Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Folks,
Made a idea sketch of picker, that I personally would prefer to see in BIAB.
Before you bash my little drawing, please find "Advanced view" button, that can be used to add "missing" menus to the screen smile

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 11/17/20 02:03 PM.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
++++a million lol.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I definitely wouldn't criticize that layout. It has a lot of potential.

+1 for sure.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
That is a great idea!

+1

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
And one to match your BB Plugin GUI

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Plus 1

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
PG.
RE USE OF TABS IN BIAB(and RB).
perhaps at the same time as you add tabs to "pickers".
you might also add tabs to CHORD VIEW. (see my wish #3 in the wishlist for details.)
so i dont have to build and save different biab files for intro, different verses, bridges, choruses, lead breaks/solos and outtros/coda etc etc .
sometimes i end up with 10 seperate biab (GU) files saved in a song. ie yet another workaround !
this is pipelines brilliant tabbed chord view i want for xmas. (notice the cursor action.)

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=14844&filename=BB-Tabbed-Chord-Sheet-Sections.gif

i'm tired of waiting over the years for this. totally fed up in fact. i'm turning grey waiting.
pipelines brilliant graphic is what i want.

(before anyone suggests more workarounds/song form etc etc. i'm very very fed up with workarounds.)
i want what pipeline has shown . its been too long waiting for this feature imho.

merry xmas to all.
muso.
+1 times infinity to that tabbed picker view.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 12/07/20 04:27 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
...i'm tired of waiting over the years for this. totally fed up in fact. i'm turning grey waiting.

Been through all of that, the wishing well rarely brings joy.
What you ask for was implemented here:
Originally Posted By: musicdevelopments post_id=4337507 time=1291396905 user_id=223336

Feel free to post feature requests about RapidComposer in this thread, or start a new thread.
We will implement every sensible request, as it happened in the past.

Thank you,
Attila

See here, Attila SEES and implements:
Originally Posted By: "como baila" post_id=4593684 time=1311127606 user_id=9693

And this would be the 'BIG' feature that would propel your program to the top of the charts: create a midi VSTi plugin version that could run directly within a DAW like Cubase.

Harmony Improvisator or 7Aliens Catanya are examples of this approach ... but implemented at an infinitely inferior level compared to your program.

Como

Originally Posted By: musicdevelopments post_id=4594621 time=1311190393 user_id=223336

Thanks for all the requests. The VSTi plug-in version would not be too much work...

Thank you!
Attila

But here it's looked at as some airy fairy thing, with no response from PG whatsoever at all:
A VST to send Tempo/Play/Stop/Loop/Continue to main Biab app from DAW

Having this will go a long way to be able to do what you need as you could sync it with Reaper as Master and have all of that. Or sync it with RapidComposer that has all that already.
But here it can take 10 years for things to sink in that causes so much frustration. Asking nicely don't work, look back through this forum there are so many things that are common place in other audio apps but here are looked at as something weird and of no purpose.
It should not be like winning the Lotto having something implemented, it's not a game.

Plugin tabs
Things get added to the BB Plugin pretty quick, though the solo/mute buttons took years of nagging and *(^%@#!! mad , but was implemented INSTANTLY in the RapidComposer Beta forum.

Ask yourself...

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
pipeline.
i apologise if my frustrations bubble to the surface occasionally.
but there ARE obviously musos working at pg. very very talented ones.
dont "they" see the need for a tabbed chord view ? instead of chords arranged around an odd chorus feature, and unfolding if need be etc etc ?
(and the other features you are pointing out ?)

every song writer and arranger ive ever had a discourse with, thinks in terms of song sections irrespective of genre.
whether a church magnificat or a country song or a rap or rock or classical orchestral song, or any genre one can name.

it all comes down to song "sections". song creators will normally focus on one song section (tab) at a time.
the ability to flip tween song section tabs is a huge plus to the idea, as well as the concept of tabs being equal to song marker tabs in a daw. as well as tabs not haveing fixed names.
they can be named anyway the songwriter wants. just like a daw marker tab.
so total flexibility for creators.

pipeline, years ago (aeons lol) i was a powertraks user. i bought it cos it was affordable, and i had streamlined down from big studio gear that drove me nuts cos of constant maintenance costs. (the big studio gear i mean.)
at that time i was a big promoter of powertraks. due to its great feature set versus low cost, as well as the fact some competitors used these crazy usb dongles that drive a lot of users crazy.
(includeing me. they are a headache. you can see why if you peruse the gearslutz.com and other forums.)
BUT over time its development seemed to slow up. then came reaper with its ease of doing things i couldnt do in powertraks . add in the fact that reaper implemented users ideas rapidly.
so i paid my 60 bucks , and posted various ideas. i was hooked.

in fact it makes me sad in a way to think that powertraks, with the right added features could have been where reaper
is today, and had a world daw user base in its maw.
powertraks was around years before reaper. pg could have had a massive world user base.
ie more revenue.

why am i saying all this ?

answer, cos i'm afraid the same might happen to biab !
a competitor comes out of left field etc etc.
and BAM, takes over the market niche.
ive seen this before in industries ive worked in.
in one particular case, a leader in its field got complacent , and competitors rose up to take over.

thus i'm speaking up with concern !
what i dont understand is there are obviously many smart people working at pg.

merry xmas.
muso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 12/07/20 01:14 PM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I just thought the BB Plugin now has a sync option to start at any bar.
I can use this to go over the 255 bar limit.
over 255 Pic

If we had a sync vst for Biab you could do so many things using the DAW as the Front End.

