Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#623714 - 11/18/20 08:23 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Styles not found!
jbtaj Offline

Help please, I have UltraPack installed, in the style folder there are 7,603 styles, but in the Stylepicker I only have 5,733. Run the rebuild fast/low but no more styles found.

What could be going on?

#623718 - 11/18/20 08:41 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
Loc: Florida
etcjoe Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Florida
Check to make sure you are not filtering for any styles. I sometimes forget that I have only a certain group of styles showing like 4:4 or 3:4 timing etc.

#623832 - 11/19/20 04:05 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: etcjoe]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Yes, press the Clear button first, and see if that makes a difference.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#623845 - 11/19/20 05:39 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
Loc: Springfield, MO
jcland Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Springfield, MO
Also go to Help, What Add-ins Do I Have and see if you are missing any that should have been included in the UltraPak.

I have used BIAB since the inception eon's ago and in my collection I have 13,012 files with the .STY extension in my styles directory but I only show 9,307 in StylePicker. That is quite a few missing styles in StylePicker and I have never figuured it out.

One day I'll export the list as a text file and then compare what I have with the list that StylePiker shows and then try and load some of the missing styles to see what happens.

As it stands I have 3,705 styles on the hardrive that are not showing up in StylePicker even have doing a slow rebuild numerous times.

This is an old problem that has never been resovled by PGMUSIC

#623922 - 11/19/20 12:59 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Some of the STY files are substyles files (part markers C/D, E/F, etc) which aren't listed in StylePicker as standalone styles, so StylePicker will always have fewer entries than the number of STY files.

My computer has 10,028 STY files in the BB\Styles folder. StylePicker shows 9,690, leaving 338 unaccounted for. Of those, there are 154 substyles files (they're the ones that end in a "+" in the filename. That leaves 184 not accounted for. I have a bunch I've downloaded from the web over the years,so it is possible some of them might be corrupt or unreadable.

Laptop-HP Omen I7-10750H Win10Pro 32GB 2x1TB SSD/2TB SATA
Desktop-ASUS-I7-3770 Win10Pro 32GB 2x2TB SATA

BB2021/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#623946 - 11/19/20 02:32 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
jbtaj Offline

thank you all for your valuable feedback!

#625764 - 11/27/20 06:21 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
Loc: California
axlchang Offline
Enthusiast

So problem happened to me. I'm 2020 UltraPak, user, Mac.

On Styles Charts, there is an option of

Other - "show all styles that are found/not found" - "show all styles including n/a styles"

by choosing this option, I should have 7,642 styles, however, only 5,272 styles are available.

For the "not available" styles, I'm able to listen to the demo, that means the .m4a file exist. For example, I'm gonna use "-500 WATT" which is perfect for "Mary has a little lamb" of SRV, but when I click "OK" to use, 3 out of 4 tracks are not available but the drums track.

So anyone inside or outside PG can tell me what had happened? I even reinstall the relative sets, that didn't work. I don't know where have the disappeared tracks gone... Need help, thank you in advance.

#625832 - 11/28/20 02:11 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
Loc: Ohio
DSM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio
I am not a mac user but there should be a button for rebuilding the styles. Use the slow rebuild and see if it helps.

...Deb

#625837 - 11/28/20 03:10 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: axlchang]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Also, make sure that no filters are in place by pressing the 'Clear' button in the Style Picker.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#625925 - 11/28/20 10:04 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
axlchang Offline
Enthusiast

cleared several time, and tried rebuild too.

the problem is due to the unavailable real tracks (.st2), i even reinstalled some package, but did not work.

#626107 - 11/28/20 09:07 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: axlchang]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Andrew - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hello,

Quote:
For the "not available" styles, I'm able to listen to the demo, that means the .m4a file exist. For example, I'm gonna use "-500 WATT" which is perfect for "Mary has a little lamb" of SRV, but when I click "OK" to use, 3 out of 4 tracks are not available but the drums track.

