Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#623114 11/13/20 09:57 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The old machine is acting up again so I am fed up with it.

There are some of the general ideas I had for new hardware.

See anything that could be better?

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
My computer build list for the last 15 years has been to wait until my son builds himself a new one and gives me his old one.

I didn't realize what a good long term investment it was to teach him how to build computers starting when he was 7 or 8.

Since he's still a gamer, everything he builds is really high end.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 11/14/20 12:36 AM.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
billy.
i'm a tech. i wont comment on specific parts in that build as the parts landscape changes rapidly.
a grreat thread to read (VERY LONG) is at gearslutz.com,
music computers section forum >"today we build our studio pc" thread pinned at the forum top.
go to the most recent posts 2019/2020.

would like to know your needs.
1. will you be useing a gonzo load of resource hogging plug ins and/or sample libraries ??
2. in any song what are the max no of traks you anticipate recording/playing back at what sample rate ??
will you be recording multiple inputs at a time ??
eg 8 mics to 8 discreet traks sorta idea. ?
3. do you have a decent audio interface ?? for mic's etc etc.

one thing i DO notice.
if were me get TWO SSD's , one for win and one to record to.
i would also invest in a startech or equivalent box (looks like a toaster.) 40 buks.
and put a couple of ssd's in it for fast back up.
i have one .
great for backing up win plus songs etc. FLEXIBILITY.

frankly i could knock a lot of money off that build by buying
a refurb pc. i LOVE refurbs.
for 1700 buks i could buy 2 nice refurb pc beasts.
advantages are.
1. money saveings you can put to other studio gear.
eg low latency audio interface.
2. they are cleaned up to boot fast and warrantied.

the KEY with refurbs is to do what i do.
i take the biab ultrapak drive to the refurb store,
and test it in store with the refurb i like.

another option if you dont mind spending large is to buy
a pc SPECIFICALLY BUILT FOR RECORDING STUDIOS.
this can be a great solution.
(gearslutz again search "custom pc". lots of companies
are on GS.)

anyhoo tell me your answers to my q's. re your needs.

best.
muso.
ps tell me bout the config of your old pc. maybe it just needs an inexpensive upgrade.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 11/14/20 03:29 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I’ll bet ‘acting up’ is more likely from software than hardware.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
+1 on the suggestion for 2 SSDs. If it were me I would also put 64GB of RAM in it. As long as you are spending and building, max it out. Windows 10 Pro will support up to 2 TB of RAM. I'd put in as much as you choose to spend money for to cut down on the swap process. If you max the RAM out you may never even see a swap file! You may have to check what the motherboard will support too. No clue what a 1TB stick of RAM costs, but I suspect there may be a mortgage involved...

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
So...To answer some of the questions. The power supply in the current unit is from 2009 along with the two 1 TB SATA drives, and CD and case,switches,video card, ethernet card, firewire card. Five year old motherboard and i7 intel.

I installed a clean 2 TB SSD and reimaged and took out the SADA drives back a few months ago because the system was stopping without reason. None of my current virus software can find any issue. Norton, TotalAv...

It did the same thing a couple of times yesterday. Running without issue today.

It is possible but pretty unlikely I may track a drum kit 10 or more microphones plus gates plus midi triggers.

I have in the past recorded bass, drums, guitar, keys.

My NORMAL use is me and one or two others tracking at the same time.

It is pretty rare for me to use up more than 25 tracks

As there is no longer a driver that is stable for my ProFire 2626 I am considering buying this. Nor sure, cost half the price of the computer at 1K.

I can go to 64 gigs of ram but it seems like overkill but could be useful for the minimal video stuff I do.

I will go pull the logs from yesterday.

Last edited by Planobilly; 11/14/20 09:07 AM.

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I also was thinking to use this....Rosewill RSV-SATA-Cage-34 - Hard Disk Drives - Black, 3 x 5.25" to 4 x 3.5" Hot-Swap - SATA III / SAS - Cage for backup

The Samsung 970 SSD sets in a slot on the motherboard.

I am also replacing the two 250 HP yamaha outboards with 300HP.. I got no issue with over kill!

Just to make it clear, all internal drives will be SSD.

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I ran all the logs. There is nothing in the red except Bonjour Services. Apple stuff...I am not sure I need.

