Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#618324 10/08/20 03:35 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Pink Lemonade

Yeah, I know ... the titles to some of my instrumentals are pretty crappy!

What follows might be more than you want to know about my putting this song together, but for those interested, here goes:

I selected the Style from the Style picker and then replaced the drums, bass, and added the lead guitar. The chord progression and arrangement were my original doing. But the really hard - well, time-consuming - part, was the lead guitar. I worked for several hours getting the echo-chorus delay feedback to totally fill one bar/measure but not bleed into the next bar/measure. Also getting the very slight amount of phase I applied to drift across the horizontal spectrum (right to left) such that it did so in the time frame of a single bar/measure and then renew at the beginning of the subsequent bar/ measure took quite a bit of time. That was very tedious! But, I was pleased with the result.

Also, I attempted to get that signature tone of a Fender Strat on the lead guitar. I think I came pretty close. I did a lot of playing around with the EQ to get as close as I was able.

File:Pink Lemonade.SGU

Key=Gm , Tempo 90, Length (m:s)=3:33

Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style is _JAZRAMP.STY (Slow Amplitube Jazz Rock w Solo)

RealTracks in style: 909:Bass, Electric, SmoothPoppy Ev16 090
RealTracks in style: 913:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothPoppy dry Ev16 090
RealTracks in style: 1402:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul70sWarmSync Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 2603:Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzRock16thsJon Ev16 090
RealDrums [in Song:JazzFunkGroovin-1-HHSdStk,HHSnr [Multi]

Last edited by Al-David; 10/08/20 03:45 AM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Al-David #618347 10/08/20 06:42 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Alan.. I know virtually nothing about the guitar characteristics that you're describing, but I enjoyed this track and I think I can get a sense of the challenge you were facing with the bleed over bar to bar. Really good work, and a very pleasant listen!

Al-David #618405 10/08/20 10:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

Very cool indeed! Your hard work paid off I think. What plugin did you use to do the echo delay?

Your instrumentals are always top notch, very much enjoyed the listen.

Al-David #618450 10/09/20 08:20 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Hello Al-David,

The reverb effect on the guitar is nice to amplify certain tones. The very punky rhythm and the arrangement form an ideal ensemble in an intimate evening. Well done.

Kindly regard
Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Al-David #618536 10/10/20 04:37 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

My rubber stamp comment: YOU ARE SO GOOD AT THIS!!

A gorgeous instrumental (Deb just said to tell you she loved it!)

This - like so many of your instrumentals - sounds like it could be a radio hit - in the George Benson or Chuck Mangione way...

Great job on the guitar delay/echo.

I thought the snare was just slightly louder than it should be - distracting from the guitar melody line just a little.

Great listen.

fj

Al-David #618548 10/10/20 05:49 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Alan, I'm useless at the technicalities of these things, but all I know is that I put down everything I was doing when this track started, and I listened to the end without a break in concentration. Loved it. Brilliant. Full stop.

Al-David #618567 10/10/20 09:13 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Pretty cool!
Sounds like all your work paid off!
Guitar dances across the mix with good definition and lots of movement.
Well done.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Hi Alan.. I know virtually nothing about the guitar characteristics that you're describing, but I enjoyed this track and I think I can get a sense of the challenge you were facing with the bleed over bar to bar. Really good work, and a very pleasant listen!

Hi Tano ...

Thank you so much! It matters little that others understand the "deep thinking" of the behind the scenes stuff ... just that they might enjoy the finished product. I'm delighted you enjoyed this effort. I appreciate you letting me know - thanks for the listen!

Wishing you & yours well. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Alan,

Very cool indeed! Your hard work paid off I think. What plugin did you use to do the echo delay?

Your instrumentals are always top notch, very much enjoyed the listen.

Hi Dave ...

Thanks for verifying the intended results of my efforts. I'm delighted you enjoyed it.

I only use what's available in the BIAB toolbox and the minor adjustments I can make in Audacity. I use no third party sources other than Audacity. For the echo/delay and phase, I use the tools/effects indigenous to BIAB under "Bar Settings" and on rare occasions, "Song Settings". That's it. No DAW, no external VSTs, loops. etc. It's all BIAB and whatever talent I have regarding that great program.

Many thanks! Wishing you well. Take care ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Dero13
Hello Al-David,

The reverb effect on the guitar is nice to amplify certain tones. The very punky rhythm and the arrangement form an ideal ensemble in an intimate evening. Well done.

Kindly regard
Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

Good Afternoon, Dero ...

Thank you very much for your most kind comments. It's a really nice and humbling feeling when musical colleagues appreciate one's efforts. Thank you for letting me know!

Wishing you the very best. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

My rubber stamp comment: YOU ARE SO GOOD AT THIS!!

