If I don't croak before then and remain mobile, I will buy more guitars from them.

#616165 - 09/22/20 05:02 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
rockstar_not Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
I have been having fun playing 3/4 scale acoustics but it does cramp your fretting hand a bit. There’s also that Yamaha that was just the outline of a guitar body. Can’t remember what those were called.

#616291 - 09/23/20 02:15 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
Loc: UK
Bob Calver Offline
Expert

Loc: UK
long before we could buy strats or teles in the uk, hofner was a european maker and the verithin was their flagship

https://reverb.com/uk/item/34632451-hofn...AyABEgL_2PD_BwE

Incidentally the originals were spelt 'verithin' whereas modern reissues are 'verythin'

Edited by Bob Calver (09/23/20 02:31 PM)

#616299 - 09/23/20 03:31 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Lots of great suggestions here, but that thin body requirement is steering me toward the Harley Benton. The 3 7/8 deep guitars is pretty much what I have now with the Applause, and I can't play it. The 2 inch deep acoustic (since I will NEVER play it acoustic only anyhow) seems like the deal for me. Thanks to the ol' flatpicker for steering me toward it. The first time through the HB web page I didn't even see it.

#617451 - 10/01/20 05:19 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

#617456 - 10/01/20 06:29 PM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

If it would make me sound like THAT guy, sure!!

I am pretty convinced to get the one that looks like a Strat. I like the "Godin" look of it. May order it as soon as next week. Then another month and on to the Jazzmaster.

#617494 - 10/02/20 04:29 AM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: eddie1261]
musiclover Online   happy
Expert

Its strange really how the shape of a guitar can put a person off it. I never really liked the look of the Les Paul or Strat, but the ES335 or Tele I do.

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2020, and Cubase elements 10

#617496 - 10/02/20 04:51 AM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: musiclover]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musiclover
Its strange really how the shape of a guitar can put a person off it. I never really liked the look of the Les Paul or Strat, but the ES335 or Tele I do.

I like the look of all of them but the Les Paul is one of the most uncomfortable guitars I've ever played. The balance is way off for me.

The Strat is easily the most comfortable guitar I've played.

Edited by bobcflatpicker (10/02/20 04:58 AM)

#617507 - 10/02/20 06:22 AM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: bobcflatpicker]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Originally Posted By: musiclover

I like the look of all of them but the Les Paul is one of the most uncomfortable guitars I've ever played. The balance is way off for me.

The Strat is easily the most comfortable guitar I've played.

I agree that some of the really odd shaped guitars turn me off.

I also agree that the LP is very uncomfortable guitars to play.

The most comfortable guitar that I have ever played was my Fender Jaguar with its off-set waist. My Casio Strat MIDI controller has the same configuration as does my Tele copy, and both of my bass guitars.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#617513 - 10/02/20 07:06 AM [Off-Topic] Re: guitar recommendations [Re: MarioD]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I agree that some of the really odd shaped guitars turn me off.

I also agree that the LP is very uncomfortable guitars to play.

The most comfortable guitar that I have ever played was my Fender Jaguar with its off-set waist. My Casio Strat MIDI controller has the same configuration as does my Tele copy, and both of my bass guitars.

I've never played a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster. I do love Tele's though.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Upgrading to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 is Easy!

Did you know... anyone who has owned a previous version of Band-in-a-Box® is entitle to upgrade pricing - you do not need to have your old version installed!

Maybe you used to own the Windows version, but you now have a Mac... that's not a problem either!
(or if you owned the Mac version, and now you have a Windows computer)

In both cases, you would purchase from the "Upgrade from 2018 or earlier or crossgrade" row here for a new Mac version, or here if you want the newest Windows version. Just need to upgrade your 2019 version? Use the "Upgrade from 2019/2020" row.

When you purchase your upgrade from either of these rows, you will receive a complete installation - just follow the steps of the setup, and your Band-in-a-Box® will be ready to use!

PG Music Inc. shopping cart accounts were not required to purchase from our website prior to October 29, 2014. With that in mind, you may have to create an account in order to upgrade - that's OK! You'll still be entitled to upgrade pricing.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Mac is Here!

Ci sono oltre 50 nuove funzionalità in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Ci sono miglioramenti ai RealTracks (RealTracks vocali dal suono più fluido, Ispessimento RealTracks, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" e MultiRiffs). La maggior parte dei RealDrums ora hanno RealCharts (con un'accurata Notazione di Batteria). C'è un nuovo Browser dell'artista RealTracks per trovare informazioni /bios/collegamenti/ elenchi di RealTracks su tutti gli artisti. Un nuovo Browser delle Funzionalità consente all'utente nuovo o "smemorato" di trovare e utilizzare facilmente la maggior parte delle funzionalità/tasti di scelta rapida/documenti da un'unica finestra. Equalizza Tempo consente di cambiare una canzone registrata in rubato in un tempo fisso. Stiramento del tempo/tono dell'audio migliorato (Elastique) incluso. Ci sono miglioramenti di SongPicker, Auto-Intro di Basso/Batteria o Batteria solo, 3.400 titoli aggiunti, miglioramenti di MusicXML, chitarra "per mancini" e "Vista Studente", miglioramenti del trascinamento della selezione, visualizzazione multi-finestra dell’analizzatore degli accordi audio e altro ancora!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO!!

Forum Stats
33250 Members
67 Forums
66279 Topics
568061 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
haba16, BillyBeard, john2020, SXR, ariji

33249 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 242