Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: A_R
What specifically is the problem you have with Delphi code? I'd love to know what you feel it's limitations are.

Don't ask me, ask every single DAW company why they don't use Delphi and why they have identical Mac/Win versions released at the same time ?

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I know I always say about the "old Delphi" but you see with the Plugin code the Mac/Win both look identical, both have the same features, both are released at the same time. This way the Plugin for both version could be released in Dec, the Mac Plugin would not have to wait for the BBW4.app into the next year.

If you want to "a complete rewrite" you could use Delphi, sure, but why ?
The Plugin is developed quickly without limitations, all the limitations are with the BBW4 side and waiting for a communication line to be added.
The deal is the "OLD" code that has to be modified, I would say that is where the bottle neck is, that these things aren't just "DONE" as they would be if it was ALL done in the Plugin code....

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
A
A_R Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A
What specifically is the problem you have with Delphi code? I'd love to know what you feel it's limitations are.

Don't ask me, ask every single DAW company why they don't use Delphi and why they have identical Mac/Win versions released at the same time ?

Don't you think that's a little ignorant? You're harshly criticizing a programming language and development environment you know nothing about.

I know I always say about the "old Delphi" but you see with the Plugin code the Mac/Win both look identical, both have the same features, both are released at the same time. This way the Plugin for both version could be released in Dec, the Mac Plugin would not have to wait for the BBW4.app into the next year.

FL Studio is written in Delphi.

The Plugin is developed quickly without limitations, all the limitations are with the BBW4 side and waiting for a communication line to be added.
The deal is the "OLD" code that has to be modified, I would say that is where the bottle neck is, that these things aren't just "DONE" as they would be if it was ALL done in the Plugin code....

Honestly you're just making things up that make little sense.

What exactly is "Plugin code"

And what makes you think that "Plugins" can not be written in Delphi?

I've yet to run across anything that can be done in C++ than can not be done in Delphi.

I don't see any advantage to doing a complete rewritten in C++ or C#, when Delphi is just robust, unless you're coders are not familiar with Delphi.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P

"unless you're coders are not familiar with Delphi. "

Yes that is a good idea let's write it all in Delphi Plugin and all, every man and his dog is familiar with Delphi because they all learn it now, this way we can still have Biab RealBand and BB Plugin in Delphi in 2050. My Niece is at UNI and that is the first thing she learned.
Sorry I think I have been at it too long and get a bit confused, silly me frown

Yeah Rewrite would be nice, after playing around with the plugin, I ended abandoning the plugin and up going back to just dragging the wave files Band in a Box generates into my DAW, but then of course anytime I make a change to the song in Band in a Box I have to go through and do it all over again.

Ideally I'd rather have the full version of Band In Box running and synced together with my DAW as a slave.

I see the Delphi VST you made here, Thank you sooo much:
A VST to send Tempo/Play/Stop/Loop/Continue to main Biab app from DAW

I would have respect for you if I saw you helped in any way to fix issues or create any thing to help Biab users, as with the vast programming knowledge you have I can't see why you would not do this ????
But when I look I see you have given 0, F all, but always asking.
Why ? Maybe you are just a Master Debater ?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Please guys, be mindful of forum guidelines about getting personal in your arguments. No need.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
A
A_R Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
A

I would have respect for you if I saw you helped in any way to fix issues or create any thing to help Biab users, as with the vast programming knowledge you have I can't see why you would not do this ????
But when I look I see you have given 0, F all, but always asking.
Why ? Maybe you are just a Master Debater ?

I'm still trying to figure out what any of this has to do with Delphi, and judging by your word salad response ... so are you.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Ok I will retract everything I said and do as you suggest, end of story.

Yes that is a good idea let's write it all in Delphi Plugin and all, every man and his dog is familiar with Delphi because they all learn it now, this way we can still have Biab RealBand and BB Plugin in Delphi in 2050. My Niece is at UNI and that is the first thing she learned.
Sorry I think I have been at it too long and get a bit confused, silly me smile

Yours sincerely,
pipeline.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
MY XMAS WISHES FOR BIAB 2021.
1. in the stylepicker some style demoes assume net access.
but the problem is a lot of studios keep their studio computers off the net. like mine. for security reasons.
plz just include all demos of styles with the product. eg the usb drive. or with updates....

Style Demos Audio - optional download (Full) (6.5 GB)

That is old unless there is an update it ?
The way I did it was save all the style list to text (option at the bottom) then imported to Excel, removed all columns but the style name, added .wma on the end and the pg site link where it previews the demos from when you are on the net in front of the styles_name.wma
saved as html and downloaded with a download manager.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
pipeline.
thanks. that excel good idea.
i get loads of song ideas just listening to examples on the pg site. its a v nice resource.
merry xmas.
muso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 12/12/20 03:01 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
The way I would find styles, was copy D:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio
to a thumb drive and play them back randomly in the car on long drives, when I hear one I like I look at the name in the display and make a note.
This is a directory print, there are just over 8K in the list:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB21-Style-Demos.txt (111.67 KB, 3 downloads)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Here's an update, just remove the .txt

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB21-Style-Demos2.html.txt (942.46 KB, 4 downloads)
Styles-Download.png (90.04 KB, 24 downloads)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195