Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#620519 - 10/25/20 08:07 AM [User Showcase] Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music)
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/blues-around-the-corner

This is a collaboration with Marty Straub and Dave Bell. Marty sang and Dave played lead guitar. Dave also mixed and mastered, for which I am very grateful.

RealTracks in style: ~572:Bass, Electric, Blues BB Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3355:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm LowdownBluesHighBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3354:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm LowdownBluesBrent Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:BluesBBEven8^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Dave Bell - lead guitar
Marty Straub - vocal

Thanks to the guys from Blue Attitude for lending their considerable talents and bringing my song to life!

There's a blues around the corner
Hopes to ease its way on in
And its breath is getting warmer
Trying to make of me its kin

I've been watching it a long time
Known its pain a time or three
I've been watching it a long time
It always picks the wrong time
To rain its hell on me

Is my woman gonna leave me?
Will I lose my job to youth?
Will my life get turned to rubble?
Is my very health in trouble?
Will I break from its abuse?

It's been sniffing round a bit
The devil's own informer
Raising up a fit

Nothing left but let it enter
Let the battle start today
Nothing left but let it enter
Find a peace within its center
Live to fight another day

Edited by TuneMonger (10/25/20 08:12 AM)

#620553 - 10/25/20 01:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hello TuneMonger,

t's the style of blues that I love. The lyrics are well written and ask us about our life course, our wishes and our regrets. The voice lends itself perfectly to the lyrics. Very pleasant. Well done.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

#620562 - 10/25/20 02:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
This really lifted my spirit. See what happens when, unlike me, someone knows what they're actually doing musically? :-) The writing is great, the singing is superlative, the arrangement and mixing excellent. The growling beat of this song is wonderful. Bravi.

#620565 - 10/25/20 02:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Guys,

Wonderful blues, excellent vocal by Marty, Dave's immaculate playing,and a good set of blues lyrics.

Top quality throughout, pretty much as I expected!

Great work.

Peter

#620579 - 10/25/20 03:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
Great song TuneMonger, with great performances.
Marty's vocals suit the song perfectly and Dave's guitar soars.
Cheers,
Mike

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#620595 - 10/25/20 05:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Tunemonger ,Dave & Marty,
Lyrics absolutely right for the genre- with some that made me sit up:

The devil's own informer

nice, spare arrangement, a good deep and energetic vocal and masterful guitar fills and lead.
Excellent collaboration!!

Robert

#620607 - 10/25/20 09:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
First rate collaboration. Excellent vocal from Marty and Dave's reliably smoking guitar work. It's also an interesting lyric, with 'a' blues portrayed as an almost sentient thing, stalking the singer. Nice work by all.
Regards,
Leon

#620622 - 10/26/20 02:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Terrific collaboration.

An interesting Blues write, TM.
"I've been watching it a long time
It always picks the wrong time
To rain its hell on me"
...Nice!

Marty's vocal is a delight.
Dave's guitar is perfect (always!).
Excellent mix. Sounds great in the phones.

Much enjoyed.

fj

#620635 - 10/26/20 03:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Really cool stuff gents.
The vocals and licks are made for this.

#620660 - 10/26/20 07:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool tune. Loved this collaboration. Awesome vocal Marty. Dave's guitar was excellent. Very well done

#620673 - 10/26/20 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Online   content
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Great!
Vocals & Guitar as good as ever.
Can't forget to mention the mix is spot on.
Well done.

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#620699 - 10/26/20 01:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"It's also an interesting lyric, with 'a' blues portrayed as an almost sentient thing, stalking the singer. "
Hard to beat Leon's description of the lyric. Yeah!!

Well, if ya gonna collab you might as well pick two of the finest musicians on the forum.

Marty's vocal nails the lyric with both soul and attitude.

Now what did that other guy do? Hmmm ... oh yeah the guitar smile Classy soaring happening there all the way with those fine chops and tone!

And it's all nicely wrapped up in an excellent mix ... no surprise there.

Kudos!

J&B

#620753 - 10/27/20 02:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi guys,

that is just brilliant. Great vocals, Marty, and the guitar playing remindes me immediately of Gary Moore - hats off, Dave!
Good lyrics, too, and a flawless sound.

A very pleasant listen .

Take care,

Stefan

#620782 - 10/27/20 06:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Excellent collaboration!!!
Wow! As far as "new" collaborations go, this is surely one of the best I have heard this year. Very cool composition, guitars, mix, but Marty's kick ### vocals brought this to a proper level. Amazing work all around. Congrats TuneMonger & Blue Attitude team! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#620857 - 10/27/20 05:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Some Great Blues!!! A very cool collab!! A great lyric!! You recruited some serious talent with these guys!! FANTASTIC!!! Take care. Greg

#620906 - 10/28/20 05:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi TuneMonger, Marty and Dave,

Very catchy Blues. Marty, I didn't know you could do more than playing the bassguitar? The vocals are pretty good!
And Dave playes the stars from heaven with his leadguitar
TuneMonger, I saw Dave also helped with mixing and mastering, so what was your role in this song?
No, I'm kidding, you composed this very strong song with it's nice tempo. A great composition.

On the Souncloud page I asked if a new band is coming up; BlueMonger, or Tune Attitude?
I like to hear more from this!

Hans

#620984 - 10/28/20 07:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Great number. Cleaver hook line. Fantastic electric blues. Good bluesy vocals. Outstanding electric guitar licks. Hat's off to both of you (and the band too).

#621034 - 10/29/20 06:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
First of all, thanks again for the opportunity, TuneMonger. This is a wonderful blues song, and I love the lyrics. It's cool how you anthropomorphize The Blues. Man, that line "the devil's own informer" grabs me every time. So many cool rhymes. Then, when you told me Dave was adding guitar, man, that iced it.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on my vocal, but I have a version where TM sings a guide vocal and it's great. Inspiring even. It sure motivated me to a new level.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#621425 - 11/01/20 08:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Thanks to jpt, Hans, Greg, Misha, Stefan, J&B, Moto, Scott C, rayc, FJ, Leon, RKC, Mike, Peter, James and Dero for the positive feedback. It's great when you hear 100% positive reviews and you don't have to address anything. Of course, I'm always open to "that other kind of criticism." Can't get better without that stuff. Thanks again, everyone.

Bob (Tunemonger)

#621695 - 11/03/20 03:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Blues Around the Corner (with Blue Attitude and Babu Music) [Re: TuneMonger]
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: United States
Guys, I love that deep heavy sound coming through here...very effective!! Great work all the way around by everyone involved (lyrics, singing and playing). I think you all are on to something! Take care, T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

Forum Stats
36184 Members
64 Forums
74799 Topics
656919 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
JuanGonzales, hhendric, mariusnoah, Khalid Ali, RIASAGE

36184 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 244