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
billy.
1. have you ever had tested the power supply in your current pc.
if its 2009. you just might need a new power supply.
happened to me once. if were me i would have a pc tech check it out.
2. if you DO want a change of pc , why dont you consider,
as i said a "turnkey option".
ie you just "turn the key". everything is included, tested including the audio interface by a custom builder of recording
studio pc's. and you get a warranty. and no build worries.
yes its a tad expensive, but lots of studios do it.

heres an example to read about. one of many.
(make sure you get user references.)
https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/custom/daw-digital-audio-workstation-pcs

i'm just concerned. some builds one does diy work.
but some have teething problems.
also, one want a pc thats quiete. "ssh" lol.

btw. re your needs. you didnt mention any heavy plug in useage. do you use lotsa vsti's and other plug ins ?
maybe your occasional "hiccup" is caused by a plug in.
difficult to say as i'm not there.

best.
muso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 11/14/20 11:44 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Muso,

One of the first things I did was check the power supply. When this first started giving me issues a few months back I ran several stress test on the PC. I installed a new larger heat sink on the CPU and that seemed to solve the issue. I also installed a two new Samsung 2TB SSDs and removed the HHD SADA drives. So...I am about 99% sure there is no virus. I did a clean install of Windows 10 pro.

The power is pretty unpredictable here so I have had a large UPS for some time.

There are many places to buy a computer but the one I will build for 2K cost 4K to buy, more that a "tad" expensive...lol This one has run without issue for over ten years until a few months ago.

I have had a couple of my computer friends who are CCIE's take a look without finding any issues. Whatever is going on is intermittent.

I have two other desktop machines and two laptops. They are all running normally.

There are several reasons I want a new machine. One reason is that I built this one in a standard 4U rack mounted case. It only has room for one fan and is not tall enough to put a radiator cooling system in.

The machine has been cycled on and off somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 to 10 thousand times.I had given some thought to using hot swappable hard drives for backup
storage but changed my mind.

Thank you for the feedback.

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 11/14/20 08:16 PM.

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Billy, I just got over a major computer crash. I tried to solve the problem but it was way over my pay grade so I took to a computer shop that I had complete confidence. They were scratching their heads for two weeks. Even though the power supply was tested it turned out that was the intermittent problem. It happened to "flinch" while they were looking at it. A very quick and very short lack of power messed up my C drive. A change of power supplies solved the problem. So even though the power supply tested OK it really wasn't. Maybe you should change power supplies and see what happens?

Last edited by MarioD; 11/15/20 03:44 AM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Mario,

Actually I have one on order. The intent is to keep this computer running and also build a new one.

Today it started and is running without issue.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
billy.
where i come from there is an old truism amongst techs.
Q. how does one tell a good tech ?
A. the one with many years of experience who sometimes says "i just dont know".
thus i dont know how to advise you further. too many variables.
plus the tech is changeing so fast, and one can always run into probs on any config.
thus you will find lots of good techs are leery giving advise
on diy builds.

but i WILL comment on the following.
1. POWER. as youve commented on interruptions both with local power and your pc,
have you found any TIME correlation tween when your local power dipped/whatever /ups kicking in,
and hiccups on the pc ? IE SAME TIME.
possibly, no matter how small , it takes a small time for your ups to kick in.
thus a hiccup.
are you talking whole house generac type ups you have ? or local pc ups ?
2. THE NEXT STEP.
if youve followed my exchanges with simon on here (a very knowledgeable pgmusic staff person) you will see we both like refurb computers. because one can save a bunch of money,
and they are cleaned up/warrantied, and are powerfull "beasts".. i can buy refurb "beasts" for 600 to 700 bucks.
i7's//xeons off lease with loads of ram, just need to install 2 ssd's and come with lotds of usb ports for connecting such things as usb audio interfaces etc,
so this is another option. i always get a warranty , and signed paper i can return system within a certain time frame if i have probs. or if my audio interface wont work.
i also make sure i can return any audio interface.
i look for in store fast boot ups into biab and my music software. plus i go into rb and see how many traks.
action>>test audio performance.

if you STILL feel doing a diy is the best for you.
THEN i would at least get into this "building your own pc thread" loads of experts on it.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/560019-quot-today-we-build-our-studio-pc-quot-thread.html

peace.
muso.
ps still i have no info as to how many plug ins you might use in the future.
this makes a difference.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 11/15/20 04:28 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Muso,

I have about 100 vst's on this system. 500 gigs of software. I am normally not using a lot of plugins. I have a UPS on this computer. There is nothing I can tell about the timing of the power outages and the computer issue. It is not hard to predict the future if the past is any indication...more of everything...lol The software just gets bigger every year.

I have no reason to complain about the current machine. I built it somewhere around 2008. Replaced the processor and motherboard about five years ago. Nothing last forever.

I got a Dell refurb last year to run a CNC program for my milling machine. It has been OK.

I got a HP Laptop for my wife with an AMD ryzen. Worst POC I ever bought. That is the second AMD processor I have owned and likely the last. Even after I reimaged and got rid of all the HP bloatware and installed a SSD it is still pretty slow.

