Expert
Some smooth stuff here Al.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Nicely done as usual, am listening several times now, enjoying it with my lunch.

I think the problem with the MK lead RT is not that it makes everything sound like MK but it makes everything sound like Sultans of Swing. At least that's my experience with it. I'm still determined to find good use for it one of these fine days.

Thanks for this, Al!

TM ...

Thanks a bunch. Glad you liked it. I agree with you about the MK RT does tend to mold the entire groove of the project in the Sultans of Swing direction because it is such a strong influence on that particular song. My thought, as I approached this, was to a Mark Knopfler sound, rather than a Dire Straits sound, on a Smooth Jazz project that the likes of George Benson or Ken Navarro might have done. It was just one of the spur of the moment things that crossed my mind for who knows what reason.

Again, thanks a lot. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Great instrumental Alan, love the Guitar, all mixed perfectly together, radio ready as they say.

Really enjoyed the listen.

Hello MusicLover ...

Thank you very much for the listen and most kind words. I'm delighted you enjoyed it. Love the "radio ready" thought ... appreciate that! Wishing you well. Be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well done Al!

You are a highly talented machine stamping out one after another great BiaB instrumentals with remarkable consistency.

The hinted Knopler vibe was very cool as we are big fans of his playing and tone.

Great soundstage on our monitors ... just kick back and listen with no parsing needed.

Excellent!

J&B

Hey Folks ...

Sure did put a smile on my face as I read your comments. I have a dozen or so of these waiting in the wings. I'll be posting a new one every four or five days. I generally don't like to post a new one when the current one is still on the front page.

I appreciate you folks very much. Always a delight to read your comments. Many thanks.

Take care and be safe ...

Alan

dani48 #620417 10/24/20 06:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Al & Di !

This is simply put absolutely
wonderful music Al ! I am truly
lost for words ! It is true
masterpiece --WOW !!!!

Take care and stay safe !

Cheers
Dani

Dani ...

Well, that's an absolutely wonderful review! Thank you. I'm more than happy when you make such nice comments about our music. Wishing you the very best. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

vicarn #620418 10/24/20 06:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Some smooth stuff here Al.

Vic

Hi Vic ...

Well, thank you very much. I appreciate those kind comments/ Always a plerasure to hear from you. Take care and be safe ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan and sleeping beauty,

I was lucky to scroll through all the posts on your song, Alan. I wanted to say something about sleeping Di while you were creating a masterpiece before she woke up! Then I read Stefans'remarks. He started with that exact same sentence I had in mind!
I think we both got caught by the image Di taking a nap and in that same time you hurried on the sologuitar to get the solo done. When listening attentively I can hear you were in a hurry playing that solo.

I might have told you I am not very fond of instrumentals, except yours and recently also those of F.F.M and Tangmo (but yours first of course), and there is a reason for that; with your music on I can easely picturize myself somewhere in a lounge or whatever, behaving like a dandy and try to impress others... No not that, I just can see myself sipping my drink and enjoying your song. That's what happens when listening to your songs. And I like that!

But what I don't get is it only took you 6 hours to make this song, mixing it and mastering it too. I can be quick, but you beat me with this! And still it stays a very good song (while Di sleeps...). That's magic!
And what happened when she woke up? Was she anoyed you didn't make the food?

I enjoyed this song, Alan. Give Di my best regards,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,
you never fail. Love your arrangements! Very cool Bossa theme tune. To my ears, it is ace! I wish there would be more Bossa oriented RT/RD material available in BIAB smile Enjoyed my listen!
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Al-David,

Very well done instrumental. I didn't see any unpleasant interferences. I am amazed at the time you devote to complete your project. (speed). It's pleasant. What more.

Kindly regard

Dero13,
alias JaniJackFlash

Last edited by Dero13; 10/25/20 10:18 AM.

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Nice smooth jazz instrumental Alan!! Well put together and mixed!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very nice Al - very smooth, great guitar and a beautiful clean mix.
I particularly liked the change when you switched the drums to brushes. Tasty.
Another top-notch effort.
Best wishes to you and Di.
Cheers,
Mike

Mike Garry
BIAB 2022 (Build 927)/RealBand (5) (64bit), UltraPak, Kontakt, EZmix, Ozone 9 Elements, Hybrid 3, Audacity, Acer Predator, Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB ram, CPU: Intel i7.

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I don't know Mark Knopfler's playing or anything (I'm really useless with these things - now ask me about classical music and I will feel a little more at home there, haha) ... BUT: once more, when the track started, I just felt compelled to put everything else I was doing down and just sit and listen ... without taking notes, without commenting, without that voice in our heads (well, mine at least) that keeps people like me busy with mental chatter, etc. ... just listen and soak in.

To my ears, the guitar was superb, as was the rest of the track. A musical journey which kept my attention throughout. Really enjoyed it - thanks so much for sharing. I know I'm late on commenting on this track (I've been away for a while), but I always jump, pleasantly surprised and excited, whenever I see a new track of yours on here. Please keep them coming if you can - it's a genuine joy to listen.

User Showcase
E
Journeyman
Journeyman
E
Tasteful, nuanced, elegant, with enough riffs and accents to keep it interesting throughout. Listened a couple times through to fully appreciate it and soak it in - always a good sign.

Thanks Alan

Ed Z

Soundcloud profile
https://soundcloud.com/user-415064494
BIAB user since 2019
iPad Mini, Garageband for iOS, BIAB for Windows 2020 UltraPAK, Xtra Styles packs 6-9, Windows 10 Lenovo PC, Kontakt Player, SpitFire LABS, SampleTank 4 CS, some Soundfonts

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199