Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I was excited at the prospect of being able to use all the 64 bit plugins that got installed with my 32 bit plugs through the years... but in RB 2021, every time I try to add a new x64 plugin I get the message "not a valid plugin" or I get no message, but the plugin is not loaded.

There are many I want to use, but at the moment if I could get KONTAKT to load I'd be happy. (It loads in RB 2020 32 bit, but not in RB 2021)

I just re-downloaded Kontakt and installed it so it should be the most recent version I bought years ago.

Process of elimination: has anybody else managed to load Kontakt into RB 2021? If so, then maybe the problem is in my installation or version of kontakt.

But it still doesn't explain why I can't get ANY 64 bit plugs to load.

Any ideas?

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I believe jford was testing with Kontakt, hopefully he pops in

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
i spent a couple hours trying to get Kontakt to work with RB.
It mostly ended in a non-optimal user experience.

Its close enough to cocktail time that I will leave it for another day

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: mrgeeze
i spent a couple hours trying to get Kontakt to work with RB.
It mostly ended in a non-optimal user experience.

Its close enough to cocktail time that I will leave it for another day

if you got it to load at all, you're doing better than I did.

Also I was hoping my paid version of Amplitube would work. No go. VERY disappointing!

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
as a follow-up to this thread:
I just installed BIAB on a second computer. There are different 64 bit plugs on this computer, and some of them do load into RB. But not SampleTank, Amplitube or Kontakt.

RealBand
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
Pat,
I got it to make some noise on a midi track.
It sounded like some sort of industrial music instrument NI is famous for.
I immediately time travelled to SNL with Dieter and "SProkett".
Unfortunately, the Kontakt patch I was loading was the Grander (Grand Piano)

So I made a cocktail instead. Then another.

Think I'll stand by until others more skilled report back.

Geeze

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
I believe jford was testing with Kontakt, hopefully he pops in

John bought Session Horns the same time I did. If he's able to get it working, then I have some obstacles to overcome. On the other hand, if he has upgraded session horns (I haven't) maybe its something to do with the age of the library

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
There's another post in this forum on using Kontakt in RB titled 'Just for Info'.
A little hard to decipher, but it looks like he also had success with Kontakt in RB.

RealBand
Journeyman
Journeyman
No problems here with KOntakt 6 in RB2021

Rob de Klerk, Dutch singer-songwriter
https://www.robdeklerk.nl

Biab 2023, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete 14, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Presonus studio 24c
RealBand
Apprentice
Apprentice
I apologize for English, I have no talent for it and I use Google translator. I downloaded the Kontakt from the C: \ Program Files \ Vstplugins folder namely the file Kontakt.dll (6.2.2020 17:17). I couldn't load play_VST_x64.dll - Voices of Soul from EASTWEST from the same folder for VST, which doesn't run under Kontakt, but has its own sub_application.

Last edited by Gause Zdenek; 12/05/20 12:24 PM.

BIAB 2023,RB 2023,PTA 2023,Windows 11,Studio One PRO 5.52,Melodyne Studio 5.3.1,Sibelius 8.4.1,Acoustica 7.4.14,Notion 6,Progression 3,Harmony Assistant 9.9.5c,RX9,Ripx DeepAudio 6.4.0,Kontakt 6.8.0,DeCoda 1.3.0,Synthesizer V Studio Pro 1.90 a další.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I understand, and appreciate your input and help with this.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Pat

I know this won't help you but Sampletank 4, AmpliTube 4 and Kontakt 6 ALL load and run in my 64-bit RB2021

Do you have any additional info that might help us help you

Good luck

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Gause Zdenek
I apologize for English, I have no talent for it and I use Google translator. I downloaded the Kontakt from the C: \ Program Files \ Vstplugins folder namely the file Kontakt.dll (6.2.2020 17:17). I couldn't load play_VST_x64.dll - Voices of Soul from EASTWEST from the same folder for VST, which doesn't run under Kontakt, but has its own sub_application.

thanks for weighing in. Maybe I've been trying to load the wrong file. I'm pretty sure that in every case part of the file name was "x64"

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
You might be right - Amplitube 4 and SampleTank 4 are ONLY 64 bit thus the VST and VSTi respectively don't really require the "x64" nomenclature because it is redundant (i.e., "AmpliTube 4.dll" and "SampleTank 4.dll") and Kontakt 6 is just "Kontakt.dll"

Another FYI if you install PEDeconstructor, it puts itself on your context menu and can right-click on any .dll or .exe and determine if they are 32- or 64-bit word length and other useful info at a quick glance

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Just now seeing this. I'll test and report back.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
So, I just launched RB 64-bit 2021, and loaded Kontakt 6 with Session Horns Pro. The VSTi loaded fine. I set Session Horns to use Smart Chord (single note chords) and to use the Animator (to generate various riffs).

I recorded some MIDI, and it played back just fine.

Unfortunately, when I went to render it to audio, I just got a blank track, so that is of concern. I'll report that as a problem after I play with it some more (as the machine I'm on has been giving me some trouble lately; just ordered a new laptop, but it'll be a couple of weeks before it gets here...I'll also try on another machine).

But, the 64-bit bit plugin definitely loaded and played back what I recorded.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Update: I went back and re-rendered the tracks to an audio track and this time it worked. I guess it just took awhile (perhaps the machine was busy with something else). But it definitely worked and sounded great.

John

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks John (and everybody else who has been adding clues)

On one of my computers I finally got Kontakt and Aria players to load, after more downloading and updating. Now, moving on to the other computer.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Pat,

I read in another forum that there are three Kontakt plugins, each with a different number of audio outputs. The idea is some computers or programs don't work well with the default plugin so the two other plugins require less cpu power.

If the default dll isn't working for you try the one that has the number 8 (least cpu power) or the number 16 (less cpu power than the default) in the dll label.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Pat,

I read in another forum that there are three Kontakt plugins, each with a different number of audio outputs. The idea is some computers or programs don't work well with the default plugin so the two other plugins require less cpu power.

If the default dll isn't working for you try the one that has the number 8 (least cpu power) or the number 16 (less cpu power than the default) in the dll label.

That is true for Kontakt 5 and below but from Kontakt 6 and on it will only show up as Kontakt.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I finally got Kontakt to load on both computers. I think part of the problem is that when you install plugins, each company has their own idea about where they should be stored. So there are files with similar sounding names scattered all over the place. To make matters worse, in my own little pack-rat way, I have a habit of trying to move/copy plugins to a central location. Buuuut..this apparently messes with the authorization scheme.

I think I was trying to load a copy of Kontakt that had been copied/pasted to a new location and therefore had a broken authorization. After reinstalling and paying attention to where the newly authorized plugin was saved, it loaded as expected.

On the second computer, I didn't even reinstall.. I just used the location where the newly installed file was saved. It was just a matter of finding the right file.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I was told that with age would come wisdom. I feel cheated. ;-)

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Pat, in Native Instruments Access (the program that downloads and installs your Kontact libraries), the settings page lets you specify where to install both the 32- and 64-bit plugins. I have mine set to my common location, but in an NI subfolder.

John

RealBand
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jford
Pat, in Native Instruments Access (the program that downloads and installs your Kontact libraries), the settings page lets you specify where to install both the 32- and 64-bit plugins. I have mine set to my common location, but in an NI subfolder.

You are absolutely right. And far more organized than I am. I tend to do it wrong at installation (when it matters) then try later to fix it.

1) Not all of my workarounds work.
2) failed workarounds are cumulative
3) I'm old enough to have a mess on my hands

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195