Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, you have my uninformed one. It seemed to me it meets your request. But yes, the opinion of someone who knows bluegrass is welcome here.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
It sure is quiet on here the last few days.

chirp, chirp, ribbit, peep...... wink

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, this really explains the solution that has been provided by the new cut-time signature that has been asked about. I actually really hope that this meets with the expectation of those inquiring contributors.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
Sorry it took so long to get back to this topic but I have been immersed in the new 2021 version and finally came up for air.

I looked at the new feature and it does solve the notation problem but that is not what my original topic was started about years ago. My complaint was that the spread sheet entry was a little awkward for bluegrass musicians who are used to seeing 95+ percent of tablature written with 8th notes and 1 chord per measure AND written in 4/4 time, not 2/4 time. If you treat the 'spreadsheet' entry format of BIAB like bluegrass tablature, you have to enter 2 chords per cell when the song is played at 4/4 time. Believe it or not, that is not now the vast majority of bluegrass music is written.

AGAIN, to me it is not a big deal, it is not even a deal at all as I have been playing music for so long and have used tablature and notation for 40+ years, that the chord entry of BIAB is 2nd nature for me. I have shown BIAB to quite a few fellow players over the years and the all say that the chord entry for BIAB is not what the are used to. I always tell them 'you'll get used to it' and they do.

So to make a long story short, the new 2/2 (Cut Time) feature of BIAB does solve the notion problem and setting an individual cell to 2 beats per measure solves any problem where you absolutely need 1 chord per cell to make the song come out right. A prime example of this, and the bluegrass players will know what I am talking about, is the song Jerusalem Ridge by Bill Monroe.

So bobcflatpicker, as far as I am concerned, you can mark this topic resolved if you are also happy with it. We can move on as there are more serious items that need to be addressed with the current 2021 release of BIAB.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Jcland thanks for your comments.

Could you post a picture of what a typical song looks like? I would like to learn about this to its conclusion.

Peter Gannon and I did this when we were discussing cut time for samba. As far as my needs, this is now resolved as well.

Thanks.

I’ll pm Bobflatpicker

Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
Matt: Did you want a picture of Tablature, Notation or the BIAB chord entry screen.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jcland
Matt: Did you want a picture of Tablature, Notation or the BIAB chord entry screen.
Notation as you might find it in a book of bluegrass music.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I do appreciate PG Music attempting to address the problem it has with bluegrass music. While bluegrass is far from being the only style of music I play, it is near and dear to my heart. It's the reason I started self teaching myself music theory and learning scales, chords and arpeggios all across the fretboard. That helped take most of the mystery out of the guitar fretboard.

No other music inspired me to do that.

Based on the clips I've watched about the addition of "cut time", it appears to me that PG has just created a work around instead of fixing the problem.

I'm going to take one more attempt at explaining the problem by getting as basic as I can about the need. This affects how music is entered into BIAB and numerous other problems that incorrect note value styles create.

Here we go;

The full count in for bluegrass would be 2 measures long. The first measure would be 2 of 1/2 notes, the second measure would be 4 of 1/4 notes.

1 2 ,1 2 3 4

A good style example of this is C_TRAVIS.STY. This has been my default style for fiddle tunes for over 20 years.

Basic backup would be as follows;

If bluegrass had drums, one measure of rhythm in 1/4 notes would be bass-snare-bass-snare.

The bass guitar rhythm in 1/4 notes for one measure would be root-five-root-five.

The guitar rhythm in 1/4 notes for one measure would be boom-chick-boom-chick.

The mandolin rhythm in 1/4 notes for one measure would be rest-chop-rest-chop.

The banjo and fiddle rhythm in 1/4 notes for one measure would be rest-chop-rest-chop.

The melody for one measure would be in 1/8 notes.

The tempo would be plus or minus 200 BPM.

The drums would emphasize the first and third 1/4 note.

The bass and rhythm guitar would emphasize all four 1/4 notes equally.

The mandolin, banjo and fiddle rhythm would emphasize the second and fourth 1/4 notes.

In my never humble opinion, the epitome of bluegrass music is all instrumental fiddle tunes in 4/4 time at a tempo of plus or minus 200 BPM with the melody in 1/8 notes.

When playing, bluegrass musicians don't think about any of these things, ... they just play and feel the song.

