You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#619304 - 10/16/20 10:00 AM [Other PG Music Programs] The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs
Loc: Victoria, BC
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

#619350 - 10/16/20 05:38 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
I purchased both the guitar and piano chord dictionaries and use at least one or the other almost every day.

My favorite feature of both programs is what I call reverse chord look-up. By that I mean I tell a program the fingering of a chord and the program displays the name, or names, of the chord.

One benefit is once I know the name one of these dictionaries labels a chord then I know that name will be accepted by Band-in-a-Box.

Another benefit is that I can use the programs even while the computer is offline from the internet.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#620145 - 10/22/20 11:57 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Honestly, sometimes it's like the PG Marketing posters are just edging me on to poke more "Not on Mac!" grumbles at them wink

#620181 - 10/22/20 05:08 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs [Re: Icelander]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Honestly, sometimes it's like the PG Marketing posters are just edging me on to poke more "Not on Mac!" grumbles at them wink

If it's not on a Mac then by all means complain and put a wish in the wishlist forum.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#658525 - 06/02/21 01:54 PM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs [Re: Jim Fogle]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I purchased both the guitar and piano chord dictionaries and use at least one or the other almost every day.

My favorite feature of both programs is what I call reverse chord look-up. By that I mean I tell a program the fingering of a chord and the program displays the name, or names, of the chord.

One benefit is once I know the name one of these dictionaries labels a chord then I know that name will be accepted by Band-in-a-Box.

Another benefit is that I can use the programs even while the computer is offline from the internet.

I have found that many people (not saying you, Jim) do not know about the existing tool in the Windows version of BIAB. Windows menu, MIDI Chord Detection is one of my favorite things about BIAB. Not only does it give you up to four alternatives for the chord you finger on a MIDI keyboard, but with a keystroke it enters that chord into your song.

It occurs to me I should check to see if the Mac version, with 2021 just released today, has this yet, before Icelander mentions it.
BIAB 2021 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Studio One 5 Pro, Adobe Audition CC, Notion 6; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam sub & monitors

#658895 - 06/04/21 06:27 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs [Re: Matt Finley]
Chantelle - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

It occurs to me I should check to see if the Mac version, with 2021 just released today, has this yet, before Icelander mentions it.

The Mac 2021 does have MIDI chord recognition. But it does not have the dialog that pops up like in the Windows version. It's explained on page 65 of the 2021 Mac manual, under "Chord Entry". To use this feature, select the Options | MIDI Patch Maps | Insert current MIDI chord menu command. command+return is the keystroke combination for this function.

https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/misc/manual/bandinabox_mac_2021_manual.pdf

#663271 - 07/08/21 03:12 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Ohio
DSM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio
I bought the guitar chord dictionary and use it on a regular basis.

...Deb

#665343 - 07/23/21 09:52 AM [Other PG Music Programs] Re: The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Yeah, I love these programs, the guitar and the piano dictionary (I just got the piano one I liked the guitar version so much.)

The piano one is great for songwriting, just idly clicking on chords until you find one that fits your mood.

Dm9!

I knew I was in a Dm9 mood!

Off to the races!!!!!!

smile

Such a bargain too.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021? Make sure you update for free today!

Windows users will see speedier rendering, MIDI improvements, RealTracks Picker improvements, and more when they install the latest FREE patch update.

The latest Mac update resolves some user-reported issues with MIDI features and hot keys. Click here to learn about all the enhancements with this FREE update and download it today.

Both of these free updates for your 2021 version include the latest DAW Plugin 3.7.23 too!

Happy B.C. Day!

Monday, August 2 is B.C. Day here in Victoria, but a few of us will still be here!

Our adjusted hours for that day are: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT.

Regular hours resume Tuesday:
Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Sunday: Closed.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: New Features and 202 RealTracks Videos
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 - RealCharts for all RealDrums!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021, we added over 300 additional RealCharts (with accurate Drum Notation and MIDI to trigger drum sounds) for RealDrums.

That's right... this means that now ALL the RealDrums have RealCharts!

With RealCharts, you can use the notation for MIDI drum parts too - great for copying to a Utility Track!
(Watch this video for a full demonstration of Utility Tracks.)

Learn more about RealCharts for RealDrums with drum notation.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Forum Stats
34680 Members
66 Forums
70223 Topics
606029 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Patrick Warg, sampomkjiu, RBme, Jmoran, Handyman

34680 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 155