Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi folks,

Hope everyone is well, haven't posted anything in a long long time, so here is an old time waltz.

Never too Old to fall in love.

I probably will redo the vocal some time as too much sibilance in it.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Style is C_WLZMED.STY (Country Waltz - Medium Tempo)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Acoustic Piano (1), Acoustic Guitar (26), Acoustic Guitar (26),
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)
Fiddle background realtrack

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely song. Super vocal and lyric. I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Scott,

Thanks a lot for having a listen and your comments.

Just had a listen on your Soundcloud page, you have some excellent songs there.

All the best.

Musiclover

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Musiclover.

This is great!

I love waltzes and you've created a wonderful gem here. The lyrics, your singing, the arrangement -- everything worked for me. I liked that your vocals were a little out front and so easy to understand.

It's two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really wonderful use of the style. It fits what you ended up creating quite well. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nice song!
Good Orchestration, Wonderful lyrics, I like the message.
Vocals ate nice and clear, maybe a little de essing will make it perfect.

A good listen.
Well done.

moto

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Musiclover.

This is great!

I love waltzes and you've created a wonderful gem here. The lyrics, your singing, the arrangement -- everything worked for me. I liked that your vocals were a little out front and so easy to understand.

It's two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

All the best,
Noel

Hello Noel,

Its good to hear from you, hope you are doing well over there.
Thanks for having a listen and you comments.

When I think of songs with a positive uplifting message that have been posted on here your songs have come to mind, so maybe that has influenced me when I put this little song down.

all the best for now.

Last edited by musiclover; 10/22/20 02:19 AM.

Musiclover

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Really wonderful use of the style. It fits what you ended up creating quite well. Thanks for sharing!

Very much appreciate you having a listen Ember, considering that you are all very busy this time of year, probably with biab 21.

Regards and thanks to everyone at PGmusic for making this all possible with band in a box.

Last edited by musiclover; 10/22/20 02:18 AM.

Musiclover

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Nice song!
Good Orchestration, Wonderful lyrics, I like the message.
Vocals ate nice and clear, maybe a little de essing will make it perfect.

A good listen.
Well done.

moto

Thanks Captain for having a listen, glad you liked the lyrics, hopefully it comes across as a positive message.

Maybe sometime in future I will try to re-do the vocal, as sibilance is probably too pronounced for de-essing.

Take care

Musiclover

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
musiclover,

A really nice song. A sweet story, well told.

Your vocal is quite nice - perfect for the story. The backing, too.

I assume you are playing accordion? Sounds good.

You list the BIAB details as (mostly) MIDI. If you are using a vst for the acoustic guitar - it is a good one - sounds good...

I enjoyed the listen. You should post more often! After all we're "never too old to share". smile

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks a lot Floyd for taking the time to have a listen.

I use Halion Se as the default synth in biab, I like the sound of it.

The accordion is just notated in biab, I find biab makes it easy enough to enter a simple melody line.

Thanks again.

Musiclover

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As Scott said, "I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song."

His comment brought up great imagery that we have of your country from the many travelogs we watch.
We feel like we've been in that pub.

It's always cool to hear a waltz ... back in our bluegrass band days we played quite a few. Janice just loves them.

Nice write, vocal, arrangement, band and the mix sounds good on our monitors.

We enjoyed the entire package!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really nice lilting melody and an engaging vocal.
Nicely done with the accordion.

Really enjoyable.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As Scott said, "I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song."

His comment brought up great imagery that we have of your country from the many travelogs we watch.
We feel like we've been in that pub.

It's always cool to hear a waltz ... back in our bluegrass band days we played quite a few. Janice just loves them.

Nice write, vocal, arrangement, band and the mix sounds good on our monitors.

We enjoyed the entire package!

J&B

Guess its my turn to buy everyone a pint of Guinness since you are all singing my song smile

Thanks very much Janice and Bud for taking the time to have a listen and your kind comments.

Musiclover

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Really nice lilting melody and an engaging vocal.
Nicely done with the accordion.

Really enjoyable.

Peter

Thanks a lot Peter for having a listen, biab does make it easy to enter the melody for the midi accordion.

Cheers.

Musiclover

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A wonderful story, and a captivating presentation, musiclover (you wear the moniker so well!). Man, I can hear this song being sung by the whole crowd swinging their mugs in the air. I'm in.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Musiclover,

Some minutes ago I decided to go to the forum again, listen to some songs and do my 'homework' answering reactions.
This morning i did this as well, but then something came across.
So I saw your reaction on my song (Thanks, I will react on it), but also saw your song and heard it.
And what a nice one that is. The lyrics are so nice, especially the last one. I do like these Irish songs very much.
We loved the Dubliners and the Pogues. There was a Dutch band in my neighbourhood imitating the Dubliners very well, but of course not as good as the real one.

You and your nice vocals gave the real touch to this song. Very good!
I think you are right though to get rid of some sibilance. It is something they had to tell me many times. I think I solved it (a bit) so for you it will be easy too ;-)

Nice song!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks a lot Hans for having a listen, good to know you like the Irish music, the accordion is very popular here as you probably know, and we give our own twist to home grown country songs known as Country and Irish.

I do like to have a clear vocal and think with this one sometime in future I will re-do it again, as sibilance is too much for my liking, have tried de-essing and pulling the frequency down where I think it is happening but it doesn't do much good.

As it says in an online article "its better to get it right at the source" when recording so that is good advice.

Glad you like the song though and thanks again.

Musiclover

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
A wonderful story, and a captivating presentation, musiclover (you wear the moniker so well!). Man, I can hear this song being sung by the whole crowd swinging their mugs in the air. I'm in.

Hey Marty,

Good to hear from you, with all this singing and drinking I think we are well on our way to being unsteady on our feet by now..:)

its great that you enjoyed the listen, many thanks.

Musiclover

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Wonderful sentiment, and a very nice tune!! Has a very classic feel to it.....old time, natural story telling. There is a real sincerity and honesty in the lyric! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,465
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195