Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nice work! Loved the video, and the song was great too. Thought the mixing job was 100%, and the guitar work stood out a lot also. Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks a lot, Deyik, I'm glad you liked it. Maha was delighted to hear that you liked her mix.

Kind regards and best wishes to the entire staff,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Set the piano on fire and exit the stage!

That was wonderfully creatively cool!

You two looked great.

Love those moves!

Time to revisit the Chuck B library -- think we'll start with Ray's suggestion. BTW, all arguments aside we've always thought Chuck B was THE first rock star because, hey, you gotta play an electric guitar to earn that mantle.

Take EVERY accolade that has already been mentioned and apply a big J&B ditto to it!

Just plain ole fun.

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Stephan,

It's really cool how you managed to assemble this Chuck Berry collage. Anything that hearkens back to a simpler time always feels like a more enjoyable listen for me. Thanks for posting.

Hi Bawb,

thanks a lot for your nice comment; I really appreciate it a lot. Being almost 70 years old you won't be surprised to hear that my mu ;-)))

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Tens all around. Loved the tune and another very cool video. Love your work.

Hi Scott,

I really appreciate the very kind words you found for our stuff - thanks a lot.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Cool Chuck Berry mashup.........lots of pieces with the Chuck Berry spirit!! He was huge, and such a unique writer/performer......definitely worth this great tribute Stefan!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: rayc
PURE FUN and some excellent Berry n more riffing...extremely well done.

I did a tribute to Brian Wilson building a lyric on Beach Boy.Wilson lyrical snippets and titles. I even did it in mono - but had to remix it to stereo as NO ONE wanted to hear mono. Philistines!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-oL9YQQ3mc&ab_channel=raycochrane
It was in the days of dead simple vids for me.

This song AND video represent a major effort - Maha did a brilliant job.
Fun, rockin', fun and also a good brain tease trying to match titles to the songs in my head.
My fave Berry album is a Chess remaster 2 x CD thing at present...really good sound and Johnny Johnson can be heard pretty clearly in them.
EXCELLENT

Hi Ray,

I'm working my way through the expressions of thanks - please excuse the delay.

Well, that was a very uplifting and supportive comment you made - thanks an awful lot; I'm really glad you liked it. Knownng that it's hard to hide even the slightest faults from your Spock ears Maha was extremely delighted when I told her that even you found that she had done a brilliant job on the mix. Hope so badly that she will be able to go on letting my songs shine again not so far from now.

Well, well - I have to admit: You were way ahead of me. And I was so sure that no-one had ever had that idea before... But what the heck: Your Brian Wilson / Beach Boys tribute really deserved the like i added on YouTube - very cool!

With the Beach Boys it's like with some other bands: I started to really dig them as much as I do now long after they had their best times. I remember that I saw a BB concert on TV on a saturday afternoon decades ago when I was in a terrible mood. It took just two or three songs and I was toe-tapping and feeling good. From my recent point of view that is something very special and precious - making technically good music that can also lift people up. Al de Meola never did ;-)))...

Stay safe,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Stefan,

It's so good to have you back even though it may only be in measured quantities.

I was having some withdrawal symptoms without any of your videos. Now I have my fix.

You sure have the dancing moves. eek Love your Berry-style guitar playing.

Dear Scott,

withdrawal symptoms smile - that was really so nice of you ! I'm glad you liked the fix - made me think if there's a possibility to expand it to a vaccination one day (I know I should claim that it will be ready by next week)...

Thank you so very much, Scott - I really did appreciate every single word you wrote.

Stay healthy,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Everybody has already used most of the adverbs, adjectives, pronouns and superlatives so........

I will simply say, MAN I LIKE THIS. Probably my favorite from you so far.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 10/26/20 07:29 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Video of the Year!!!

Our Father of St. Louis approves!

And so do I!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, I can't even begin to imagine how much time it took to put this together, the video is just so well done! Just pure entertainment. Great seeing Maha in there too.

The song itself stands on it's own for any fans of rock and roll or Chuck Berry. A lot of those song titles are ones I didn't know to be honest, very clever how you incorporated them.

