Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#619971 - 10/21/20 05:25 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized
Loc: Philippines
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

I had to reformat my computer and reinstall BiaB. And now I can't figure out how to have the resolution I want/need on my display, and same time keep the minimized plugin window visible there in the lower left corner... I have encounter this problem before. but can't remember HOW I solved it.. But it DID work before... I did downloaded and installed the latest update this morning, so it can't be that...

I use the 1920x1080 resolution as recommended, then set the size to 150% as I had before the crash... Then I set all the text size to 12 bold, as I THINK I also had before...

I use a 48 inches TV screen as my display and sit 4-5 meter away from it. So THAT is the size I HAVE to have for my sight..

There IS probably an easy fix for it, I just can't remember it from last time I had the same problem...

BIG thanks to anyone that can guide me to the right solution...;)
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished
The Universe = Uni-verse ie one song.

#620028 - 10/22/20 12:38 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Have you got your taskbar set to auto hide ?
If you want to see things better look here:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=619535#Post619535

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#620033 - 10/22/20 01:53 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Thanks' Pipeline.. Yes, I tried the taskbar trick, but it still disappear... The magnifier trick would be a workaround if I cannot find out what fixed this issue before... Could it have something to do with my extra videocard? It stopped working a while ago, so I had to take it out..
My OLD tracks on Soundcloud; https://soundcloud.com/trygve-larsen My NEW is unpublished

#620035 - 10/22/20 03:23 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Thanks for the identification of things that need to be considered with visual / sight issues. These are important, and understood.

As a first step, consider if it is possible to revert everything to normal, 100% resolution, with single monitor etc. Start again, even though this might be challenging.

Then take a step at a time and see if this resolves the problem, or possibly identify the step that creates the issue you are dealing with.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#620045 - 10/22/20 04:03 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Quote:
Could it have something to do with my extra videocard?

yes it could be on the other screen, disable extended desktop or set it to mirror in display settings.

#620090 - 10/22/20 07:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Loc: Chicago, IL
EdZ314 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chicago, IL
I have had similar issues to what you describe, and I have a single screen and a rather old video card. If you look closely at Pipeline's image, you'll see two things: (1) There are two BIAB "placeholder" icons along the taskbar, which means there is the main dialog and then most likely the plugin dialog box. (2) In the lower left, but above the taskbar and within the main BIAB window, there is a *minimized* plugin window which you can restore to full size and bring to the forefront if you click the "expand" button - the large square.

Forgive me if I'm providing too much novice windows advice - just trying to cover all of the bases - I'm quite experienced with Windows and I was caught out by item #2 for a while.

Finally, I must comment that I have had many issues with BIAB window management, at least on my PC, which I don't have on other applications, so it seems to be a weak spot.

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

#620147 - 10/22/20 12:15 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Does using ALT + TAB to rotate through the open applications one at a time work?
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#620203 - 10/23/20 03:44 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

ED-Z, I think the reason Pipeline have 2 BiaB icons in his taskbar, is that he work for 2, at least...;) But no 2 icons here...

Jim; The Alt + tab, shows the plugin window when I hover the mouse over BiaB window, but disappear again when I click on it...

I sent a chat message to PG music this morning and referred to this tread, but have not heard anything yet.. Lets see if they have a fix for it... It was reported years ago also, so they SHOULD come up with a fix for it... In the meantime, thank's to all of u for trying to help me out...

#620212 - 10/23/20 04:46 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

You can try this for now until you get it sorted out.
It is only a one line script
Code:
WinRestore, ahk_class TDXPluginHostBBWForm

If you are running Biab As Administrator:

To run script only .ahk install https://www.autohotkey.com/ and set AutoHotKey.exe to Run As Administrator

To run .exe set to Run As Administrator

remove .mp4 file extension and unzip

Attachments

#620471 - 10/25/20 12:48 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Sorry, it did not change anything Pipeline.. Wonder how many days it takes PG music to respond to my chat message?

#620472 - 10/25/20 01:15 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

If it's not showing when you run that then it sounds like it's on another screen. Is the monitor you using monitor 1 when you identify and set as primary display ?

Attachments

#620473 - 10/25/20 01:24 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

And see here in your post you have the same issue
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=447774
It just sounds like it's on the other card:
Quote:
Could it have something to do with my extra videocard?

Can you take that card out and try ?
EDIT: sorry I see you did take it out.
???

Edited by Pipeline (10/25/20 03:57 AM)

#620484 - 10/25/20 04:06 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

So if you took the "extra videocard" out, does that mean you have another or is it the onboard video you are using ?
If you are using another videocard and have an onboard video that could be it ??? and onboard video can have two outputs, VGA & DVI or HDMI that you can extend the desktop with.

#620603 - 10/25/20 06:43 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Pipeline; "If it's not showing when you run that then it sounds like it's on another screen. Is the monitor you using monitor 1 when you identify and set as primary display ?" I have only 1 monitor, not any other...