I believe you have the UltraPAK so I wouldn't expect you to have any missing Drums.

Is this the style _500WATT.STY? This uses the Drums RockSyncKick^ which was part of RealTracks Set 273.

A) Do you see RockSyncKick^ in your Drums folder?
B) If so, check the RealDrums Preferences dialog and make sure that your Drums folder location is what you expect (if you are using a custom folder).

Edit: I think I misunderstood your question. Are you missing the RealTracks from this style, or the Drums?

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (11/28/20 09:09 PM)

#626114 - 11/28/20 10:35 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
axlchang Offline
Enthusiast

all 4 tracks of this style, but only drum works, all other 3 tracks are n/a

#626117 - 11/28/20 11:22 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: axlchang]
PG Music Staff

The three RealTracks used (RT# 1717, 1718, 1719) are from Set 156. I suggest:

A)
Check in the RealTracks Preferences that your RealTracks folder location is what you expect (empty if just using the internal hard drive Band-in-a-Box folder.

B)
Check in the RealTracks Picker, show n/a checkbox and sort by Set # column. See if there's a range of sets that are N/A - maybe you just need to install some missing sets.

Are all RealTracks missing, or just a few, and do they show up as N/A [RT Folder] or N/A [ST2 Missing], or just N/A?

#626227 - 11/29/20 10:30 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
axlchang Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your quick response like always.

A) I did checked the Preference of the RealTracks, everything fine, just leave the "custom RealTracks Folder" as unchecked, since I installed all BIAB in the internal HardDrive.

B) I checked the RealTracks Picker, as I mentioned on the previous thread, only 5272 out of 7642 are available. For the Styles including RealTracks and RealTracks with MIDI, supposed to have 4942, but 2305 of them contains N/A tracks.

So not all RealTracks were missing, just part of them. The reason seems like various, mostly of ST2 missing.

Hopefully I made sense.

#626263 - 11/29/20 12:39 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
axlchang Offline
Enthusiast

BTW, I tried reinstalling the relative sets, but nothing help for the issue.

In fact, the style of "_500 WATT" is simply an example, I'm experiencing the problem for about 1/4 of the styles, just listed some detail numbers as above.

#626270 - 11/29/20 01:40 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: axlchang]
PG Music Staff

I have a feeling that some of the files need their permissions fixed. Please install the latest Update patch for Band-in-a-Box 2020 Mac (build 420) (just run the installer even if you already have build 420), and will fix those issues. Afterwards, open the StylePicker and re-build again, and see if the problem is resolved.

#626283 - 11/29/20 02:16 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: jbtaj]
axlchang Offline
Enthusiast

but where is the update patch of build 420? on the my product page, only have the full installation file.

#626294 - 11/29/20 03:26 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
axlchang Offline
Enthusiast

finally I found the update patch on the "support" page, and reinstalled it. Unfortunately, the issue is still existing...

#626298 - 11/29/20 03:41 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: axlchang]
PG Music Staff

Ok, then let's focus on one RT # 1717 (Bass, Electric...)

In the RealTracks Picker, does it show it as N/A, N/A (ST2..) or N/A (RT Folder)?

In your Band-in-a-Box/Soloists folder, do you have the file RBass135.ST2?
In your Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks folder, do you have the subfolder 'Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockStraight Ev 120' ?

In the downloaded DMG containing RT set 156, do you have an install_log.txt file in the RealTracks Packages folder?

#626301 - 11/29/20 04:00 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Styles not found! [Re: Andrew - PG Music]
axlchang Offline
Enthusiast

I attached 3 images for your 3 questions.

For the last question, commonly, after installation, it was deleted, or where can I get the log file?

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

Simon did it again - another test in Windows 11! See how well the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin works with Windows® 11 in his latest video: The Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin Works Great in Windows® 11!

RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Forum Stats
34913 Members
66 Forums
70943 Topics
614635 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Harry Music, TheloniusTrane, Kirk Gore, Frank Lennon, Roofus53

34913 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 230
swingbabymix 230