Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
HI PG. re dropped files/plug in.
i "know" why you did the biab drag/drop folder.
to make it easy for new users. perfectly logical.
but there is a small issue/flaw.
when a user starts a new song you need a message right up front ; a file dialog "where do you want the dropped/plug in files to go ??".

please let me explain my work flow which i hope makes sense.
i'm sure lots of other people have the same workflow.

PROCEDURE.

1. before each new year starts i set up a folder on the computer.
named SONGS plus THE YEAR.
so coming 2021 will be SONGS2021 folder.

2. within SONGS2021 folder will be a folder for each song i do in 2021.
so lets say by march 2021 ive done 3 songs. lets call them,
donkey rhumba, pussycat chacha, and rockin budgies lol.
on the computer by end of march will be 3 seperate folders within the main SONGS2021 folder.
DONKEYJAN, CATFEB, and BUDGIESMAR.

3. lets take the song donkey rhumba.
within DONKEYJAN folder will be saved all the biab files related to the donkey rhumba song, as well as all the recorded traks from my daw multitrack software.
a central song repository.
(in my case RB or reaper, other people, cubase/mixcraft/nuendo/traction/audacity/whatever daw they use.)
as well as notes on the song etc etc. and of course test mixdowns, final stereo mix, and final mp3 mix etc.

thus while useing the plug in and dropped files feature i dont want to use the biab drag/drop folder but point to the folder i use for the particular song.
eg when i'm doing traks for donkey rhumba useing the plug in and/or drops, i want everything to go to the DONKEYJAN folder NOT the built in biab drag/drop folder.
otherwise i have to move audio from the biab drag/drop folder to the my song folder.
see what i mean ??

i hope this makes sense. maybe there is a way to do it currently. but i dont seem to find it.
(yes ive tried the little plug in files menu.)
so ive reverted to the old way, exporting from biab each audio and/or midi into the appropriate song folder. eg for donkey rhumba exporting from biab donkey to DONKEYJAN folder.

please tell me if i'm an idiot and missing something.
my file organisation makes archiving by year etc organised.
so all my songs are organised by year. easy peasy.

i guess i need an explanation of, when useing the plug in , where is the audio being held on the computer. temp files perhaps ?? this is particularly confuseing me.
for example, the traks come up in the daw screen. where are the files ??

respectfully
muso.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I believe that you need to choose during save, but I am confused by some of your terminology. At first you mentioned BiaB drag and drop folder are you speaking about BiaB plugin VSTI or the plugin feature in the main program?

If your talking about the VSTi inside your DAW that would be a setting in the DAW or a choice when saving.

If your talking about the drag folder setup in BiaB then that is setup through BiaB preferences I believe.

I’m sorry if I am not understanding you.

Oh okay I see where your going and will investigate and get back

Last edited by Rob Helms; 10/28/20 02:45 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
clarification/rob.

basically i want ANY traks transferred, dropped or exported out of BIAB to go into the folder i, rather than biab, designates.
thus with the donkey rhumba song. i would want all biab output to go into DONKEYJAN.
(ie nothing to do with third party plug ins , in a daw. other than biab as a plug in of course in the daw if i'm useing biab in plug in mode.)
to further clarify, also when i drag the traks onto the daw from biab, i want them to of course go into my designated folder once again. ie. DONKEYJAN.

basically rob , whatever the mode biab is in, plug in mode
or normal; i want all traks to end up in my designated
folder. in normal mode its fine. but its the other modes
that i'm haveing difficulty with.

thanks.
oldmuso.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:
(in my case RB or reaper, ...)

Script Copy BB Plugin Files to Reaper Project Folder

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BBvst-Save-Folder.png (78.71 KB, 61 downloads)
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
pipeline.
as always, your amazeing/helpfull.

so i run this script with the biab plug in ??
but yes the save in my case useing the example of the donkey rhumba song, would be to the DONKEYJAN folder i assume ??

(btw , i came into reaper at v 0.99 if i remember.
an early user all those years ago.
took all kinds of barbs as a result. but i'm stubborn lol.
but as a tech i knew it was special. )

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
It will copy any media from the source folder location to the Reaper
project
C:\bb\BBPlugin\SavedTracks\2020-10-22, 10-39-57
to
C:\Users\oldmuso\Documents\REAPER Media\DONKEYJAN\donkey rhumba song

There might be an update for that script, check here
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=225489

ReaTrak has lots of scripts for Biab and Biab Plugin.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=212645

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
pipeline.
fyi. in the very early days of reaper i messaged JF, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. asking for a NEW DAW ORIENTED OS,
lean and mean that cuts out all the fluff.
every night , lol, i still pray for such.
(ive seen other views similar to mine out of frustration
with todays big generalised operating systems.)
maybe the daw and the OS programmed in assembler.
thus lightning fast.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,476
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195