"EDIT: sorry I see you did take it out. ???" Yes, I did take it out...

"So if you took the "extra videocard" out, does that mean you have another or is it the onboard video you are using ?" It' only the onboard now...

"If you are using another videocard and have an onboard video that could be it ??? and onboard video can have two outputs, VGA & DVI or HDMI that you can extend the desktop with" I can not see where I can chose VGA, DVI or HDMI...

Thank's for trying to help me out here Pipeline.. I just wish PG music was as helpful as you. But it SEEMS like they just don't care, Same last time in the other post. Just totally silence... And that is 3 years ago.. Maybe I have somewhat pissed them of.. I don't now... Right now, I just want to uninstall BiaB and forget about it... In my project right now, I can use my Reason and Kontakt anyway..

#620604 - 10/25/20 07:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

I don't know if BiaB Options > Return to Factory settings resets the default locations of any displayed forms. It might be worth a try.

You can also use Options > Save preferences to make a backup of your current configuration first.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#620609 - 10/25/20 10:03 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

This one will also Move the plugin window to either 0,0 or 2000,0
so it will move it to top left of one monitor or top left of other monitor. So if it's on another screen/desktop it will restore it then move it where you can see it hopefully, unless the monitor is below or above ?
But then again it could be something else ??

remove .mp4 and unzip

Attachments

#620613 - 10/25/20 10:55 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

I guess it WAS factory setting already, since I just reinstalled it?

#620614 - 10/25/20 11:02 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

This will restore the Plugin window then move it to the mouse pointer when you use the hotkey left Win+Z, it's running in the system tray as "H"
remove .mp4 and unzip
EDIT: Win+Z is the hotkey

Attachments

Edited by Pipeline (10/26/20 01:42 AM)

#620615 - 10/26/20 01:16 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

That last one I uploaded the old move script by mistake but this is move to mouse pointer script Biab Restore Plugin Dialog Move to Mouse.zip.mp4

Edited by Pipeline (10/26/20 01:43 AM)

#620616 - 10/26/20 01:28 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Windows] Re: Plugin Dialog Window Disappear when minimized [Re: Trygve Larsen]
Trygve Larsen Offline
Expert

Ok, I am just IMPRESSED by you Pipeline, for all the EFFORT u put out just to help a poor understanding guy like me.. It moves me almost to tears..And THAT without having any stock in or financial benefit from PG music for doing it? Just by PURE HEARTH and wish to help fellow musicians? Just WISHED PG music could be LIKE THAT....

But ok.. I downloaded ur new app (BTW; did u actually MADE IT just now to solve this problem?), unzipped it, and clicked on Biab Restore Plugin Dialog Move 2000-64.exe (It was a little confusing here, because it was several similar files, but I guess that is for other purposes?) and open BiaB again, and the plugin window, then minimized the bplugin window, then read ur instruction ; "then move it to the mouse pointer when you use the hotkey left Win+X, it's running in the system tray as "H" " Here I was a little confused, what u mean by "move it to the mouse pointer" ?? Move WHAT to the mouse pointer?

Tried to press Win+X, but nothing seemed to happen. At least I could not see any plugin window.. So I guess it needs to be explained, point for point, like to a computer illiterate like me, that does not even understand what a system tray as "H" is or means..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили 80 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 стиля RealTracks, новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), записи профессионального живого исполнения (Artist Performances), поставляемые в качестве бонуса отдельные инструменты RealDrums (RealDrums "Singles"), транскрипции стилей RealDrums, набор мультистилей MultiStyles PAK 1, набор экстра-стилей Xtra Styles PAK 10 и др.!

новых | Пакеты

Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Get To Know the Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings

Want to customize your Band-in-a-Box® song? Head into the Song Settings window to adjust settings for endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, chord embellishments, and more!

To access Song Settings in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, use Ctrl+N or choose the Edit | Song Form | Settings (for This Song) option.

Looking to mix up the styles playing for each chorus? You can do that!

Want Pedal Bass in your middle chorus? You can do that too!

Hoping to fade the ending to your song? Also an option from within this window!

There are additional Ending options, RealTracks options (including half-time/double-time, 'bluesy' solos, Natural Arrangements, etc.), and more!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Documentation Today!

Download the latest Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows to access the updated PDF manual and updated help file.

We've also addressed user reported concerns regarding Plugins Options, Drum Kit window MIDI events, the 2 bar lead-in for exported MIDI files, read-only Audio tracks, and more!

The latest update is available for FREE to all Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows users.

Learn more and download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Estamos ocupados e adicionamos 80 novos recursos e uma coleção incrível de novos conteúdos, incluindo 202 RealTracks, novos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudos Instrumentais, Performances de Artistas, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", transcrições de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 e mais!

Novas Funções | Pacotes

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Forum Stats
34365 Members
67 Forums
69380 Topics
596490 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
okiieisland jay, Grumpy, erka, PascalH35, GuitarGal

34364 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 203