Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TexasFrets
Lovely song. Great arrangement and beautiful vocals.

Thanks, Todd!!

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, I love your vocal on this! You are doing something different with the processing I think than you normally use? Sounds fabulous.

Drums sound great, the kick is right where it should be, toms and snare too; you get more out of realdrums than most.

I also like the strings, cool that you did that via midi controller. I really need to learn about midi one of these days wink

And of course great writing too!

Really enjoyed this one, floyd, listened a few times.

I appreciate all of that, Dave.

The vocal processing is actually my "old" setup. It was recorded using an Aphex 107 pre-amp and then run through an Alesis 3630 compressor. Then added Studio One plugins - EQ, compressor, reverb, delay. Some time ago, I changed to running through the Focusrite (Scarlett) and using mainly Nectar vocal setups (presets with a bit of tweaking). You made me consider trying that old setup again (just recorded a new song using it)...so thanks for the nudge...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd,

I haven't been into the forum for a while.

What a song to come back to! This is stunning. The melody flows along so beautifully and your vocals carry this musical journey with the sound of authenticity that is only possessed by those who have spent decades practising and refining their talent. In addition, your 'band' is the perfect backing ensemble.

To my ears, this song sounded like it belongs in a stage show. In my head, the male protagonist is singing to a picture of his girlfriend/wife and making a commitment to himself that he will travel whatever road this love of his takes him. Moreover, he is reaffirming that he is 100% committed to his partner unconditionally. (The world would certainly be a much better place if we could all learn how to love one another unconditionally.)

From start to end, you kept me travelling along with a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart.

I sincerely appreciated listening to you sing this excellent composition.

All the best,
Noel

Noel - It is great to see you pop in to the Showcase again... You are missed! Thanks for such a fine review. I always enjoy reading your thoughts... Here's hoping you are well and happy!...

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd,

Something different here! A ballad with very strong vocals and very nice strings in it.
Very nice composition and arrangement!

And the way you did this all was intriguing: bottle of red, bottle of white...
Good days must be coming soon, after this sound!

A nice day,
Hans

Thanks, Hans. I appreciate that... we shall fill our glasses and toast the coming good times...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
A simply beautiful write; direct and heartfelt with those nice details of the first verse drawing in to big chorus declarations.
The strings work for me- thanks for putting up the link.
I agree with other listeners reminded of great pop and country balladeers; your vocal communicates that well.

Robert

Thanks for all of that, Robert. Much appreciated...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
A very smooth ballad, I love the mix the way the electric piano and strings come in, and the harmony is spot on!!

Thanks, Ronnie.

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Sweet song. Touching. Well crafted and well written. Nice vocal delivery. The strings are pretty. Good job.

jpt3 - That's a very nice, to-the-point review... Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
Very nice vocals!
E. piano works great on it. Radio quality stuff! BBC strings work well, but I think they stand out a bit loud in places. Nice work on arrangement! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. I followed Hugh post too and got the same package. Did not get to play much with it, but the quality of some instruments are amazing.

Thanks, Misha. You'll enjoy the BBC Orchestra, I'm sure! (The levels are a bit difficult to control...I am still trying to get a handle on that - I do not work with MIDI very often, so a lot of it is new to me...)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You've mentioned Bread before, this gave me a David Gates vibe throughout. I had to think about why, I finally decided because it was a little more melodic than your usual offerings. I'd love to hear more like this, one of them could turn out to be that big hit you deserve so much.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Like many of your songs, how one "takes it" depends on how one takes it in. I'm not the "guy" in your song. I'm not the "lady" either. We are not the couple in this song. Yet--somehow almost magical--I find myself at the table.

Song, vocal, arrangement all strong. Nice repeated vocal hook. Great package.

Thanks, Tangmo. You are welcome at the table any time... smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Floyd,

This is a really well-written song. I can really see the whole thing unfold as you sing the words.
The best way I can describe this song is like biting into a Werther's Candy and a sharp piece sticking you in the side of your gum. Kind of sweet, but kinda brings a tear to your eye.
Thanks for posting it...

Thanks, Bawb! Love that description! HA! Those Werther's always stick my teeth together when I bite down...

Originally Posted By: furry
Floyd, this is a cracker of a song. Really great powerful vocals. This has to be my favourite of your songs to date. It doesn't remind me of anyone else, it's got your stamp on it, A BEAUTY !!

Very nice of you to say, Graham... Thanks.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Dang, you can really sell a song with your vocals.

i still believe love lasts forever
so she'll have to be the one to say goodbye

That's one heck of a write - grabs the heart, wrenches it out, and stomps it to bits. laugh

And those strings are really effective. Still waiting for mine to show up.

Thanks for all of that, David. I was waiting to see your reaction to the strings - since you do them well... Please feel free to comment "deeper" (as I continue this path) if you have any "concerns" or suggestions for improvement...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very beautiful and timeless melody and chording, gives 60's/70's feeling which is highlighted with those perfect sounding strings. I can imagine this sung by Rod Stewart and mixed lighter, but works very well as a modern version too. Classic songwriting with the simple message delivered well.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
With each song post, you never disappoint.

