Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
eddie1261 #629308 12/10/20 06:02 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Okay Eddie,

Here's a novel idea. How about of asking someone for help instead of throwing a b*tch fit?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
Okay Eddie,

Here's a novel idea. How about of asking someone for help instead of throwing a b*tch fit?

I did. I was told to go back to 2019. Or didn't you actually read my post where I said that?

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
eddie1261 #629313 12/10/20 06:15 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I did read your post from before. If you're dealing with tech support the same you're dealing with folks on here you shouldn't be surprised at the results.

There's a whole lot of folks on the forum who are much more knowledgeable than me or you.

Just ask nicely.

Everything doesn't have to be a confrontation.

beatmaster #629315 12/10/20 06:29 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"boobs on a bull" That sounds like an amazing song title /theme.

Eddie, not to intrude, but have you checked your plugins, maybe there are 64bit versions available?

eddie1261 #629361 12/11/20 04:10 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, FYI I have used this jBridge tool procedure:

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/jbridge-troubleshooting/782-2/

Now I only have one 32 bit program, NI's B4II, that I use in Studio One Pro 5. IIRC jBridge only worked about 60% of the time when I used it with Sonar. I don't use RB so I can not tell you the success rate for it.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
beatmaster #629364 12/11/20 04:45 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
2 hours later.... I had to UNinstall Sonar and reinstall it to make sure I had the 64 bit version. This flies backward from the last time I had to do all this crap when I had to remove Sonar 64 bit and install Sonar 32 bit because Real Band 2019 was 32 bit.

So in the last 2 years I have had Sonar 64 bit on my computer, but that wouldn't work with Real Band. So I had to UN and Re Sonar. That lasted me until yesterday when I put Real Band 2021 on my computer. Then nothing worked. (Isn't that was JBridge is supposed to do, allow 32 bit and 64 bit plugins to be interchangeable?) So this morning I had to again UN and RE Sonar so everything is 64 bit.

Unbelievable that this stuff doesn't just "work". I can't just install the plugins either. I have to install the whole program. It is now 9:37am and I have been up working on this since 6am.

If anything else did what Real Band does I would be defecting. Much to the delight of one particular guy who sent me a hate mail because I am unimpressed with customer service who tells you "Just go back to 2019 then." and ends a chat. That's like getting spoiled food at a restaurant and their solution is "Just don't eat it then." I was beyond livid when that happened. That's the kind of thing that would prompt me to find the owner's house and bang on the door until he talked to me and terminated the person who did that. That says to me "We have your money already. We now don't care abut you." To be honest and fair I will say that this was the first time I had that kind of negative experience, and maybe the agent was having a bad day or it was close to closing time, but as someone who worked in a field parallel to that, I never did that to a caller who needed help.

Rustyspoon, I didn't see your post until after I finished what I did, but your post had the right path in sight. It was just a pain to spend that much time to accomplish that whole reinstallation process.

But I got things working again, and it's nap time.

2. Send it to us.
beatmaster #629367 12/11/20 05:31 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Just hope that your OS disk doesn't die and you have to start all over..... smile

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
sslechta #629382 12/11/20 06:51 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Just hope that your OS disk doesn't die and you have to start all over..... smile

2. Send it to us.
beatmaster #629408 12/11/20 09:13 AM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Sounds like a bit of hit and miss at the moment with 2021, although some seem to have hiccups and some do not.

Just a settling in period, I do remember that happening to me one time, so I can see in part how Eddie feels, Although it sorted itself out after a bit of tweaking !!

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

beatmaster #629457 12/11/20 12:29 PM
Off-Topic
J
PG Music Developer
PG Music Developer
J
I just tested JBridge again with RealBand64. I'm not able to duplicate the issue of it not working. As long as I ran RealBand64 with Administrator privileges then it seems to work fine without issues. It says my version is v1.7b3 I'm running Windows 10.

Jeff Yankauer
Jeff Yankauer #629461 12/11/20 12:42 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jeff Yankauer
...I ran RealBand64 with Administrator privileges ...

