My new Floydfav !

Cheers
Dani

floyd jane #629365 12/11/20 04:47 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Babu, David S, BlueAttitude, Scott, Tom & Hans,

Thanks y’all for mentioning the harmony!

Janice

Crossroads #629443 12/11/20 11:33 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Someone mentioned the stripped-down instrumentation, but I'm always impressed with how lean your lyrics can be:

but i live in a constant rain
i hear devils even god ain't heard

Short, to the point, and original.

Loved the delivery, with some of the words almost spoken.

Nice arrangement - I liked the build. The kick drum was super-effective in the in mix.

i've actually considered showing up on sunday

Excellent. laugh

David - It is always nice when someone chooses to quote lyrics. Thanks for that - means a lot. "Short, to the point, and original." - couldn't ask for a better comment...

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Floyd,

first of all: Your lyrics are always amazing, but this one truely stands out - marvellous. Scott mentioned that line 'I hear devils even god ain't heard' - like hom I thought that this one can hardly be beaten.

A wonderful song, like always sung with such a lot of cogency. Very well-instrumented, great acoustic lead. Flawless sound, too.

Janice, even if a song is close to perfect, you can always make it shine a little more!

That's really one of the big ones, Floyd!

All the best,

Stefan

Stefan - thanks for the terrific review. I appreciate the mention of the lyric, the vocal, the sound and my singing partner!!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Can I just say I love it, and you'll understand I have no words to praise your accomplishments, Floyd? Please post one of those throw-away songs so I can say, "See? He IS human." Great choice asking Janice. I love her voice. She makes you a better you. A drummer friend from NY still claims that he and I wrote like 5,000 surfer songs in the 60s. I correct him by saying we wrote one surfer song 5,000 times. Thanks for all you do here, man!!

HA! Thanks, Marty. Yes, Janice makes me a Better Me (and you are a clever man)...

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This sounds great man. I really like the choice of tracks, and Janice is doing a super job as usual.

As always, and excellent mix dude!!

smile

Thanks, David.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I've said it before; the blend of your voice with Janice is special, just sublime.

Wonderful song, bring back some more of these old ones please smile

Thanks, Dave! (this is actually a fairly recent write...)

floyd jane #630027 12/13/20 04:16 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
FJ,
Very nice "searching for self" tune. Easy listening, laid back performance from you and Janice. Acoustic arrangement is super nice. Pedal steel was a very good choice. I've heard some pretty complex, and in sense more powerful songs by you, but I believe I can see why this is special to you.
You mastered your production skills so well that I think if I tried very hard, I would not be able to find any issues. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. Wow 1000 tunes! I have to re-evaluate my goals smile

floyd jane #630032 12/13/20 04:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Al & ROG,

I appreciate the harmony mention. Thanks guys!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I could praise this song until my fingers fell off from typing!!! EVERYTHING is PERFECT!!!! Love the lyric, which matches perfectly with the melody.....some of your best lyrics EVER, and that's a high hill to climb!! Love the dry sound of the guitar and drums which makes the lyrics more haunting and lonely. AND, that vocal....WOW....maybe your best ever!! AMAZINGLY GREAT!!!!! Take care. Greg

Greg - I might have to print this one off and hang it on my wall.

smile smile smile smile smile

Scott C #630236 12/14/20 03:46 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
So glad you did not throw this one out Floyd. Just a beautiful song. As always a heartfelt lyric and vocal. Janice's harmonies so well blended in to the vocal. I love your backtracks and production. All the instruments so well placed. Well done

Thanks, Scott...nice of you to say...

floyd jane #630244 12/14/20 04:11 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I'm all over it, Floyd.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
floyd jane #630288 12/14/20 06:28 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Everything flows so nicely : the vocals, lyrics, the accoustic guitar.. This track shows how deep your sensitivity is. Enjoyed it very much!
EDIT : forgot to add that the strings add a very melancolic and beautiful touch!

Last edited by Angelomusic; 12/14/20 06:28 PM.
floyd jane #630369 12/15/20 04:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Yeah Man and not whispered. You're right this is some of your best work. Great choice of backing. It creates the perfect setting to deliver the melancholy lyric of disappointment and hopefulness. A beautiful portrait of an introspective man seeking a change. Great vocal and perfect harmony from Janice. This is how it's done! Expert songwriting, performance and production. Nice little restrained acoustic lead also. You're just so good at this, Tom

Tom - thanks for such a fine review. Means a lot coming from you. Thanks for the comments on the lyric and songwriting. And for noting the acoustic lead.
And my singing partner, of course....

Al-David #630494 12/15/20 11:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd,

You can make such sensitive songs and keep them sounding cool!
That is surely a gift!
I always get that image of a tough cowboy, silently weeping somewhere in a corner where no one can see him.
And we can hear his revelations in so welchosen language!

And in the chorusses it was good to have Janice along. Your voices complement each others and made the chorusses ounded richer.
Still you stay in front. So the image of the 'loner' stays intact.

Enjoyed it, Floyd and -of course- Janice!
Hans

Hans - Thanks from a sensitive guy smile and his singing partner!!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Floyd ...