Such bittersweet lyrics. Your vocal is on another level here...Superbly done.

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well, Ray beat us to the mention of Glen Campbell. That was Janice’s first comment.

So on your last tune you introduced a lot of folks to your blues playing and now an example of your midi chops — a skillset that defies and will continue to defy us smile

Janice likes the “swell” of the strings. Bud said that’s what they are supposed to do. Janice says they work really well on this song!

The drums are superb.

The juxtaposing of I’ll be the one and she’ll be the one is a fine example of how a different slant can so well carry a lyric. Seems easy but we’ve learned enough to know that isn’t the case. Simply a wonderful write.

Your vocal … what to say? Yet another example of your stellar chops.

Most excellent mr jane!

J&B

Thanks for those very nice comments. You know I appreciate them... smile

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
You sure have the knack of delivering quality material - every time.
This is no exception. Starts off perfect and then continues to get better.

Fantastic.

Always pleased to see you drop by, Trev. Thanks for the nice words...

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Excellent Floyd your already on the BBC strings and using them in the latest hit !!, there is a post on how many hours or something like that, you get to do Music !!. you got to be on this full time, toto be earning the respect (quite justifiably ) you get on this forum.

Well I for one are grateful that you do as you do inspire us all to do more !!.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Very nice song Floyd, it has all the right touches and your vocal embellishes it. Not really my style, but, excellent indeed!!! Cliff

Cliff - thanks for having a listen...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
This is PURE CLASS!!!! If I were teaching songwriting, I would play this as an example of how to do it right!! Clever, but just clever enough to catch the imagination and not get self indulgent. Classic songwriting a la Diane Warren, Burt Bacharach, and company! And, quite a lovely vocal and arrangement........Floyd, you a truly a renaissance man!!! Take care. Greg

Greg - how could I not like these comments ?!?!?! smile ...YOU are in a class all to yourself!!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd ...

Your musical magic never takes a break! Simply put ... it's awesome. Thanks for a really wonderful listen.

Let's see, for country songwwriting greats there's, Tom T., Harlan Howard, and then Floyd Jane. And I guess you could throw Jeffrey Steele in there, too. Regardless, the Floyd Jane name, in my book, is a very comfortable fit in that select group.

Best to you & yours. be safe ...

Alan

Alan - That's some pretty heady company to be listed in (even it IS an exaggeration!! smile )

I got to meet Harlan at his office - of the publishing company that he and his wife had (I was there for a writing appointment with their only staff writer). Spoke with him briefly. So that was a cool opportunity...

Thanks for the kind words...

Floyd ...

I don't think that's an exaggeration at all. It's what I truly believe. I never met Harlan Howard but Jan Howard, one of his five or six wives, is from West Plains, Missouri. My sister lives just three miles from where she grew up. Also, you probably know, Porter Wagoner was from West Plains.

Anyway, I still say you belong in that group. I'll gladly stand by that opinion.

Alan

That is, truly, nice of you to say, Alan. Hope you guys are doing well...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
You've mentioned Bread before, this gave me a David Gates vibe throughout. I had to think about why, I finally decided because it was a little more melodic than your usual offerings. I'd love to hear more like this, one of them could turn out to be that big hit you deserve so much.

Thanks, TM. Had not occurred to me that this had a Bread flavor (HA!), but now that you mention it, I can hear a bit of that... As I get older, I get less melodic.

smile

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very beautiful and timeless melody and chording, gives 60's/70's feeling which is highlighted with those perfect sounding strings. I can imagine this sung by Rod Stewart and mixed lighter, but works very well as a modern version too. Classic songwriting with the simple message delivered well.

Janne

Janne - thanks for the nice comments. (If you run into Rod, let him know this is waiting for him! smile )

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Excellent Floyd your already on the BBC strings and using them in the latest hit !!, there is a post on how many hours or something like that, you get to do Music !!. you got to be on this full time, toto be earning the respect (quite justifiably ) you get on this forum.

Well I for one are grateful that you do as you do inspire us all to do more !!.

Thanks, beatmaster... music is what I love...so I do it all the time!! smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Rack up another Floyd Jane classic! You are such an awesome songsmith man! It's a beautiful tune deserving of a large audience! Great work with those strings! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Rack up another Floyd Jane classic! You are such an awesome songsmith man! It's a beautiful tune deserving of a large audience! Great work with those strings! Thanks, Torrey

I appreciate that, Torrey. Thanks for stopping in for a listen...

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
I like the lyrics and I really like your choices as a producer. The strings from BBC sounds really good in this context. Very well done!

Will

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
OH wow!! I LOVED that song! Rich and full sounding, great mix, and awesome voice! Your sensitivity transpires in that song. Really comes from the gut, clearly!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good God, man. ALWAYS such a good write, a good story, and an outstanding presentation. You have the magic, FLoyd, and the magic has you and she'll never say goodbye. Thankfully.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
A lovely, tender ballad sung with feeling. Great mix and arrangement.

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,680
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200