And you nailed his style too of course, all those double stops that he was famous for.

Enjoyed very much Stefan and Maha, and I wish you two nothing but the best.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks a lot, Leon. I was happy to read that you seem to have had a good time watching and listening. Your very kind and supportive comments are always most appreciated.

Stay safe,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Stefan & Maha

Wow! The amount of love and labor put into this! Totally fun to listen and to watch. Packed to the top with creativity and humor. Damn, you solved one hell of a word puzzle smile
Excellent playing and production.., just cool stuff in a raw. I think CB would approve it! Thank you for sharing. Stay well and take good care of Maha.

Misha.

Dear Misha,

I'm really glad we met your sense of humor again - thank you so much for your very kind and supportive comment.

Yes, it was quite some work - up to that point I hadn't been aware that there are databases that can supply you with the most detailed info about any artist and every single one of their songs I think without them I would have failed. For instance, I had not known that CB released a couple of songs under different song names. And although I knew that he had released a ton of songs during that long career the real number did surprised me,

You wondered how I had pictured you in the past... Well, less good looking (hope that makes your day cool )

Thanks again and all the very best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Awesome, amazing talent. I stand in awe smile

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Set the piano on fire and exit the stage!

That was wonderfully creatively cool!

You two looked great.

Love those moves!

Time to revisit the Chuck B library -- think we'll start with Ray's suggestion. BTW, all arguments aside we've always thought Chuck B was THE first rock star because, hey, you gotta play an electric guitar to earn that mantle.

Take EVERY accolade that has already been mentioned and apply a big J&B ditto to it!

Just plain ole fun.

J&B

Hi Janice, hi Bud,

again that was a very fine and kind comment - thanks a lot. You know that I appreciate your opinions (as well as you both as persons) a lot. Maha says 'Thank you', too.

And also thanks for your comment on YouTube.

We'll stay in contact - stay safe and healthy,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool Chuck Berry mashup.........lots of pieces with the Chuck Berry spirit!! He was huge, and such a unique writer/performer......definitely worth this great tribute Stefan!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks a lot, Greg, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Oh yes, Chuck was outstanding in so many aspects, and I think most of us owe a lot to him (even if they may not be aware of it).

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Everybody has already used most of the adverbs, adjectives, pronouns and superlatives so........

I will simply say, MAN I LIKE THIS. Probably my favorite from you so far.

And believe me, Herb: I sure liked your HUGE comment. Thanks a lot for your supportive and upliftig CAPS.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Video of the Year!!!

Our Father of St. Louis approves!

And so do I!

Hi TuneMonger,

video of the year? That sounds really great. Especially as it got already 57 views which I think is not bad for a video without a single cat starring... grin

Seriously: Thanks a lot for that great comment (and the Father's andyour approval, of course)- I'll be fully satisfied if at least some peole enjoy our stuff.

All the best

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The videos you guys make are the most entertaining works of art, Stefan & Maha. So happy to have another. Amazing show from start to finish. Chuck has always been my favorite lyricist, and your tribute is on that caliber. Wonderfully done. Thanks, and take care!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow, I can't even begin to imagine how much time it took to put this together, the video is just so well done! Just pure entertainment. Great seeing Maha in there too.

The song itself stands on it's own for any fans of rock and roll or Chuck Berry. A lot of those song titles are ones I didn't know to be honest, very clever how you incorporated them.

And you nailed his style too of course, all those double stops that he was famous for.

Enjoyed very much Stefan and Maha, and I wish you two nothing but the best.

Hi Dave,

I'm a bit belated - please excuse me for that.

Like always we were especially glad to read your fabulous comment, thanks a lot. It's always great to read that you enjoyed our stuff, and I did like the fact that you (as a really admirable guitarist) liked what I played and noticed those double-stops.

Have a pleasant sunday and keep on taking care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Awesome, amazing talent. I stand in awe smile

Hi ghostgum,

blush well, of course it hadn't been our intention to make people stand in awe - we're just more than happy, if they enjoy watching and listening.

Thank you so much for your kind comment and stay well,

Stefan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,530
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200