Eddie, did you try that?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
beatmaster #629482 12/11/20 01:49 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I run everything with admin privs. That suggestion came after all the unloading and reloading so I have no need for it now. I can also tell you that my JBridge is 1.75.

2. Send it to us.
beatmaster #629485 12/11/20 01:54 PM
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Can you maybe try ..version v1.7b3 !!, I do not know if it is possible.

But unlike you I have not upgraded yet, ! am weary of falling in to the same situation .

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

beatmaster #629698 12/12/20 12:42 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
FYI: RealBand 2021 only includes a 64 bit version, there is no 32 bit 2021 RealBand. If you need to use a 32 bit version of RealBand then you will need to keep your prior version of RealBand. 64 bit RealBand and 32 bit RealBand can coexist on the same computer.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
beatmaster #629708 12/12/20 01:24 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie,

This might be worth a shot...

Try running "JBRIDGER.EXE" and setting the host environment.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
jbridge - setup.JPG (29.88 KB, 137 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
beatmaster #629717 12/12/20 01:49 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, when I tried to run it, I got windows asking what directory I wanted to scan and then I had to set one where I wanted the plugins to land. With all kind of small print disclaimers about "not recommended" stuff. (Well, if it's not recommended, take it out and make it impossible for the people who see a wet paint sign and touch the bench anyway). I want a bridging program that runs by clicking it once and it sets itself up and works until I throw the computer away. I don't want to work to set up software I have never seen and will never have to see again. YOU do that. Write it in a way I just click "GO" and go make some tea.

But after all that dancing I did with the uninstalling and reinstalling now it works. I felt like I unretired and went back to work. And I still have to install it on a second computer.

I personally would MUCH prefer that they included a step that says "You don't HAVE to remove the older but if you choose to, click here and we'll do that for you." I am an "order" guy, bordering on OCD, and I want all the executables in a folder, all the dll files in a folder, all the txt in a folder.... Because if I have to go find a file called "oldtennisball.pfc" (knowing there is no such thing as a pfc file - this is an example) I don't want to go through 17 directories to find which one it lives in. If there is a folder called PFC, I know it's in there. My computers are 98% set up that way. I keep a fairly clean desktop because that's what folders are for. Program, document, photo storage is on a separate drive. (A 500gb internal.) Music storage is on yet another. (AS 500gb external.) That's just how I know to do it, and I hate when installations scatter things all over. Could this stuff NOT be organized where they name the root folder PGMusic, and have BIAB and RB as subfolders in there? Why is there a folder called BB and another called Realband hanging off the root of C:\? In my case, I have plugins that came from Sonar and some that came from other sources and they are not in one folder. Where do I tell JBridge to look?

Those are the little things I look at when I do an overall evaluation of software. That and ease of installation. And infrequency of crashes. I have hung in with PG this long because it's the only game in town. Unlike Norton vs McAfee vs Kaspersky vs Joe's Anti Virus, there is only one choice for software that creates this level of backing tracks. Garage Band (Garbage Band) just makes those annoying 8 bar loops like rappers use.

2. Send it to us.
beatmaster #630852 12/17/20 06:05 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, trying to write a hip hop Christmas song but I need to pitch shift a measure of one of the loops and the program crashes, so no Christmas song for me..... First time I used the program. Since paying my money for it.

How does a program ship without this basic function being tested thoroughly?

I sent error logs and screen shots. We'll see what happens.

Man, if there was ANY other software that did what this does.....

Last edited by eddie1261; 12/17/20 06:34 AM.

2. Send it to us.
eddie1261 #630956 12/17/20 02:49 PM
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Eddie,

I haven't read through this entire thread, but if you are talking about a problem in RealBand64.exe with time stretching, this should be fixed in the RealBand build2 patch (to be released shortly):

https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/realband_2021_update_build2.exe

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
beatmaster #630961 12/17/20 03:24 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
THANK!
YOU!
ANDREW!

Now I can finish my hip hop Christmas tune! Channel my inner Biggie and get jiggy wid it!!

2. Send it to us.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,625
Posts735,214
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Steve Smith, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh, vasilich
38,521 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185