It is less of an issue to build a vocal isolation booth than try to deal with the computer noise. I keep the guitar amps in the garage. Some of this is not being used at the moment because of Covid-19.

I also build high quality tube guitar amps.

It is next to impossible to to figure out what is going with a piece of electronics without logging on to the machine.

When I posted the parts list I was just looking for general information.

My lawyers wife is a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert. Problem is she works about six zillion hours a week...lol I have another really good friend who also is a CCIE. I always get a lesion in Mandarin everytime I talk to Wayne...lol

Over the years I have found it is better to find and fix my own mistakes than try to fix someone else's screw ups. Owning boats and airplanes will make you think like that.

Thanks,

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I agree about the PS. Just replace it and make it bigger than you think you need. They're not that expensive. Otherwise I would change the whole build to the new AMD Ryzen processor. They're blowing the Intel's into the weeds at less cost. It's not even close, if you follow the stock market this is the reason Intel stock is down about 15% and AMD is up after both reported earnings a few weeks ago.

Unless you have other reasons to have such a powerful machine like video transcoding, working with huge databases and the like you have no need at all for 64 gigs of ram or anything like that. 25 tracks of audio and a few plugins is nothing. That can be run perfectly on a Surface Go with that weak Intel M processor and 8 gigs of ram. If you don't believe that check out the Molten Music videos about music production on various Surface tablets. He got something like 75 tracks all running plugins using an audio test file using a bunch of daws like Pro Tools, Abelton, Studio One etc on that stupid little Surface Go.

Biab can only use a fraction of what you're talking about. We've all done lots of tests on this over the years checking on Biab generation times on different systems. Once you get to a late model i5, 8 gigs of ram or better, the generation times rendering 7 RT's on a song with say 200 bars is roughly 10 seconds or so. Some might get 8 seconds, some 12, that's it. A monster machine does nothing to speed that up. The only reason for lots of ram in audio DAW work is when you're using a big sample based sound library like Kontakt or Sampletank and you're loading 40 tracks of samples into RAM for fast playback and rendering. Then you could need 50-60 gigs of RAM. You're talking about a few tracks at a time that may need a few gigs at the most.

Check out the new Ryzens vs Intel on YT, you'll be shocked. Especially for high end gaming, it's not just a few percent better it's like 20-25% better and faster. And cheaper. And, not just the CPU, it's much less for the mobo's as well. We all used to think AMD was the cheaper weak sister to Intel. That's history now and from what I've read that's not going to change anytime soon because Intel has boxed themselves into a bit of a corner.

I missed your comment about having two Ryzens and they were both crap. Can't comment on that much but I can say I built my own desktop office machine 3 years ago using the early generation Ryzen 3000 something chip with 16 gigs RAM and it's been fast and perfect. Those are old chips now, the new ones were just released over the last few months.

I use it to log into the office network. As a test at the time I plugged in my Biab HD and it gave me the same generation times I get on my now 6-7 years old i7 with 16 gigs of RAM I use in my little home studio. The full specs on that are in my sig.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 11/16/20 10:05 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Bob,

There are other things I am doing on the computer beside music. Video for one thing.

Everyone I talk too is saying how good the new AMD Ryzen processors are. The two I have bought have been real disappointments. Perhaps the issues had nothing to do with the processor.

Anyone here actually running a Ryzen 9?

No one here seems to understand the limits of a 4U rack mount case. There is no room to install a larger power supply. There is no place to install another fan without machining the top of the case.

I don't know what I may want to do with a computer in the near future so I set a budget of around $2000 and want the best machine I can build for that amount of money.

My current decision is about which processor and a motherboard. If AMD is truly better then that is what I want. I don't care if it is cheaper or more expensive. Cost is not the driving factor to some extent.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Bob, I will always disagree with anybody who says more RAM is overkill or anything similar to that. Since programs run in RAM, if you tend to have 6-7 programs running, you are increasing the demand for a swap operation that eats CPU cycles. As it is I have a hard drive dedicated for JUST the swap file. I don't want my system using the C drive for virtual RAM. And even on the 64 GB computer I run a lot of programs at once and want to keep the swap operation to a minimum. There is a lot of misunderstanding in the general public about RAM and swapping to virtual RAM.

Right now on a "nothing" sort of day I have 2 browsers running, a word pro and a spreadsheet program, and 2 video camera monitoring software.

I am actually thoroughly amazed at how many people don't know what RAM REALLY does. Just like how people think their hard drives are "memory". Man I used to make a lot of money off people like that!!

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/16/20 10:27 AM.

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Eddie, can you show me where the any key is?...lol

On a serious note, ram is pretty cheap nowadays. Same with high quality SSD's.

