Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
floyd jane #639542 02/01/21 08:39 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
You have the gift of getting straight to the point in your music, and saying with ease and simplicity what so many others struggle to say and complicate in so doing.

Grateful to have the opportunity to hear this song of appreciation and gratitude for those things that we do have. Stunning message, superb production ... and the songwriting is, well, Floyd Jane standard ... i.e. a standard that someone like me admires and can only aspire to, for now at least :-) THANK YOU for sharing.

dcuny #639574 02/01/21 10:03 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Another fantastic production.

Great write, good band and of course Excellent vocals!

Your vocals are & should be the main instrument and you do a nice job of mixing it just right. Vocals stands out without being overbearing.

Nice one for sure!

moto

Thanks, moto. It's always nice to hear when someone thinks the vocals are at least adequate... appreciated.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nice groove; I got into the song right away.

As moto mentioned, your vocals are the showpiece of the song.

I liked how you held "a brand new man" - nice emphasis on the main idea, as well as breaking up the expected duration.

as well as speaking crazy in "I man would have to be crazy

It's funny how expectations can alter how things are heard. I figured that the first verse was a setup for the singer's current situation, despite the fact that it was written as a retrospective.

So when you got to the resolution in the second half, I thought Wow, we're there already!

And by the time I figured out that "moving on" was as much metaphor as literal - hey, I'm slow this morning - the song was over. You've mentioned in other posts that you don't really write using the 3 verse format any more, I know. smile

And, of course, by ditching the "extra" verse, it allows immediate contrast with the verse. As usual, the payoff in the verse also allows the chorus to be heard in a different light which to me is a key element to a well-written country song.

Love the song, love to hear you sing. It's a treat to have you show to well it can be done.

David - thanks for the fine review. You often point out aspects of the write and the production that others don't. That makes reading your reviews a real joy...

floyd jane #639581 02/01/21 10:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

First you threatened you'll be gone and now you made clear you really did and move on!
But not in a normall way. No, you do that with very nice, sensitive songs with a powerfull voice.
And not only that, but your harmony vocals are very very good! I really enjoyed them while thinking "how does he do this or that"?
And the guitarplay is always so nice to listen to.
But I will not forget to mention your lyrics. I hope to come close to your writing skills one day (in English)

With 'I'll be gone' I wrote i hope you never do. With this title I hope you will, but only in a musical sense of course (if that is still posible).

I really enjoyed your song,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved the tune Floyd. Love the way you presented the song. Sounded like conversion between two people but cooler. Super vocal, lyric and backtrack. Love your stuff

I appreciate that, Scott. Thanks for having a listen...

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
This song definitely had a lot of emotion behind it and I feel it's one everyone can related to. Great job, and thanks for sharing!

Ember - it is always nice to have you drop in...Thanks.

floyd jane #639716 02/02/21 04:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey, wherever you go, Floyd, please don't move on from here. Whenever I see a post from you I know it's push the Like button then push play and sit back to enjoy the best. You never fail to please, brother. You have a great way of speaking for us all.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
floyd jane #639763 02/02/21 08:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,
An excellent write- the universal truths made light and real with personal details.
Your vocal and harmonies are so relaxed and clear- wonderful that I never even hear a hint of processing or effect.
Very very good songwriting, performance and production!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: furry
Really enjoyed this one Floyd. What a very moving story in the song, and voice is perfect for it.

Graham - thanks for stopping by...

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
This is one smooth production---seems effortless and seamless.

I enjoy your lyrics: minimal yet they say a lot.

This has a chorus that sticks with you. As always, excellent vocal.

EZ - You hit on a lot of points in a terse comment - like the fine songwriter that you are... Thanks!

floyd jane #639964 02/03/21 11:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"a faithful dog, three squares
a house full of love
a man would have to be crazy
not to know that's enough"

That is worth the price of admission. Period.

Somebody mentioned Clint Black. We've been fans of him for years and we get the reference...lyrically, melodically and vocally.

Beyond the outstanding write and fine vocals the band is a testimony to the power of BiaB ... in talented hands. The choice of tracks and your mix present a most admirable soundstage. You set a very high bar when it comes to mixes that offer this level of openness and clarity. Oh, and the bit of clawhammer was a nice touch as is your artwork.

Janice said she will be singing it for days.

J&B

floyd jane #640009 02/03/21 02:09 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Floyd you are a master wordsmith who is also a great musician and has the skill to produce radio ready songs one after the other. It is always a pleasure to hear one of your songs.

These lyrics are so true and something that a lot of us, including myself, take for granted:

i look around
at what i got
it ain't real fancy
it ain't a lot
but there's a roof
over my head
and there's a damn good woman
who shares my bed

This is one fantastic song.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
floyd jane #640119 02/04/21 02:01 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Top quality from the word 'go'... No up's and down's with this song. Enjoyed it all from start to finish.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
rayc #640183 02/04/21 07:52 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Floyd ...

