Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Hey hang on.. the Brits one gold.. yeah I know it was only one but its better than when Eddie the Eagle was out best hope!! Frankie

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>> Hey hang on.. the Brits one gold

Yes, congrats to UK for the Gold Medal in skeleton.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I had a lot of fun watching some of the events. I am not a real hockey fan, but some fot he hockey games were great. The skiing was great as was the skating events.

Vancouver is a beautiful city i went there a few years back and really enjoyed myself. Canada in general is very scenic.

As far as athletes and actors not giving back, i find that untrue. Programs like NBA cares and many others are responsible for helping children in many places. And as was said sports medicine leads the way in many fields. Actors and athletes are out front in many disasters around the world.

One os the biggest things though is athletic events bring in millions of dollars, pounds, shillings whatever to a local economy.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I'm almost positive it was in Innsbruck but a luger AND a skier died in the days before the games. That was never brought up. Of course terrorism never happened, and no bombs went off. The Security was perfect as far as one can see. And as I have pointed out to people in January 12 people died in Toronto, crossing the street.

No one's perfect, but I was not pro or con going in, sort of ambivalent. I ended up a total nut, yelling, crying, and singing the anthem.

So at the end of the day, I think we did a good thing.

I hope this huge boost in the price of a passport for Americans isn't going to stop the cross border traffic. Only 2 years ago we could go anywhere in NA with a birth certificate. Then the US wanted a passport. Then Cuba sort of wanted one. Now Mexico wants one. You can still get into Canada with yer library card, claim refugee status, get free health care for 5 or 6 months, work or get welfare. But be warned, if you get in on your American Express Card, you cannot go home, ever. You're going to turn into a syrup suckin' ice hole, as what's his name Colbert said.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Some do

Red Wings yes .. Pistons, not so much (this year anyway). Just a joke, don't know the numbers, but any of you that know how Detroit teams are doing this year will understand.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
And this just brought some tears to my eyes.

LEAVING BEHIND A THANK-YOU NOTE

(from Brian Williams, NBC anchor and managing editor)

After tonight's broadcast and after looting our hotel mini-bars, we're going to try to brave the blizzard and fly east to home and hearth, and to do laundry well into next week.

Before we leave this thoroughly polite country, the polite thing to do is leave behind a thank-you note.

Thank you, Canada:

For being such good hosts.
For your unfailing courtesy.

For your (mostly) beautiful weather.

For scheduling no more than 60 percent of your float plane departures at the exact moment when I was trying to say something on television.

For not seeming to mind the occasional (or constant) good-natured mimicry of your accents.

For your unique TV commercials -- for companies like Tim Hortons -- which made us laugh and cry.

For securing this massive event without choking security, and without publicly displaying a single automatic weapon.

For having the best garment design and logo-wear of the games -- you've made wearing your name a cool thing to do.

For the sportsmanship we saw most of your athletes display.

For not honking your horns. I didn't hear one car horn in 15 days -- which also means none of my fellow New Yorkers rented cars while visiting.

For making us aware of how many of you have been watching NBC all these years.

For having the good taste to have an anchorman named Brian Williams on your CTV network, who turns out to be such a nice guy.

For the body scans at the airport which make pat-downs and cavity searches unnecessary.

For designing those really cool LED Olympic rings in the harbor, which turned to gold when your athletes won one.

For always saying nice things about the United States...when you know we're listening.

For sharing Joannie Rochette with us.

For reminding some of us we used to be a more civil society.

Mostly, for welcoming the world with such ease and making lasting friends with all of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

Hey hang on.. the Brits one gold.. yeah I know it was only one but its better than when Eddie the Eagle was out best hope!! Frankie

Eddit always had a cheering section though.

Cornet Curmudgeon
Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Quote:

Congrats John. I'm sure we are all very proud of our athletes, as we should be.

One of the US athletes I'm most proud of is one who didn't even win a medal. She's only 16. Mirai Nagasu took 4th place in the women's figure skating. It was her first Qlympics. And the highest scores she's ever gotten. She was thrilled. You would have thought she had won gold by her reaction. She skated beautifully and flawlessly.

I don't like it when an Olympic athlete gets silver or bronze and they act as if they've failed! To be labeled as second or third best in the world must really suck! LOL.

All of them should be proud to get to represent their country in the greatest sports competition in the world. And we should all be proud of them, medals or not.

Bob

Bob: My wife and I watched Mirai skate, and were very impressed and inspired by her behaviour after - it was so nice to see someone so joyful at having improved on her personal best and not be disappointed at not winning gold.

As for our hockey teams, I'm quite aware that the ladies have virtually been trading first and second spot for years. They are so closely matched that it's really a toss-up as to which team will win at any given time.

Actually the same thing applies to the men's teams (USA and Canada). There are people here that are smiling smugly, but in truth we have no right to do so - there should have been two gold medals for hockey because those teams are so close. Look at the overall results; first game US 5, Canada 3; second game Canada 4, US 3. They tied in wins, with an edge to the US in goals for/against. If it was a seven game series, it would be a crap shoot.

Glenn

PS - and that "own the podium" crap has many of us ashamed and disgusted.

Last edited by Glenn Kolot; 03/02/10 11:10 PM.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
"We" won 8 medals: 4 gold, 1 silver and 3 bronze. Of course there's no "we" : the athletes and the teams behind them won them. They are the people that live and breath their sports night and day for years on end. All athletes competing in the Olympics are winners, no matter the ranking they end up.

That is all except one: the Dutch bobsled pilot. He refused to compete in the 4-man bob because he was afraid of the track What a #$@#^!

And that was right after the tragedy on the 10Km ice skating for men. Sven Kramer did the best 10 K ever skated, smashing the Olympic record and smashing the best time of that day. Then for some strange reason the coach sent him to the wrong lane. Both skater and coach made a mistake in a split second, but the fact was there. Sven made a wrong lane-change and, inevitably, got disqualified. What a tragedy for skater and coach! Being the best, running seconds ahead of all competition and then loosing it all in a split second.

Ah well, the world has experienced a perfect organized and exciting Olympic Games. Thank you Canada!

Off-Topic
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Quote:

Quote:

Eddit always had a cheering section though.

Thats true and most of us Brits took him to our hearts...Mmmm must get my spelling improved "won" not "one"Frankie

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
>>> And that was right after the tragedy on the 10Km ice skating for men. Sven Kramer did the best 10 K ever skated, smashing the Olympic record and smashing the best time of that day.

Yes, that was horrible. Disqualification seems to harsh a penalty for that, its too bad there wasn't something else, like a 2 second penalty for a minor infraction like that.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,632
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234
38,498 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193