Hi, I have actually found a solution to this but I point out a few things.

So I have a few songs where I use 3 to 5 repeats of the chorus. However I only had the melody in the 1st chorus and I wanted to copy it to all Choruses. I could not get the copy special process to fully do this as the attached picture shows. Where I put in "Keep changing this" in the picture I had to set it to all the choruses. Also as shown in the picture I had to un-check the "Copy 1st chorus to whole song". Then eventually I smartened up, set the song to 2 choruses, used the settings in the attached picture once only then reset the song to the correct number of choruses while answering yes to "Ok to adjust Melody track to fit new # of Choruses?". That was the fastest easiest solution I could find (a 3 step process). Note: I can not set the number of choruses to 1 then answer yes to this question because it screws up the song ending settings etc (for my uses the song can never be less than 2 choruses). So the copy special process has to be used for sure.

So I am curious if there is a way to do this solely from the copy special dialog box in one step. I tried a number of things and gave up when I got it to work using the method above. I suppose I should check the help :-) Just did that. No example there.

Thanks,
John

P.S. Notice I put two red boxes in the attached picture. This is something PG Music might want to do as a way to reduce confusion. I finally figured out how this process works and realized my picture should have these two boxes so I am more easily able to understand it in the future (I don't have to do this often). This picture is in my reminder database so I get reminded it exists and so I can string search for it.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
CopySpecialMelodyToAllChoruses.png (40.07 KB, 37 downloads)
Last edited by bowlesj; 12/01/20 02:11 PM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles