Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Been wondering what you were up to. For me, it reminds me a little bit of Tom Bombadil from the Lord of the Rings. Great work!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Noel,

I'm glad I was back here in time to hear your song. Everything appeals very much to me: very nice lyrics, good musical structure and the way you sing (and soeak) fits everything perfectly.

Enjoyed the listen a lot.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Really liked this..vocal nice and clear...and the lyric--I wish I knew the backstory on this!
Excellent production and enjoyable listen.
Noel..did you consider adding some actual jaw-harp phrases? I once had that thought but gave up on either trying to record it myself or finding a vst sample that was decent.

Thanks for posting!

Hi Tano,

Thank you heaps for having a listen.

I was thinking of writing up a separate article for the Songwriting Forum about how this song came together. The journey was a little bit different from most of my work. I'll get on to the in a few days when work settles down for me.

With the jaw harp, I created a loop from the Realtrack and then pitch shifted that loop in Reaper. I found that this was the easier way for me to get a balanced sound. I could create a jaw harp melody using this method but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for taking time out and listening.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
This is not "just" superb, but, to my ears at least, genius. The melody and lyrics effortlessly tell the story - it's captivating, almost hypnotic! I loved it. Bravo.

Hi James,

It's great to see you again.

Thank you so much for passing through the thread. I sincerely appreciate it. I know that I can't possibly live up to the "genius" title. I'm way too ordinary for that -- but I confess that I loved reading the word. It was like that "sit up and open your eyes wide" moment that often comes when eating a chili pepper that's particularly spicy! Reading it gave me a zing. To be honest, I don't think I've ever once seen the word "genius" in any sentence about me.

Seriously, thank you for making my day!

All the best,
Noe

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very nice, Noel. Great storytelling and an engaging vocal, including the spoken section.
Words to live by:
'Friends to love, songs to sing, a sun that shines and a wonderful world to walk on'
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
Sorry I am late for the party.
Very BIG sound. Everything sounds great with all details well polished. Composition flows smoothly, nothing sticking out. Vocals are bright and clear, but I do feel you are a little tense when you sing. Would be interesting to hear a slow song with your vocals relaxed. Mix is pro level.

"He doesn’t dwell on things that tomorrow could bring
‘Cause each day’s a shiny new day"

I like that. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. Jaw harp players? Cool! I have a friend who improvises on j.harp very well. Unfortunately he lives far. One day I hope to lure him to record some takes for couple of my tunes smile

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Noel,

Good to hear a new tune from you—it’s been too long. Love that vocal, so engaging! Your usual top notch production—really refreshing listen. And a wonderful character story/song—we could use a few more Jacksons these days! Great stuff—welcome back to the board!!!

All my best to you,

Deej

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: EdZ314
Noel - This is a very polished production, no surprise there. Everything really works and fits well and is balanced, and nicely spaced and separated. I hope you don't mind, but I feel like this song would be perfect in a children's movie with Jackson traveling through a countryside, on long roads, riding a horse or in a wagon trying to find a place where he and his jaw harp belong. It just evokes that kind of vision.

Hi Ed,

Thanks heaps for visiting!

I love the images you mention. When I wrote this, I called on everything I knew about the concept of wandering minstrels... there were real-life experiences, and stories such as the Pied Piper of Hamylin, and Danny Kaye's musical movie, "Hans Christian Andersen". It was an interesting journey for me smile

It all began with this song from "Hans Christian Andersen" that I landed on one night while zig-zagging my way around Youtube. (It's pretty amazing what can be found on Youtube!)

Thanks for taking the time,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Noel

Lovely uplifting song. Inventive use of jaws harp and a very memorable singable chorus (almost theatrical).

Hope you are doing well down there in Victoria.

Excellent work on a wonderful production.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for visiting. It's always great to see you!

Yep... things are good in Victoria. It turns out that we're one of the few places in the world to get on top of a second wave of covid so quickly! As I see it, Dan Andrews and Brett Sutton have done an awesome job. Soon we'll be nearly back to normal.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Great song Noel delivered with an excellent vocal and lush arrangement.

I was just thinking as I was listening that maybe the song is based on a real person you know, or have met on your travels, such is the detail you have included in your excellent lyrics.

I have always admired the way you are able to take a song apart and analyse the lyrics and other aspects of the song.

Another positive uplifting song from you.

Last edited by musiclover; 10/22/20 06:59 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Hi Noel96,

What a pleasant and quaint song you have posted! One can't help but smile listening to it. The instruments are played very well and the vocals match up very nicely. It sounds like a song from a totally different era. A brief injection of simplicity into our complicated, stressful lives of the modern world.

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,570
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199