I can't top anything that's already been said, so I won't try. I'll simply state that this is as close to perfection as country music (or any other genre, for that matter) could hope to be. Everything fits like a finished puzzle. You're one of the very best I've heard in my 55+ years in the music business. Don't know what else I can say ... it's just the truth, plain and simple.

Wishing you and yours nothing but the best. Stay safe ...

Alan

PS: Almost forgot ... that Janice lady sure knows how to put the sweetest icing on an already terrific cake.

Dang, Alan! That is one of the nicest compliments I've ever received! Thank you....

Gary Weder #630644 12/16/20 06:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We love this song. When I (Janice) was learning my harmony part I kept forgetting to sing because I was caught up in the story and so wanted a happy outcome for this good man.

The imagery in the write is so vivid that it's almost like watching a movie trailer.

What a perfect lyric accompanied by the perfect vocal. Your guitar and the strings are such a nice touch to the band.

Just cool little touches everywhere like your artwork and the "yeah man" at the end.

Superb!

J&B

You forgot to mention the perfect harmony!!! Thank You! (both!)

Originally Posted By: Gary Weder

Floyd wrote <" Over the years, I've dabbled with creating large abstracts. This one (the "cover art") is 4' X 4'. The others that I've used are similar sizes. Sometimes 3' X 4', sometimes 4' X 5'... Several were sold by an art dealer - into commercial offices in the St. Louis area, typically selling in the $800 range (but that was years ago and I haven't pursued that further). Mostly they hang in our house (or get stacked in the garage)...">

This tells me two things. 1. Your art is very desirable and people are willing to pay good money for it .
2. Your marketing skills do not match your musical skills.

What's that "1% inspiration - 99% perspiration" thingy? Your beautiful art should be out making the world a brighter and better place , not languishing in your garage .

HA! Marketing has never been my strong suits. Because my canvases are typically so large, it becomes an expense hobby (if you aren't selling them). I trade off expensive hobbies all the time - Music. Golf. Art...
Thanks for the interest, Gary...

smile smile

ROG #630778 12/16/20 03:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd,

Beautiful.

A very nice and detailed arrangement without being overdone or messy.

Very tasteful acoustic lead work.

It has Janice!

A super mix - loved the kick drum.

ROG.

Thanks, ROG...

dani48 #630980 12/17/20 03:54 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !

You really found a
better you if that was possible ?
I loved it ! Can´t get any
better or can it ?
My new Floydfav !

Cheers
Dani

smile

Thanks, Dani....

floyd jane #630993 12/17/20 04:27 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW, this really the spot from the get go. Guys the two of you should seriously think about an album. Floyd, your voice along with that of Janice is simply amazing. Thanks for this

floyd jane #631050 12/18/20 02:56 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Another winter your stuff always has very polished and professional
WSS

floyd jane #631190 12/18/20 03:49 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Love the way the band just creeps up from such simplicity and slowly builds. Never over the top, but giving that buoyancy. Lyrically I can see why this is one of your favorites. Everything is in flux, the end results (even the means towards the reaching of the goal) is without certainty. This is no looking-back-and-crowing song....just the the pre-dawn thoughts of a man with an unfolding sense of mission.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
Angelomusic #631296 12/19/20 04:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
Very nice "searching for self" tune. Easy listening, laid back performance from you and Janice. Acoustic arrangement is super nice. Pedal steel was a very good choice. I've heard some pretty complex, and in sense more powerful songs by you, but I believe I can see why this is special to you.
You mastered your production skills so well that I think if I tried very hard, I would not be able to find any issues. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. Wow 1000 tunes! I have to re-evaluate my goals smile

Thanks, Misha. (I started writing when I was 14 - so it is easy to rack up those numbers...but I think I was about 21 before I ever kept one...)

Originally Posted By: edshaw
I'm all over it, Floyd.

Thanks, ed...

Originally Posted By: Angelomusic
Everything flows so nicely : the vocals, lyrics, the accoustic guitar.. This track shows how deep your sensitivity is. Enjoyed it very much!
EDIT : forgot to add that the strings add a very melancolic and beautiful touch!

I appreciate that, Angelo....

Tangmo #631484 12/20/20 06:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: furry
WOW, this really the spot from the get go. Guys the two of you should seriously think about an album. Floyd, your voice along with that of Janice is simply amazing. Thanks for this

Thanks for stopping by, Graham....

Originally Posted By: Westside Steve
Another winter your stuff always has very polished and professional
WSS

WSS - good to hear from you....

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Love the way the band just creeps up from such simplicity and slowly builds. Never over the top, but giving that buoyancy. Lyrically I can see why this is one of your favorites. Everything is in flux, the end results (even the means towards the reaching of the goal) is without certainty. This is no looking-back-and-crowing song....just the the pre-dawn thoughts of a man with an unfolding sense of mission.

Tangmo - thanks for the great comments...

JANICE - A special THANK YOU!!! for adding your voice to my music all these years!!! I treasure it...

smile smile wink

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,530
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200