A little story about going cheap.

One of my fishing buddies decided he would buy a LP 1200 deep drop reel and a custom rod from the same builder I use. He cried the blues about the cost of the braided line but got it anyway.
He refused to spend the $5 dollars a good snap swivel cost.

The first Sword fish we got to the boat broke the cheap snap swivel and we lost the fish.

$4000 for the reel, $700 for the rod, $300 for the line, $30 for the leader, $200 worth of bait, $1000 worth of fuel, ice, food, wear and tear on the boat, 100 miles of beating me around the ocean and then total failure over a damn $5 dollar snap swivel.

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm aware of all that Eddie, I just don't work like that but since you do great, the more RAM the better. If I start a project which would be music 90% of the time and some video editing maybe 10% I close all other programs down. Just habit I guess. Since this is a music production forum I'm focused on that. Don't forget, the more stuff that's running when you're trying to record, mix, render audio the more chances of getting glitches. It's stuff like that that causes so many threads that go on and on here until finally at the end the person comes clean with something like what you're doing. They shut the crap down, clean the system up and all is well but it takes days sometimes to finally dig it out of the guy.

Many, many problems are also caused by people who "think" they're computer pro's who constantly tweak the crap out of their systems, add 3rd party stuff that's supposed to "help" and the next thing they know their audio is a mess. I've never, ever had any problems at all with my computer based audio setups in 15 years because I run a rock stock Windows system. No tweaks, no outside crap, no nothing. I let MS do automatic updates and that's it. Andrew confirmed that a few years ago when he answered the question who has the most problems with their systems? It was those guys who think they know better.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Hey Eddie, can you show me where the any key is?...lol

Next to the Easy button.

My favorite is the people who only 2 things and they answer every question with those 2 things. One is to "defrag your hard drive". Well, let's look at that. Defragmentation pulls pieces of a file and rewrites them in a contiguous manner. Now, what do those files do? They load. When you are done, they save. They don't go back and forth during operation. So what does the state of the hard drive have to do with OPERATION? It has to do with storage and loading time. But that apparently makes them think they know computers.

The other is "update your drivers." Again, let's look at that. The driver you have worked YESTERDAY. And the day before, and the day before that. Computer logic and troubleshooting does not contain the word "something" or the word "messed up", as in "Something could have messed up your driver." No. Just no. And because a company releases and updated driver does NOT means that the old driver will not continue to function. It may have fixed some minor issue, but if your driver is working fine, was working fine yesterday and the day before, there is NO NEED to run out and update a working driver. Driver fixes are for when something that worked yesterday stops working. But again, people who want to seem "in the know" drop that cliche regularly. Most can't give a working definition of what a driver is, but they know that if you update them your whole computer world gets sunny again!!

The memory issue will always be debated. To apply it to this place, let me offer this nugget to think about. When you regenerate something, this software saves undo data. In a buffer. A buffer consumes memory. I can work on my downstairs computer with 16GB and on my upstairs computer with 64GB, and upstairs I can do FAR many of those regens and saves of undo files before the program say "no mas". Eventually those buffers fill up and the program crashes. Rebooting to clear the memory registers fixes the problem, and on you go.

This is similar in concept to cars going 100 mph. Any car will go 100. The difference is how long it takes to get there and how long you can run at 100. You can use an i3 with 4GB of RAM and surf just fine. It's when you start taxing it that things go south.

I actually had a guy tell me once as I was sitting at his computer that "The error said something about a page error and I wasn't even printing anything!" I was really tempted to tell him to box the thing up and return it to the store because he was too stupid to own a computer.

My best moment ever was the day that I was fixing a very badly infected computer and as I scanned it kept directing me to 3 specific and very deeply buried directories. As I sat there working the woman never put down her bible and rosary, and the whole room was all Jesus pictures and crosses and stuff. When the AV program quit I looked at those directories and found a bunch of files named things like bhhgsdhjgjhasg.mp4 or .mov and I said "The viruses seem to be attached to files in that directory. Let me see what's going on." And I launched one to find some of the most explicit [*****] I had ever seen. I knew immediately what the story was, but she said "Open a few more of those. So I opened 4 random files in those directories, and they were all the same thing. She said "Excuse me while I make a quick call." and she called him and said "Hey the computer guy is here and he found a bunch of virus infected files. Do you mind of we erase all of your [*****] because that's where they are." And then a pause. And then "Oh you bet we will talk about it later." So I erased almost 6 GIGABYTES of [*****] and the computer was fine after that. I have never felt so bad for a customer.

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/16/20 11:48 AM.

2. Send it to us.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,560
Posts734,411
Members38,491
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
VIPBET사설토토, GlebeGreg, michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE
38,491 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184