You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#624010 - 11/19/20 10:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

With Biab it generates up the track into RAM then plays from there,
BBW4 (Biab) will do the same for the Plugin then writes it to a wav file.

If I drop a wav/wma from my RealTracks folder into Reaper, slice it up, change the pitch, stretch and rearrange it, (Non Destructive Editing)
when I play it back it will still be playing the same original untouched source wav file.
Couldn't you get the Plugin to do the same ?
Rather than all the time waiting for it to be generated to wav files,
it should be way quicker to generate up just the reference data and play direct from the wav/wma source files.
Then the time would be just in the render to wav when you finally get what you need, rather than all the render time for something that may not be right, not to mention all the SavedTracks hard drive space.
That's why with the Vol/Pan and more audio sends it can be all done in the Plugin without using any hard drive space or long render times.
I know if I generate a track in Reaper with a script pulling the needed sections out of a wav file to fit the chord track it's instant,
it's only simple random matching where as Biab will do more musical calculations but it should be near as quick, it would have to be as quick as generating midi.
So moving just the necessary generate code from BBW4 into the BiabVST code would give you instant play.

It's like if I freeze all the tracks in Biab and save to SGU it will store all the reference data for the tracks: file, bar/s, time start/time end, transpose and stretch amount.
So if I open this SGU in the BiabVST it should be able to read and play those section direct from file without generating into RAM then rendering to wav.

See pic below Reaper is just pulling out sections of wav that match the chord track, it will just play direct from the source until I render it.

Then this is the render time in the next pic, it will render all those sections to a new wav on your hard drive.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#624121 - 11/20/20 02:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Pipeline]
Simon - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

I believe part of the reason is to keep system requirements down as low as possible.

Currently Band-in-a-Box will run on just about anything - pretty sure it'll run on a potato. If we program BB to render everything in realtime, then our users who are still running some very old computers will need a faster CPU, more Ram, faster hard drive, etc.

Granted, I would support having "realtime" as the default and keeping the old "generate" as an option for those who are still running potatoes. But I'm not in development so I have no idea how much coding it would take to do it all in realtime.

#624126 - 11/20/20 02:59 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Simon - PG Music]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
...then our users who are still running some very old computers will need a faster CPU, more Ram, faster hard drive, etc. ....

We are talking about the BiabVST not Biab that old users with old PC's with a Pentium 100 use, we are talking about users with high end DAW's not PowerTracks, this is what the BiabVST was made for. You can't hold back modern day studio users with high end DAW's because of old users from the 90's.
That's why I said get all the generate code into the BiabVST then development will be at the speed of light away from the old BBW4 code.
There will still always be a Delphi Band In A Box for all those users that are comfortable and at home with it.

#624274 - 11/21/20 01:26 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Here's a video playing back the 24bit 48KHz files that are pitched and stretched with non destructive editing in real time, these files are all on a USB 3.0 drive same as RT/RDs.
So if the BB Plugin can move to this method there won't be any wait time, it will play a frozen SGU from Biab instantly in your DAW.

I put all this info up as there are big (good) changes coming so I might be doing other things and might not be around too much.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szd9wcytf2vgv78/Reaper-24bit-48KHz.mp4?dl=0

Edited by Pipeline (11/21/20 06:39 PM)

#624496 - 11/23/20 01:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

This is an actual RealTrack playing direct from the Biab RealTracks folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/maxphbq184wg3sx/Reaper-RealTrack.mp4?dl=0

#626142 - 11/29/20 04:17 AM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Now with the Audio Sends you would be able to leave the tracks in the Plugin as data without having to render to wav and drag into the DAW tracks, you just render the DAW project.

#628080 - 12/06/20 02:32 AM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Here's 1/8 changes with a RealTrack playing direct from the bb\RealTracks folder, so it should be easily doable in the Plugin.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lpq2hoes8eqe84/8th-Chord-Changes.mp4?dl=0

Same deal with the RealDrums playing direct from the bb\Drums folder

#634588 - 01/05/21 01:18 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Pipeline]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Another thing, using track data you should be able to highlight a section of chords, right click copy data, then paste data over the same chords in another section.
So if you have a riff you like playing in one spot you can copy it to another, all without wav rendering time same as I can in Reaper.

