Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I got my new/refurb computer mostly set up. Having trouble finding SampleTank 3 library file on my old computer and back up drives. I can not seem to identify what the file looks like. Can someone here spell it out for me? ST3 is install via re-download from IK Multimedia and it opens fine but the library is empty. IK wants $9.99 to re-authorize another download of the library since it expired. I'm sure I have a copy but after copying over several files apparently none of them are the actual sounds library. I think if I knew what the file name looked like I could search through several back up drives and find it. I'm assuming it has the word "library" in the file name??? But, I don't know.
Can anyone here spell out the file name for me to help me in my search?
Thanks

Does the noise in your head bother me ?
Veteran
Veteran
Yes I can help. The name of the sound files is:

SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_1.zip

There are 8 zip files labeled Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc and 2 update files to the sound files.

The sound update files are labeled: SampleTank_3_Sound_Library_Update_3.3.zip

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you very much. I'll give it another shot when I get home over this weekend.

P
Paj Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
I just did clean reinstallations of all my IKM stuff which I had abandoned on my older systems because of constant re-authorization issues.
That seems to have become less of an issue, so I re-installed ST 2.5, 3, and 4 after having taken advantage of the recent VI Group Buy. Everything was better but still weird at times. The IK Product Manager appears to be the way to go, especially if you want to maintain your library/content files off of the C:/System drive (by the time I got done adding to ST3 it was at 151GB and with added content from the recent group buy ST4 is clocking in at 581GB). The product Manager can be set to take care of the authorizations and relocations better than using the separate zip/rar files.

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\ (This was listed in the maunual as the default for a SampleTank 3 installation)

C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\IK Multimedia (This is another place your files could end up)

Most of my newly installed stuff also ended up here with files but not the library content (don't forget, I relocated my libraries)---the directories were way too small for that:
C:\Users\(Your Users Name)\Documents\IK Multimedia
(This would be the exact same location if you just clicked on yout "Documents" icon)
C:\Users\lespa\Documents\IK Multimedia

This looks like where the content originally went (before I relocated it with the Product Manager):
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia

NOW, the contents of my [SampleTank 3] library/content folder looks like this:
S: \ IK Multimedia \ SampleTank 3

Name Size Type
Arpeggios 0 File folder
Effects Presets 0 File folder
Exported Patterns 0 File folder
Imported Instruments0 File folder
Imported Samples 0 File folder
Instruments 0 File folder
Library Info 0 File folder
Multis 0 File folder
Patterns 0 File folder
Samples 0 File folder
Sets 0 File folder
.DS_Store 6,148 DS_STORE File
MultisCache.db 32KB Data Base File
PatternsCache.db 268KB Data Base File
SetsCache.db 166 Data Base File

As far as I can recall, the contents of the [Instruments] and [Samples] should contain these first 20-21 folders:
S: \ IK Multimedia \ SampleTank 3 \ Instruments (the [Samples] folder should be similar)

Name Size Type
01__Acoustic Drums 0 File folder
02__Electronic Drums 0 File folder
03__Bass 0 File folder
04__Synth Bass 0 File folder
05__Acoustic Guitar 0 File folder
06__Electric Guitar 0 File folder
07__Piano 0 File folder
08__Electric Piano 0 File folder
09__Organ 0 File folder
10__Chromatic 0 File folder
11__Strings 0 File folder
12__Brass 0 File folder
13__Woodwinds 0 File folder
14__Synth Lead 0 File folder
15__Synth Pad 0 File folder
16__Voices 0 File folder
17__Ethnic 0 File folder
18__Percussion 0 File folder
19__Sound FX 0 File folder
20__Loops 0 File folder
21__Synth FX 0 File folder

I hope this helps you locate/re-establish ST3 for yourself. Paying the $10 and using the Program Manager would be the simplest route. IKM actually gave me the 180 days when I complained about the fact that it's virtually, if not actually, impossible to purchase the 180 days directly from the website. The website links are circular dead-ends and do not allow you to actually find a place on the website to make the purchase. Apparently, the 180 days have to be purchased via the CustomShop app or not at all. After IK provided me with links that went nowhere, and before anyone realized that it is CustomShop or nothing, they activated 180 days for me as a courtesy for a week of emails.

I will say that, so far, all of the IK stuff is performing well and the authorizations have been maintaining themselves much better than I ever remembered.

Good Luck,
Paj
8^)

Tobias Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks for the help I got on this. I got it working but ST3 won't find
03_Bass
04_Synth Bass
05_Acoustic Guitar
These are part (or all of) Install Sample Tank 3 Sound Content (2of8).exe
They don't show up in the instruments list inside ST3 VSTi.
Everything else is there and as for as I can tell, everything I tested works great.
I know this is my fault because I installed that download into a wrong folder initially. But, I moved the files over to where they belong in the list with everything else.
I don't see away to have ST3 Re-scan the folder. Close, reopen, restart computer, nothing works.
They look like they are all where they belong.
Here are screen shot of the path;

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot (6).png (171.35 KB, 49 downloads)
Screenshot (7).png (143.34 KB, 49 downloads)
Screenshot (8).png (157.32 KB, 49 downloads)
Screenshot (9).png (130.88 KB, 48 downloads)
Screenshot (10).png (127.99 KB, 48 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
In ST3, go to Settings, that little gear shaped object in the upper right corner, and then to Preferences. There you can tell ST3 where your files are at.

Not sure this will work, but worth a try.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
P
Paj Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
It should be seeing those three library components.

My immediate suggestion: Download, install and run the IK Product Manager. The IK Product Manager appears to be the way to go, especially if you want to maintain your library/content files off of the C:/System drive (by the time I got done adding to ST3 it was at 151GB and with added content from the recent group buy ST4 is clocking in at 581GB). The product Manager can be set to take care of the authorizations and relocations better than using the separate zip/rar files. Run it and see what it shows for your ST3 installation.

Paj
8^)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,463
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195