A gorgeous instrumental (Deb just said to tell you she loved it!)

This - like so many of your instrumentals - sounds like it could be a radio hit - in the George Benson or Chuck Mangione way...

Great job on the guitar delay/echo.

I thought the snare was just slightly louder than it should be - distracting from the guitar melody line just a little.

Great listen.

fj

Hello Floyd ...

First, please tell Deb I said "Hi!" and that I appreciate her input!!!

And yeah, that delay/echo thing consumed over half the time I put into the "assembly" of this particular piece. I have to say I was very pleased with the final outcome. Thanks for mentioning it.

I debated where to put that snare in the depth of the mix. I think I got a little lazy with that. I wanted the sidestick to be adequately prominent in the verses. But when it came time for the chorus to start, I should have made a simple adjustment to the volume of the drums during the choruses. Also, I could have cut back a bit on the higher EQ of the drums at that times. As soon as I get a chance, I'll do that. Thanks for the observation.

I think you already know I'm a big fan of George Benson, Wes Montgomery and Ken Navarro, so that was a nice compliment. And Chuck Mangione can make a trumpet or flugelhorn talk in several languages! Always liked hi Pop-Jazz style of music.

Again, thank you very much! I have dozens of partially finished songs somewhat similar to what I've been posting the last year or so. DI's health issues, my commitments to my book publisher also come into play in the available time arena. I'm currently working on 4 novels, two of which need to bee finished by the end of January and the other two my sometime in May/ That will make 9 published novels!

Best to you and yours. Take care and please be safe ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Alan, I'm useless at the technicalities of these things, but all I know is that I put down everything I was doing when this track started, and I listened to the end without a break in concentration. Loved it. Brilliant. Full stop.

Hello James ...

Thank you so much for your very kind words! I always appreciate your input and comments. It's nice to hear the song "hijacked' you from other activities for a few minutes! What more could a composer ask for?

When it comes to guitar stuff, I'm pretty much on top of it. After that, my music skills suffer. But, I have a heck of a time doing what I can!

Again, thank you! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Pretty cool!
Sounds like all your work paid off!
Guitar dances across the mix with good definition and lots of movement.
Well done.

Howdy, Cap'n ...

I love your comments! You covered almost everything I had attempted to accomplish. Thank you so much! I'm happy you enjoyed your listen!

Wishing you the very best. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

Al-David #618650 10/11/20 03:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan, nothing wrong with this one, even including the title. Evocative, enticing, interesting.

The drink might have added a dash of something, perhaps.

But the song needed nothing. It filled every part of the glass perfectly.

Nicely done.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Al-David #618657 10/11/20 04:29 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I pressed Play and thought, 'Hey, man, what's going on with that cool guitar?'

Then I bounced back to your post, 'Oh, that's what's going on with that cool guitar!'

And then I scrolled and read,

"It's all BIAB and whatever talent I have regarding that great program."

Alan, your talent - and skill - is obvious and I enjoyed the feel-good listen:)

Take care.

Al-David #618674 10/11/20 06:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,
That guitar delay effect really spirals around between my ears; its all smooth and very well produced.

Robert

Al-David #618759 10/11/20 09:43 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

The punky rhythm is so nice.
The guitar delay effect really fits this tune.
The chord progression is wonderful as usual.

By the way, does this pink lemonade contain alcohol?
For me, I definitely want to mix gin to it and drink it by the poolside during the summer daytime.
Of course, at that time, while playing this tune.

Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Al-David #618762 10/11/20 10:36 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I think you did a good job getting a strat thing. the delays sit REALLY well.
Good work across the entire piece.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Alan, nothing wrong with this one, even including the title. Evocative, enticing, interesting.

The drink might have added a dash of something, perhaps.

But the song needed nothing. It filled every part of the glass perfectly.

Nicely done.

Hi VT ...

Thanks so much! I'm glad it fills the glass appropriately. And a little extra "spice" in the drink can sometimes be the perfect call. Hope this one has enough of that "spice"! Again, thank you.

Take care and be safe ...

Alan

olemon #618811 10/12/20 07:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: olemon
I pressed Play and thought, 'Hey, man, what's going on with that cool guitar?'

Then I bounced back to your post, 'Oh, that's what's going on with that cool guitar!'

And then I scrolled and read,

"It's all BIAB and whatever talent I have regarding that great program."

Alan, your talent - and skill - is obvious and I enjoyed the feel-good listen:)

Take care.

Hi Scott ...

I'm delighted you enjoyed your listen. The ideas for most of my instrumentals just come from who knows where and I usually follow the muse's lead ... wherever she takes me. Sometimes she lead me to some interesting place!

Many thanks for the listen and the very nice comments. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,499
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195