I've been playing with the latest DAW plugin in Ableton Live 10. I was initially very impressed with the way in which this plugin allows me to do almost everything that I had relied on RealBand for prior to porting my stuff to Ableton. So this looked like a really great feature.

However, my experience in working with the plugin (using only Sync mode) after I have generated the song for the first time have been quite disappointing. That's not to say it is actually the plugin that is at fault, it might very well be Ableton, after all, it's quite a tall order to make a plugin to be compatible with so many DAW's.

I am not creating the song with the plugin, simply loading an existing SGU and generating from there.

The first problem I came across was that, having generated a song and saved it as a Live 10 project, the next time I opened to the plugin I did not have the tracks available and had to reload the song and generate it again. Even when I did this the generation process would hang and I had delete the plugin from Ableton and start again.

If I make a modification to the chord sheet and save it, I notice the bbw4_64 .exe runs (viewed in Task Manage) but it never ends, so I have to terminate the process.

Sometimes when I generate a song I watch the progress bar to almost completion, I've already got the green message box telling me the master has been rendered. But then bbw4_64.exe drops off but the progress bar isn't complete and the plugin message is telling me it's generating.

Any tips please?