Damn, ...... I've never attempted to describe bluegrass music in this detail before. I think I'll save it for future reference. LOL

That's why the ONLY proper and acceptable way for PG to create styles for bluegrass music is to do it in 4/4 time with 1/8 note melodies at tempos ranging from 160 - 240 BPM.

These styles should also be available in 16th note styles as PG has always done since a lot of people have grown accustomed to them being notated that way.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why PG hasn't done this simple fix.

While I haven't tried the "cut time" feature, it just appears to be an attempt at a work around for something that would be easily fixed by creating styles with the proper note value.

Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
At the risk of looking stupid Matt, how does one go about attaching a picture.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
see picture

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (75.26 KB, 166 downloads)

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
... explaining the problem ...
Thank you very much, Bob. I think I understand what you wrote. It is, as I described in discussions years earlier, the reverse of the samba problem. PG Music has samba styles counted in 4/4 at tempos around 180 - 200. I think it should be cut time around 100. Count them in as 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 +

The new fix accommodates that, notation-wise.

I would still like to see a piece of representative sheet music for bluegrass, with an explanation of tempo. I guess I don't understand why expanding the song wouldn't fix it.

And Bob, maybe you could Zoom / Share Screen with someone who has version 2021, and direct them to try some things. I would be happy to do that, though I wouldn't have any feel for what is right.

Moderator, could this whole thread be moved to BIAB for Windows? It's too integral to BIAB to be in Off-Topic where some who need to see it might not.

Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
Matt: Here is a page from one of my many books of a typical bluegrass song that would be played at countless festivals all over the world and is one that the vast majority of players would know how to play. I have over 50+ tabs of this song alone in my collection and all of them are printed or even hand written in 4/4 time using (8) 8th notes per measure, typical of bluegrass music.

Key of D with a speed of around 100 BPM, depending on your ability to play at that speed of course.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
soldiers joy.jpg (161.3 KB, 150 downloads)
Soldiers Joy - Key of D ~100 BPM

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
bobcflatpicker nailed it with this simple statement:

"In my never humble opinion, the epitome of bluegrass music is all instrumental fiddle tunes in 4/4 time at a tempo of plus or minus 200 BPM with the melody in 1/8 notes."

Thousands of bluegrass players (Fiddle, Banjo, Mandolin, Dobro and Bass) around the world understand this simple statement and have for over 70 years now and so have the thousands of instructors who teach players the nuances of this 100% purely American art form.

Sure you can show the music written as 2/2 time using 8th notes but that is not how the bluegrass musicians see it nor it is the way the vast majority of written information is presented.

If you go to www.banjohangout.org and go to Learn-Banjo Tab Library and look at around 100 TablEdit tabs, specifically Bluegrass (Scruggs) style, at random, you will see around 99 of them written in 4/4 time using 8th notes.

Fact: That is how it is and that is how it always was. We can't say it any simpler than that guys.

Giving us the ability to change the timing to 2/2 so the notation shows as 8th notes is really not a fix but is instead a work around. We should be able to see it written in 4/4 time using (8) 8th notes per measure and not have to change it to 2/2 time to make it so. True we my not get it since we are at the mercy of the RT's internal programming but don't say it is a fix when it really isn't.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
How does Solder's Joy, 4/4 with eighth notes at 100 bpm, compare with what Bob is saying? He says 4/4 in a tempo of 200, where the melody is eighth notes. Does that mean this song, Soldier's Joy, is a slow Bluegrass song?

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
How does Solder's Joy, 4/4 with eighth notes at 100 bpm, compare with what Bob is saying? He says 4/4 in a tempo of 200, where the melody is eighth notes. Does that mean this song, Soldier's Joy, is a slow Bluegrass song?

Matt,

I would never presume to speak for jcland but I do think he may have misspoke on the tempo. The tempo would be around 200 BPM for this song.

His song selection was a perfect choice. Soldier's Joy is a classic fiddle tune written around 1864 according to John McCuen.

Here is a link to a good version of it by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR1YSvAdTQQ

Edit: The tempo jcland referred to may have been based on 1/4 notes. The tempo I'm referring to is based on 1/8 notes.

For example, I just opened up Guitar Pro 4 and the default tempo listed is 1/4 note = 120 BPM.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 12/05/20 08:11 PM.
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
> Sure you can show the music written as 2/2 time using 8th notes but that is not how the bluegrass musicians see it nor it is the way the vast majority of written information is presented.
> The tempo would be around 200 BPM for this song.( Soldier’s Joy)

Jcland and Bob,,

Sorry to disagree with you both, but I don’t agree with your statements above, and provide data below to backup my position.

