wondering how i ever let her walk away
i'm drowning in regret
i need to find a way to forget

i'm gonna weekend her off my mind...

The BAND:

RealTracks in song: 2260:Bass, Electric, FunkyGroove60s Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1037:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1755:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2691:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBalladBrentSimple Ev 085
Royalty Free Loops

Me: lyric & music, vocals, acoustic guitar, banjo, arrangement, production, mixing, art work
Harmonies are a mix of me (2 tracks) and Helicon tracks generated in RealBand (one low, one high)

Any comments welcome.
Have at it.

fj

#619933 - 10/21/20 12:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

You're just a song writing machine. And they're all fairly good.... (wink) ... including this one.

Nice work. Mix sounds good on this computer too.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#619961 - 10/21/20 03:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

Always enjoy your "standard fare".

Lovely memorable chorus, and lyric. Superb vocal as always, and thoughtful use of the backing, including the restrained guitar solo.

Enjoyed it all.

Peter

#619964 - 10/21/20 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
You are so productive and you are always delivering quality stuff. I enjoyed this song a lot.

Are you always singing about the same woman? Or are there several you let walk away? smile

Mix and overall production is great as always!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

#619979 - 10/21/20 06:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Floyd,

You say “standard fare” but that undersells what you do. Great write married to excellent vocal and production. Anything but standard this. Love that mandolin in the verses; really sets a nice base to the rhythm.

I’ve been seeing references to Helicon tracks on the board lately—not sure what they are, but if used to generate the harmonies they do an awful nice job. Nice touch mixing them in.

Real nice country. Enjoyed it!

All my best,

Deej

Edited by Deej56 (10/21/20 06:40 PM)

#619987 - 10/21/20 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Another WInner!!

Excellent song.
Always enjoy your work.
Some fancy work around the fret board there..........love it.
This one has the makings of a big hit.

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#619996 - 10/21/20 07:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent tune Floyd. Got a chuckle out of the title. Had to think about it for a second lol. Very cool vocal and lyric. As always perfect production. Well done

#620009 - 10/21/20 08:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Another outstanding offer. Great hook line. Good country song titles (at least the classic variety like this) are a bit of word games. This one nailed it. Great instrumentation. Lyrics told the story well. Excellent country vocals. No nits here. Nice work.

Edited by jptjptjpt (10/21/20 08:08 PM)

#620013 - 10/21/20 10:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Floyd
If by 'standard fare' you mean good enough to become a standard, than I agree. Top quality as usual.
Regards,
Leon

#620023 - 10/21/20 11:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
How did you get that pizzicato sounding rhythm that starts the tune off? Was that a loop? Whatever it was, I loved that. I actually opened up BIAB and checked RT 1755 mandolin to see if that was it and I don't think so? Anyway, another of your terrific sessions done so effortlessly, high quality work as always. Great lyrics.

#620047 - 10/22/20 04:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
That's one well textured arrangement.
Jim Beam as a verb is new to me but an instance communication too.
Lovely melody, lovely vocal performance...standard fare when standard is a rare and joyous thing perhaps.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#620049 - 10/22/20 04:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Floyd ...

Well, it might be "standard fare" for you. For the rest of us, it would be like hitting a game-winning home run in the bottom of the 9th with two out. Can't say that I've ever come across "weekend" as a verb ... nice call!

Love the mandolin track ... it seems to energize everything else and give it all a path to follow. Your mixes are always spot on, great "bands", super arrangements, and fantastic delivery. The only thing I don't like about it is that I didn't write it.

Not only are your vocals excellent ... they're also very distinctive and have your personal trademark all over them. After but a word or two, there's no doubt who's singing. You do, indeed, set the bar for the rest of us.

Take care and be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#620089 - 10/22/20 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, I just love listening to your mixes! Just a pleasure through both the 'phones and the KRK's.

Drums sounds great, loops I guess, heck, everything sounds great.

I like the "weekend her off my mind" concept, especially liked the "friday i'm gonna jim beam 'til i'm blind" line.
Been there, done that, and for the same reason. Not recently mind you eek

Good one floyd, as per usual. Enjoyed several listens.

#620095 - 10/22/20 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Dang - fantastic work here - as it has been mentioned, you knocked it outta the park with the mix. Loved the vocals and the instrumentation is on point. Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing smile

#620100 - 10/22/20 07:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
You're just a song writing machine. And they're all fairly good.... (wink) ... including this one.

Nice work. Mix sounds good on this computer too.

Thanks, Herb.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Always enjoy your "standard fare".

Lovely memorable chorus, and lyric. Superb vocal as always, and thoughtful use of the backing, including the restrained guitar solo.

Enjoyed it all.

Peter

Thanks for the comments, Peter. BIAB almost always impresses me with its choices of solo guitars. Having done 200+ productions there has only been a handful of times that I could not find something that I thought fit and worked well...

#620124 - 10/22/20 09:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Floyd,
Simply superb arrangement and production of a good , nicely quirky write.
Listening to verse 1, I thought " oh,its a list song", but you got the days of the week done and really floored me with that Jim Beam line.
Your vocals are a textbook example of good performance captured, professionally processed and tastefully harmonised.
Excellent!

Robert

#620128 - 10/22/20 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Bawb Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Hi Floyd,

Wow, this is such a catchy and appealing sounding song. The cadence at first reminds me of Mary Chapin Carpenter's "Passionate Kisses".

The instruments all flow and blend seamlessly. Good write , consummate professional vocals and harmonies.

If you plan on making another CD to sell on Amazon, I would highly recommend you ad this song to your playlist!

#620133 - 10/22/20 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Derry,Ireland
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Loc: Derry,Ireland
Hello Floyd,

What more can be said here, you just keep churning them out each as good if not better than the last.

When listening I just hear little things that add to your song, which makes it sound such a pro production.

A good write and production.

No doubt your next one will be just as good as well smile

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2022, Cubase elements 11 and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

#620211 - 10/23/20 04:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
You are so productive and you are always delivering quality stuff. I enjoyed this song a lot.

Are you always singing about the same woman? Or are there several you let walk away? smile

Mix and overall production is great as always!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thanks, Will. "the same woman?" HA! No. Trying to sing about all of 'em... smile

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

You say “standard fare” but that undersells what you do. Great write married to excellent vocal and production. Anything but standard this. Love that mandolin in the verses; really sets a nice base to the rhythm.

I’ve been seeing references to Helicon tracks on the board lately—not sure what they are, but if used to generate the harmonies they do an awful nice job. Nice touch mixing them in.

Real nice country. Enjoyed it!

All my best,

Deej

Thanks, Deej. The "Helicon tracks" are harmonies generated by the TC Helicon harmony plugin that comes with BIAB. It is easiest to do that by opening RealBand and loading your SGU and your vocal (typically out of your DAW where it is recorded) and have the plugin create the harmony track based on "follow the chord". There are several different combinations. I find the the 1 UP and 1 DOWN work for me (but you still have to use them judiciously to get them to "sound real"). I wrote up a full instruction at one point (in Tips, maybe. I think Noel wrote one up, too)

#620219 - 10/23/20 05:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Floyd,

I liked those choruses a lot!
The song is very cool, powerful but also sensitive.
All instruments sound so very bright, as if you're standing next to them.
But that's always the case in your songs. Constant quality!
I envy that a little, but it's also good to realize it is achievable without jumping into expensive studios.

Have a nice day,
Hans

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Forum Stats
35193 Members
63 Forums
71644 Topics
624181 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
kittyjkat321, Dange, ShemS76, pbwang1947, Dominique29

35193 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 419
Matt Finley 243