While working for the DSL company we had a group of people in Toccoa Ga who lived in a gated golf course community. The homes started at 1.2 million. Because of the infrastructure, they could only get 3mbps DSL that costs $12.99 a month. 5 miles west of them literally on the wrong side of the tracks, they had upgraded infrastructure and could get 12mbps that costs $49.95 a month. However, the people over there were so poor they couldn't afford that speed and most subscribed at 1.5mbps for $9.99 a month. 87 houses n the golf course all signed a petition pledging that they would remain customers for a minimum of 2 years if the could get the 12mbps service. I know all of this to be true because I orchestrated the whole thing. One of the guys was really savvy and intelligent and together we wrote the petition. He went door to door to every house in the complex and every single one of them signed. He then scanned every one and emailed them to me. I printed out all 87 of them and went into my bosses office explaining that this would not only mean these 87 households would sign on for 12mbps at $49.95 a month but likely many others fed by that DSLAM.

Here is how bad that company was.

My boss told me to go back to my desk and do MY job and not be playing planning engineer, that they had people for that.

So, 87 houses pledged to sign for faster service at an increase of $37 a month for a minimum of 2 years. That meant I potentially generated $77,256 in new revenue for the company over 2 years, if ONLY those 87 houses signed on!

3 weeks later that upgrade plan started. And they fired me for doing another department's work.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.