You could set BB Plugin 1 to start at bar 1 Plugin 2 to start at bar 9 etc..
this way you can have the section tabs in Reaper, as you select that section it will play the associated BB Plugin, you could have that Plugin display only for that section, so all you will see is the chords for that section.
When you render the project it will be one file playing seamlessly.

These are common song section:

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
RustySpoon#,

That is a very nice Picker mock up. I really like the tabs to select each main picker.

While I see there is an advance option my hope is that selecting the advance option would open up a window that would let a user select which column headings are visible in each picker window.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
It would be so much easier to have one picker. It is so frustrating to have to go to different pickers that work differently and not coming back to be able to make an easy audit of a selection.

I am not an experienced user I am more of a beginner so there might be several misunderstandings or parts might already be in the software. I mostly use Band in a Box and the style picker to try and find a style as base for a backing track which I then use for practice playing against and then as a recording background.

Below some of my thoughts around my experience of searching in the pickers.

I would like to be able to do an effective search to find a style with music characteristics: rhythm, drums, bass, other instruments, playing style etc that:
- I like when I hear it, or
- are close to what I hear in my inner ear/my mind, or
- closely match a piece of music that I like, or
- to pick a specific style that I already know I want.

It needs to have two features:
- an effective search feature “the way to communicate to the software” to try and find what I am looking for.
- an efficient audit feature in the way that I can listen to and audit the selection of a search result (several styles) against the chord table.

The mechanisms for the search feature today seem to be some simple filters: “filter string”, category, time signature, feel, tempo, type, other, and a search by song title spread out over different pickers that all different.
- they are of some help but often inefficient. I still spend too much time trying to find what I am looking for (and
hardly ever find what I’m looking for.
- there are some basic search mechanisms that I think are missing:
-- option to exclude something or combination of things, (an exclude option is normally given by a minus sign in a search
string in the conventional way).
-- hierarchy sorting of columns (option to narrow down column sorting by hierarchy i.e. allowing sorting of one column then
continue sorting another column within the previous sorting result and continue the same with more columns. Today the first
column sorting order are lost when sorting the next column.
-- option to select what column the filter sting should apply to, now it seems to span over all the text in all columns.

Might also be useful to try and find other ways to communicate with the software (not sure if it is technically possible or practical): e.g. another dimension of the search mechanism to find the closest match to a piece of music, midi, audio or rhythm tapping.
- tap in the basic rhythm for the drums into the search
- drop a segment of a midi file into the search
- drop a segment of audio that is converted into midi into the search

Have just been playing around a bit with EZDrummer2 and EZBass. Toontrack has provided those search options for their software (audio drop only for EZBass). Not sure yet how well it works or not. But I like the idea it looks very interesting (could as well have the option to write in a few bars on music notation (but on the other hand it is quite easy to make a midi of it in advance).

Would like to see a more efficient way to communicate to the software the “essence” of the “feel/characteristics” of the song I am looking for from several dimensions, and several different ways to communicate this to the search.

The mechanisms for the audit feature today seem to be:
- today one has to 1) select a style from the style picker 2) then play it against the chord sheet, 3) stop, 4) may be go back to the mixer and fix something then repeat 1,2,3 then 5) search and select another style 5) play and repeat the whole procedure etc. Very time consuming.
- in the realdrum picker one cannot audit the matching styles against the chord table, only play a demo. I don’t even come back to the style picker with the search result so I can make an audit against the chord table from there. I have to make a screen dump and print out the “matching styles” and then go back to the style picker and look them up individually and then audit them against the chord table. Also the search result for a style with a specific realdrum in the filter string in the style picker seems to be different (less) from the matching styles in the realdrum picker.
- today one has to go back and forth between views to make a change in the mix. Much more user friendly if one could access the mixer in the picker e.g. to mute off some instruments etc.

Would find it very useful with:

- option to make a selection (markup) of styles freely from the list as individual styles or chunk of styles, and then have them play automatically against the chord table with option to specify the number of bars to play, or just a simple click to step to the next in the selection to play (like a play list in a music media player). Also need to have the mixer available in the picker view so one can make changes without going back to the chord view (eg to mute an instrument).

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
+1 YES this has been suggested for ages
RealDrums Beat Finder
they can be matched to the RealChart RealDrumChart midi.

and control mixer from within style picker
Style Picker Mixer (Control Mixer from Style Picker)

The way I would find styles, was copy D:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio
to a thumb drive and play them back randomly in the car on long drives, when I hear one I like I look at the name in the display and make a note smile

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
YT demonstration TAP to find in EZDrummer 2

https://youtu.be/JnQN3cX4Csc?t=587

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Misha, I love the idea. One thing in particular is the solo/band option currently that only exist in certain pickers I usually want to hear the track soloed not with the whole band

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Good ideas in the mock-up.

+1 for consistency wherever possible.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1 indeed!

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195