You have, in my personal opinion, the most professional sound on the boards. There are some really talented and great sounding compositions here - far better than I'll ever be able to produce - but your vocals shine just a wee bit more light on the overall production.

This is such a great song. One thing, in particular, that stood out to me in the overall soundscape - the drums punctuated the drive of the chorus without "standing out" as an attention-getter. They just move into place in the smoothest way and pick up the "easy drive" that benefits a slower song like this. In other words, definitely there, but not obviously so. I hope that makes sense.

Excellent in every way!

Best to you and yours.

Alan

Alan - don't think I could ask for a nicer comment than this. Needless to say, I appreciate that greatly....

Originally Posted By: rayc
An up song without a forced smile.
The treat for me, amongst the usual top notch stuff, is the harmony vocal.
Excellent.

Thanks, ray. Nice to have the harmony mentioned...

HearToLearn #640361 02/05/21 06:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
This is good. Man you wrote about my life in that song. I get knocked down, but I get back up... Dust myself off and keep on going.

Great job on the music and production.

Thanks for having a listen, Herb...good that you can relate to the lyric...and thanks for mentioning the music and production...

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
You have a great talent in picking tracks that work very well together. They keep the song moving along with interest. Great support to an already great lyric and melody...all performed well. I really dig the feel of it all. The lyric fits the mood.

Love the artwork for the cover as well!

Clean, well balanced mix that I can hear everything and everything. No room to hide in a mix like this. Nothing to hide in this song.

Most of all, I think you've struck a chord for many; and it's perfect timing for a song like this.

Well done in my book.

C.Aaron - smile BIAB continues to add more and more tracks over the years making it easier all the time to find much of what you need to create almost any sound you might want. A wide palette of musical colors. I generally find it easier to pick what I need than to search for an appropriate Style (although they have good uses, too).
I appreciate the appreciation for the mix...
Thanks for mentioning the art work, too!!

smile

floyd jane #640363 02/05/21 06:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved the lyrics great song very relatable love instrument choices well done sir eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
floyd jane #640412 02/05/21 10:34 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi floyd jane,

I have my dog ​​who put his head on my knees and we listen to your song. She is superb both in terms of the arrangement, your voice and well-written lyrics. Shana, my dog ​​and I thank you for these pleasant moments. We appreciated.

Kindly regard
Take care of yourself

Jacques Derochette et Shana, my lovely dog
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
floyd jane #640489 02/05/21 05:24 PM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

While I was waiting for the annoying SoundCloud ads to run before the song kicked in, it gave me a chance to give the lyrics a good read. Boy, I like this write a lot—really concise, focused, saying just what it needs to. Add to it your usual solid production, and what you got is a top notch little country tune. You make it look easy!

All my best to you,

Deej

PeterF #640729 02/07/21 03:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Another winner, a really comfortable (comforting) listen, instantly accessible.

Like Ray I particularly liked the harmonies, excellent lyric, vocal and overall the song sounds pro on all levels.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. All nice things to hear...

AudioTrack #640792 02/07/21 09:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Fantastic lyrics, and your rhyming style is so first class (always).

You've provided an absolutely perfect backing band. I really like the sparseness, it just sits so ideally with the song, and the banjo ticking away in the distance, giving color and subtle depth.

Another winner Floyd. No question.

Thanks, Trev. Always great to have you drop in...

jptjptjpt #640922 02/08/21 05:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Floyd,

first of all: a great write, I sure can relate to it (who wouldn't?)

Love the 'economical' arrangement - at first I was a bit irritated by the comparably lod drums, but then I thought that this was a perfect decision.

As usually üerfectly sung and flawlessly produced - a real FJer!

All the best,

Stefan

Stefan - thanks for the nice comments!

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Another superb offering. Well written and heartfelt sentiments. Laid back vocals fit the mood. The band picked up on it too. Your work puts me in mind of folks like Clint Black - the last of the good old country style before the new (bad) stuff took over the market.

jpt3 - That first Clint Black record was a real Country masterpiece. Wore that thing out!
Thanks for the nice review - and for your continued support - for all the folks in the Showcase. It takes participation for the forum to survive.
Congratulations on being on the list of Awardees!

Leon1 #640989 02/08/21 09:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Floyd
Another consummately professional piece of work. Instantly engaging, seeming effortless but so meticulously crafted. And with a great message about what's really valuable in life. Bravo maestro.
Regards,
Leon

Leon - Those are really nice comments...it is much appreciated...

BlueAttitude #641144 02/09/21 05:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very relatable lyrics for most people I think.

Excellent vocal and harmonies, and the usual pro job on the mix.

Another good song, I'm a fan wink

Thanks, Dave...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,481
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195