Bluegrass is correctly notated in cut time (2/2), not 4/4.. You may have never noticed this, because the notation doesn’t say 2/2. Instead it uses a special notation symbol for the 2/2 which is a letter C with a vertical line on top and below it. Cut time is known in classical world as Alla Breve and has been around for 400 years. This is because musicians in the 1700s also had trouble reading 16th notes like the bluegrass players do now. So they preferred them notated in 2/2 in 8th notes, but this time sig change from 4/4 to 2/2 doesn’t the double the tempo from 100 to200, the tempo stays the same. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alla_breve
Making the notation easier to read (using 8th notes cut time instead of 16ths) doesn’t double the tempo - this is an important point in this discussion.

Many musicians see this, don’t know what the symbol is, and assume the time signature is 4/4. But it isn’t 4/4, it is 2/2. This indicates to me that the tempo of a typical bluegrass song is 100 (as jcland and “biab” says), not 200 (as Bob says).

But now that you know about that “c” cut time symbol, you will start to see it in official bluegrass published songbooks.

So let’s take a look around the internet and see if I’m right that b,uehrass is notated in 2/2 cut time ( C symbol with vertical line “cutting” it in two)

Let’s start with Hal Leonard “Bluegrass Real Book” . Here you have hundreds of notated bluegrass tunes, notated correctly and ALL in 2/2 (cut time, NOTICE THE C SYMBOL WITH A VERTICAL LINE I if you don’t have the book, look at the preview pages “look inside” https://www.amazon.com/Real-Bluegrass-Bo...C254&sr=8-1

- let’s keep looking on Amazon....these are the next 2 books I found that has a “look inside” view.... and the notation is also ALL IN CUT TIME!!

https://www.amazon.com/Masters-Mandolin-Greatest-Bluegrass-Newgrass/dp/149507420X/ref=pd_sbs_14_1/132-1705133-7948239?

https://www.amazon.com/First-Bluegrass-Solos-Should-Guitar/dp/1540058794/ref=sr_1_17?

Also see discussions on bluegrass forums that agree with this, pointing out the correct notation of bluegrass as cut time (2/2) and also pointing out that many books use the cut time e.g.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/138869-Cut-time-2-2-4-4

The discussion on that forum points out the same thing I’m talking about, namely that bluegrass is notated correctly in cut time 2/2 and counted correctly with typical tempo of 100-130 not 200-260. For example, here’s a comment that “in [David] Grisman's books the distinction between 2/2 and 4/4 is very strictly observed, and in the grass volume almost all the tunes are notated in 2/2. “
E.g. David Grisman cut time example https://www.stretta-music.com/en/david-shady-grove-nr-183472.html

Now ask yourself.... if bluegrass is really supposed to be notated in 4/4, why on earth would Hal Leonard and all the other bluegrass books, including from famous bluegrass musicians like David Grisman go to the effort of putting cut time 2 2 signatures on every song in their books if the time signatures were really 4/4?

The implication of notation of bluegrass 2/2 is important for playing, not just notation.

Because it tells you that :

1. the quarter note tempo (beat) is about 100 for a typical bluegrass tune, not 200 as stated by in messages above.
2. It may help if you count these tempos as 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & (or 1 & 2 & 1 & 2 &)
3. And this also means that Band-in-a-Box is correct in having the bluegrass styles play as 16ths notes at tempo of 100-130 and have ability (in biab 2021) to show cut time notation (showing 8th notes to make reading easier) just like the professional fake books and professional musicians/teachers like David Grisman above do.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Peter,

I do appreciate that you've weighed in on this discussion again. As always, you've provided ample reference material to back up your point.

I'm glad you included David Grisman as a reference since I play a ton of his songs and I've listened to him since the early days of "Dawg" music. I didn't use tabs, sheet music or charts to learn his songs, I did it by ear.

I just now came back to the forum after writing a comment offline and was going to post it when I saw where you had joined us in the discussion.

The comment isn't a response to what you wrote since I hadn't seen your comment before composing it, but it is pertinent.

It is as follows;

From Bing;

"Cut time (or “cut common time”) is a 4/4 time signature that’s been rhythmically “cut” to manipulate rhythm and/or tempo. Cut time can be written as 2 / 2 , or as a c -shaped symbol with a vertical slash."