To give you an example how easy this works I put a RealTrak and RealDrum in a Reaper project, just remove the .mp4 from the download below.
RT 372 & NashvilleSwing Example wav.rpp.mp4

The project will look for
\bb\RealTracks\Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120\AcG011.wav
bb\Drums\NashvilleSwing8^\nashvilleswing8^_110_Style.wav
so point Reaper to those folder when prompted.
If you don't have wav just convert those two files from wma to a wav also.

Attachments

#635295 - 01/09/21 06:50 AM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Pipeline]
justanoldmuso Offline
Journeyman

pipeline.
happy new year.
notice your graphic before the last one ?
showing reatrak at bottom ?
wouldnt it be great if my bb chord view wish showed all those different reatrak song sections as matching tabs at the top of biab chord view ?
see what i mean ?
best.
muso.

#635411 - 01/09/21 03:35 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: justanoldmuso]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

YES, I think have the Tab name/color whatever you name and color the song section as, this way you are not limited to a set of names and colors.
It's a good idea, it's all doable and other users have been requesting it also, but what can you do ? hope wish pray ??
If Biab had scripting we could make it up right now.

Attachments

#635640 - 01/10/21 05:37 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: Pipeline]
justanoldmuso Offline
Journeyman

pipeline.
yep wish bb had scripting.
frankly i'm teed off.
i'm not bothering posting suggestions in wishlist anymore, cos it seems other users dont care much.
i mean c'mon tabs in chordview is obvious. like above in reaps. also obvious is changeing the oddball chorus feature.
i feel we are both "tilting at windmills".

sorry but i think i'm going to be on here less.
careing bout this stuff isnt worth it.
just this week i had to do more workarounds.

regarding support for ancient pc's, thats why i hinted in the
wishlist to have an early warning system so people didnt
crash etc etc when trying to load in some cpu hogging crazy plug ins.
but noone seemed to support that idea.
one person maybe. sigh.

keep up your great work, and much respect to you.
muso.

Edited by justanoldmuso (01/10/21 05:46 PM)

#635647 - 01/10/21 06:23 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: Instant Generate & Play of RealTracks/Drums in BiabVST [Re: justanoldmuso]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

BB needs to hire The Workarounds but Reaper don't it goes solo.
I went through years of frustration and stress until I found Reaper and scripting and now with the BBPlugin I think just about anything you can conceive of, you can create in Reaper.
Rather than hoping wishing praying cursing.. for it in BB you can get it started now in Reaper.

With the Song Section Tool I made up, I could add that with the Chord Sheet so whatever song section it's on it will display that without any BBPlugins showing.
This would also work without the BBPlugins.

Attachments

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021? Make sure you update for free today!

Windows users will see speedier rendering, MIDI improvements, RealTracks Picker improvements, and more when they install the latest FREE patch update.

The latest Mac update resolves some user-reported issues with MIDI features and hot keys. Click here to learn about all the enhancements with this FREE update and download it today.

Both of these free updates for your 2021 version include the latest DAW Plugin 3.7.23 too!

Happy B.C. Day!

Monday, August 2 is B.C. Day here in Victoria, but a few of us will still be here!

Our adjusted hours for that day are: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT.

Regular hours resume Tuesday:
Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Sunday: Closed.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: New Features and 202 RealTracks Videos
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 - RealCharts for all RealDrums!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021, we added over 300 additional RealCharts (with accurate Drum Notation and MIDI to trigger drum sounds) for RealDrums.

That's right... this means that now ALL the RealDrums have RealCharts!

With RealCharts, you can use the notation for MIDI drum parts too - great for copying to a Utility Track!
(Watch this video for a full demonstration of Utility Tracks.)

Learn more about RealCharts for RealDrums with drum notation.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Forum Stats
34686 Members
66 Forums
70241 Topics
606239 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Herlander, valerij, JonasDouglas, studio99, SteffenG

34685 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 148