Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
J&B and Scott,

Smoking—I mean paper on fire smoking—in all respects . . . just killer start to finish. And oh, the slick back up voc. Wow—just top, top notch.

My very humble regards,

Deej

Thanks DJ. We very much appreciate your comments. Always.

Take care,

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
It's good to see so many Cream fans (and maybe a few converts). Thanks for the comments on the guitar parts,hopefully there was enough "Clapton" in them to give an authentic period feel.
Once again thanks to Bud & Janice for inviting me to play.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Chris Dent
Another great song. I can really hear the Cream influence. I still have my vinyl copy of Disraeli Gears.

Hey, cool that you have that! Mine may be in the basement somewhere in stacks of vinyl. Glad you liked it. Thanks!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Well, I loved it. I don't get ANY of the musical references y'all get, I wasn't brought up round that particular neck of the woods, haha ;-) ... but the sizzle of the song is unmistakeable anywhere, with any musical upbringing. Great job - superb production as always, superb writing as always, superb singing as always. Another top-notch production from the Janice, Bud, Peter crew :-) Well done!

Come on now ... they were a British band smile

Glad you liked it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, Bud and Peter,

I thought it was a very elaborate sound.
It's not enough to mention the greatness of singing and playing, it's really great that there are various gimmicks in the sound.
I think the bass effect (the bass RT with some overdrive, tape sat and vintage compression) in particular gives this song a very unique feel.
It's a wonderful "response" song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wonderful job recreating rock royalty, and what a lot of work it must have been to do. Brought me back to my high school days, minus the reefer. The Slowhand impression was amazing! Listened over and over, couldn't get enough!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Love the bluesy but sassy feel of this song. You guys did a nice take on this one.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Creamy, indeed. Great concept and wonderful execution by all concerned. Who would expect anything else?
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
You nailed the Cream sound, no doubt. Great bluesy vocals. Nice touch with the background singers. Outstanding lead guitar. I love it. Top notch arrangement. Congratulations to all. Great recording.

Thanks, glad you felt we captured that vibe. Yep Peter did a fine job with the guitars. And Janice had fun with the BGVs for sure!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I can't speak to the authenticity, as it was before my time... something I can say less and less often these days, so thanks for that! wink

But I can recognize good blues when I hear it... and that's what I heard. laugh

Thanks David. Glad you heard it as good blues. All it takes!

J&B

User Showcase
E
Journeyman
Journeyman
E
Chills! This song just grabbed me from the first guitar lick and never let go. Wow - just wow. You really knocked this one out of the park. I felt like I was transported back in time to a small club where the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton would hang out in their early days. This is just soooo good.

Going back for another listen! wink

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
J&B and Co.,
Excellent vintage crunchy, fuzzy blues tune! Everything very cool! Guitars are so different and SO GOOD! Peter, big thumbs up! Janice is a queen of the show for sure! Bud, you need to start selling master class videos on production., would love to see you in action. You done great! Congrats team on another gem!

P.S. I finally have a small suggestion or opinion on your tune if I may. Instrumentals and mix has very authentic vintage feel, but vocals have a bit modern (clean) tone. I wonder how it would sound if to add some tube emulator to vocals, even if it will sound somewhat hot/distorted. Could be fun. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Misha, your comments are HUGELY appreciated. Every word. Thanks for mentioning the vintage vibe and I have to assure you that seeing me in action would be mostly me twisting a few virtual knobs and then calling Janice to come and listen and tell me what she thinks! smile

Interestingly what I had thought would be my final mix had a grittier vocal that we both liked. We moved on to what will be our next post and I liked the different tweaks I put on the vocal to the extent that I revisited this song and changed the effects to what I had discovered. So you are right on the money regarding the notion that it could be grittier. Now I wish I’d retained the original!

Thanks again,

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Oh yeah...the lady got her say. It was nice of you gentlemen to provide such a killer band and mix for her to wail over. Heck, one of you even wrote her lines. Now THAT'S love and understanding...or at least a bit of fear. Respects.

Thanks for the fun review! Got Bud cowering around the house smile

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Wow, after reading all the posts on this excellent song, I was thinking what to say that hasn't been said yet.
I am afraid that's impossible, though! It is such a good song, so well sung and performed and with that very cool leadguitar from Peter.
Oh, let me not forget to mention the lyrics. Now I know the meaning of a 'back burner' (and a 'helix'for the Les Paul).

Thanks for this song, Janice, Bud and Peter,
Hans

Thanks Hans, we always appreciate you listening and commenting!

J&B

Originally Posted By: jannesan
I normally would skip this type of blues song if heard on the radio, I'm not a fan of Cream... but this is a magnificient exception. Nice backstory. Everything sounds amazing, the mix and all the effects on the guitar and the bass... just screaming the highest quality. Peter's playing is the backbone of the track and so good that I thought Peter has to be a pseudonym for some of the greatest rock guitarist on Earth smile And on top of this is the real cream: Janice's voice brings the traditional blues lyrics very much alive.

Janne

Thanks Janne. We appreciate your time especially given this isn’t your favorite genre!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Janice, Bud and Peter,

I thought it was a very elaborate sound.
It's not enough to mention the greatness of singing and playing, it's really great that there are various gimmicks in the sound.
I think the bass effect (the bass RT with some overdrive, tape sat and vintage compression) in particular gives this song a very unique feel.
It's a wonderful "response" song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki. Great to hear from you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wonderful job recreating rock royalty, and what a lot of work it must have been to do. Brought me back to my high school days, minus the reefer. The Slowhand impression was amazing! Listened over and over, couldn't get enough!

Thanks a LOT. No doubt Peter smiled at the Slowhand reference! We appreciate it all.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Love the bluesy but sassy feel of this song. You guys did a nice take on this one.

Thanks Donna! It was a fun project.

J&B

Originally Posted By: EdZ314
Chills! This song just grabbed me from the first guitar lick and never let go. Wow - just wow. You really knocked this one out of the park. I felt like I was transported back in time to a small club where the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton would hang out in their early days. This is just soooo good.

Going back for another listen! wink

Ed, that time transport was exactly what our objective was! Thanks for listening and mentioning that.

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,494
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195