I don't know if "cut time" would be an answer to using 16th note bluegrass styles in 4/4 timing with songs actually written in 4/4 timing with 8th note melodies.

I do know that the very small handful of bluegrass styles written in even 8th's work just fine with bluegrass songs and fiddle tunes as they are written. The vast majority of BIAB bluegrass styles are in even 16th's. Especially the ones that have real tracks. I want real tracks backup, not midi.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 12/05/20 10:10 PM.
Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
Bob & Matt: It was based on 1/4 notes as that is how I am familiar with written bluegrass music. We are exactly on the same page when it comes to speed, you use 1/8th notes and I use 1/4 notes. The math is the same. That is also a very subjective discussion, speed. I have been to slow bluegrass jams where the song, Soldiers Joy, has been played as slow as 60 BPM using 1/4 notes and the standard since slow jams are geared to beginner players and I have seen it played at barn burner speed by the pros trying to out do each other. Nevertheless, speed has nothing to do with the topic at hand and I wish others would see that.

On the topic of books and loose tablatures, of which I have an enormous collection, I have Dan Miller's definitive series, Flatpicking Essentials Volumes 1-8 and the supplemental volumes 1-5

Volume 1 - Rhythm, Bass Runs, & Fill Licks
Volume 2 - Learning How To Solo, Carter Style & Beyond
Volume 3 - Flatpicking Fiddle Tunes
Volume 4 - Understanding the Fingerboard & Moving Up-The-Neck
Volume 5 - Improvisation & Style Studies
Volume 6 - Improvisation (Part II) & Advanced Technique Studies
Volume 7 - Advanced Rhythm & Chord Studies
Volume 8 - Improvisation (Part II) & Intro to Swing & Jazz Soloing
Volume 9 - Practical Guide to Scales & Arpeggios
Supplemental 1 - The Guitar Players Guide to Rhythm, Timing & Groove
Supplemental 2 - The Guitar Players Guide to Developing Creative Solos
Supplemental 3 - The Guitar Players Guide to Rhythm, Timing & Groove

The thousands of examples written in over 1,800 pages is all written using 4/4 time and 8th based notes.

I have the entire Banjo News Letter magazine collection dating all the way back to 1973 from volume 1-1 up to Vol 47 #13, again just about all the tabs are written in 4/4 time using 8th notes.

Steve Kaufman's Championship Flatpicking Guitar - written in 4/4 time using 8th notes. He won multiple times at Winfield, KS

Pat Cloud’s Straight-Ahead Jazz for Bluegrass Banjo (Mel Bay) written in 4/4 time using 8th notes.

Tony Trischka's The Complete 5-Sting Banjo Player - written in 4/4 time using 8th notes

Tony Trischka's Master Collection of Fiddle Tunes for Banjo - written in 4/4 time using 8th notes

Not to mention the 7,800+ tabs at the Banjo Hangout. Majority written in 4/4 time using 8th based notes.

NOTABLE EXCEPTION: Bill Knopf's out of print Hot Licks & Fiddle Tunes - written using 16th based notes. Bill was my 1st instructor and in my collection of his hand written tabs, all of them were written in 4/4 time using 8th based notes.

At this point I am tired of pulling my books off the shelf, which is just the tip of the iceberg so to say, to gather this information so.....

You see we can go on and on and on about what is right for bluegrass music and what is wrong for bluegrass music and it still does not address the fundamental problem on how bluegrass musicians see written music, which in reality is really not a problem for me at all. Again, it is how we see it as written. It's how we were taught and it is how we teach each other. It's how we learned. About the only 2 things we come to consensus on is (1) that we can agree to disagree and (2) BIAB is about the best darn program I have ever seen.

Again, to finalize my position, I don't care if it gets fixed or not as it does not hamper my ability to use the program and has not for over 3 decades now. I guess like you guys sometimes do, I have learned to work around things.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I am lost when 2/2 is mentioned. That would be 2 beats per measure with a 1/2 note getting a beat. Would it not be correct to say 2/4? 2 beats per measure with a 1.4 note getting a beat?

The sheet of music above in 4/4 seems perfect. I am not following what the issue is if that music is correct. I used to be rather theory strong and I am just not following what the issue really is. It may just be that I am not at all familiar with the genre.

I also noted that this only seems to bother less than 5 people on the whole forum. Should they retool for less than 5 people where there are workarounds? I lost count of how many times I was told how to work around something rather than see it addressed for my minority of 1.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,735
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191