Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#619734 10/20/20 06:17 AM
Beginners Forum
G
OP Offline
G
Can I use folders to set up set lists . . . and how is this accomplished?

Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
what do you want set lists for? if you are playing live lots of us do and there are lots of different ways

tell us more please and we can help

Beginners Forum
G
OP Offline
G
I am part of a duo . . . I play guitar, he plays keyboards. We are both retired and cannot rely on memory to help with song lyrics like when we were young. I got BIAB because I wanted to add depth and structure to our music. I use a laptop to store all of our songs. I like the idea of BIAB but some areas of it seem to be convoluted and not very easy to understand. I need a way to set up set lists so that I don't have to search the whole database each time for a particular song title or the next one on the list. If you have other ways of doing this, I am all ears. Thank you

Beginners Forum
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Here’s my method....
1. Create a new folder that will be used for the upcoming performance.
2. Copy your entire song list into the new folder.
3. In the new folder, create a set list by numbering the songs
01,02,03 04, etc. They will then play in that order,
I find that +/- 20 songs will give me an hour of music.
4. Open up Jukebox to play the set that you have created in the new folder.
In Jukebox you have the option of having the songs play in order without interruption
or pausing between songs that will allow you to chat with the audience. If you choose
the pause option, the next song on your set will begin when you hit the space bar
on your computer.
Important, if you try to modify the song while it is playing, it you will cancel the Jukebox
function. Your playlist will be intact but you will have to select each song manually to play.
This is done on my MacBook Air, I’m sure on other computers the process is similar.

Last edited by jazzsax; 10/21/20 07:54 AM.
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
these days as most of the tracks i produce use RealTracks rather than midi, instead of using a midi file player and roland sound module like i used to, its easier and better sounding to use mp3s generated by BIAB - or in my case RealBand.

a second hand ipod touch off ebay is a great player and really cheap - you can use a first or second generation unit and even have a second one as a stand-by.

set up set lists with one song per set list (use the name of the song!) so the ipod doesn't play another track after the one you've chosen.

as for lyrics, people are used to seeing keyboard players with music so having a bookk with lyrics is no problem and as a guitarist I always used to have a folder on a music stand.

using a lap top live and BIAB or RB is riskier than playing mp3s direct through the PA. it can be done - i've done it but the fewer the links in the chain the smaller the risk count

Last edited by Bob Calver; 10/22/20 02:51 AM.
Beginners Forum
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Originally Posted By: jazzsax
Here’s my method....
1. Create a new folder that will be used for the upcoming performance.
2. Copy your entire song list into the new folder.
3. In the new folder, create a set list by numbering the songs
01,02,03 04, etc. They will then play in that order,
I find that +/- 20 songs will give me an hour of music.
4. Open up Jukebox to play the set that you have created in the new folder.
In Jukebox you have the option of having the songs play in order without interruption
or pausing between songs that will allow you to chat with the audience. If you choose
the pause option, the next song on your set will begin when you hit the space bar
on your computer.
Important, if you try to modify the song while it is playing, it you will cancel the Jukebox
function. Your playlist will be intact but you will have to select each song manually to play.
This is done on my MacBook Air, I’m sure on other computers the process is similar.

This is what I have usually done without using the Jukebox for the reason given. Even if you try to just restart a song the Jukebox function is cancelled. Once you have created the song list in a separate folder as suggested it is very quick to select the and load the next song from the Songpicker and you retain the flexibility to change your mind on the fly about the order of songs or to bypass one.

Tony

Beginners Forum
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
Tony,
On occasion I would want to exit the Jukebox mode to play a request.
Since I copied my entire song list to my performance folder it is easy to
manually select the requested song and then return to the set list of numbered
songs and continue manually.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195