Page 2 of 2 1 2
Al-David #640493 02/05/21 05:26 PM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Alan,

That one heck of a blues instrumental! But what’s as amazing, if not more, is the thought process you put into the composition. Very impressive—and your description adds a context to the tune that makes me appreciate all the more. The artistry is outstanding.

My very best to you,

Deej

Ghostgum #640702 02/06/21 08:43 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
I'm a sucker for gently weeping guitars. This example is about as good as it gets.

Hi Brian ...

Many thanks for the very kind comments. Appreciate them very much! Best to you ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Scott C #640703 02/06/21 08:46 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
This is awesome. The guitar had some much feeling to it. Well done. The backtrack framed the soloist so well. Just a beautiful piece of music. I am so glad you let us know how you developed the song and what you were trying to achieve. You nailed it big time.

Hi Scott ...

Thanks for the listen and very nice comments. I figured my rambling about how I tend to put my songs together - specific to each song as I post - would bore most of the folks. Seems I might have been wrong. So, I'll add a little explanation to each of my songs until folks do get tired of them.

I particularly appreciate the comment about the backing tracks framing the lead solo. That was the primary intention of my effort. Thanks for noting that! Glad you enjoyed it. Best to you., Take care ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Robertkc #640704 02/06/21 08:49 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al,
Wow! That`s a guitar track that`s so fine in your very emotive vehicle; I think you definitely achieved your goal of maxing out the heartbreak.
Very much enjoyed!
I might have missed it; what effects did you apply to the RT,please?

Robert

Hi Robert ...

Thanks for the super review! I appreciate it very much. As far as the effects on the lead guitar - nothing real special, although I did feel they gave it a nice sound. I simply added some echo/delay, chorus, and a little extra distortion. That's all I did - all pretty simple and basic. All the effects were from the BIAB collection of VSTs.

Again, many thanks. Wishing you the best. Take care ...

Alan

Deej56 #640708 02/06/21 09:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Alan,

That one heck of a blues instrumental! But what’s as amazing, if not more, is the thought process you put into the composition. Very impressive—and your description adds a context to the tune that makes me appreciate all the more. The artistry is outstanding.

My very best to you,

Deej

Hi Deej!

So glad you dropped in for a listen. I'm really happy you liked your listen. The manner in which I wrote/composed this song is pretty similar to my approach about most of my instrumentals. There's a movie playing in my mind as the song unfolds - try to find musical sounds that will translate that movie. I don't specifically tell myself to do it - it just happens of its own accord.

Thanks again, my friend ...

Alan

Al-David #640717 02/07/21 12:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Firstly - I'm jealous...I can't make Brent's tracks sit well in my songs - it just doesn't happen which leaves me without an huge resource.
This is a really smokey progression and he organ/Rhodes balance is very cool. I had a real Rhodes for a while. I loaned it to a friend - they both disappeared.
The only thing I'd quibble about in tis mix is the clicky kick...no one else will notice or comment but it does, for me, stick out.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Al-David #640803 02/07/21 11:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Ray ...

First, many thanks for the nice comments. I appreciate them. I think the incorporation and melding of Brent Mason tracks depends on the smaller nuances of the musical project. Most of his RTs, regardless of genre in which they appear, will always have the smallest amount of his country roots present. Having made a very good living as a lead guitarist for many years, I tend to evaluate nuances of various guitarists. Although I don't practice scales per se, I know them when I hear them. As an example, sometimes when a Maj6 chord is be9ing used in Smooth Jazz, I can hear a more typical country construction in the lead guitar track. They're not particularly noticeable most of the time, but to some of us, they're evident to some degree. It's like your ability to hear the click in the kick drum pedal when most of us can't.

Ah - I've been down that road when both a loaned item and the person to whom I loaned both disappeared. My grandfather always told me that when you loan something, be prepared to assume it's more likely a gift. I don't really play keyboards - do tinker around with them at times and something not totally objectionable happens here and there. But I liked the "quiet" continuity of the Roland on this track. It offered a good background/bed with little to no interference of the other tracks. I've also noticed in BIAB 2021, there's better seaparation between the right and left hands of the keyboards. That's been a big help to me.

Anyway, thanks for the listen and nice comments. Best to ya ...

Alan

Al-David #640907 02/08/21 04:36 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Alan & Di,

With your description of the song, we fit into the musical story that you wanted to tell us. The sound of the guitar is well worked and gives the impression of speaking to us. The organ and the electric piano are well spatialized and reinforce the dark atmosphere which emerges from it. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Al-David #642063 02/14/21 06:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Not much to add as so many thoughtful and articulate comments have been made.
It's bluesy enough to sit nicely in our wheelhouse for sure.

The solo is outstanding. I had assumed you had comped it from many tracks...amazing that it was a single generation.

Any potential purchaser of BiaB should have the opportunity to listen to this as it's a tremendous illustration of what talent and BiaB can accomplish.

A tip of the hat and pint glass to ya!

J&B

Al-David #642130 02/14/21 11:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan

That was one of the best sounding guitar tracks I've heard BIAB play.

Really nicely done.

Peter

Al-David #642167 02/14/21 03:11 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Alan,

Fantastic!
It's just a typical blues in 12/8 time signature.
The guitar solo is wonderful.
I thought this song could only be done by you.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Derochette #642183 02/14/21 05:54 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Alan & Di,

With your description of the song, we fit into the musical story that you wanted to tell us. The sound of the guitar is well worked and gives the impression of speaking to us. The organ and the electric piano are well spatialized and reinforce the dark atmosphere which emerges from it. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Hello Derochette ...

Thank you very much for those very nice comments! I appreciate them. Glad you enjoyed the song. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Not much to add as so many thoughtful and articulate comments have been made.
It's bluesy enough to sit nicely in our wheelhouse for sure.

The solo is outstanding. I had assumed you had comped it from many tracks...amazing that it was a single generation.

Any potential purchaser of BiaB should have the opportunity to listen to this as it's a tremendous illustration of what talent and BiaB can accomplish.

A tip of the hat and pint glass to ya!

J&B

Howdy Folks ...

Hope all is well in Georgia. Here in Northern Alabama we're supposed to get freezing rain followed by some snow over the next two days. I grew up in that kind of weather, but the folks here aren't used to it. But, I think we will all survive it!

Many thanks for the kind words. This one fell into place pretty quickly once the ball started rolling. There are so many wonderful RTs, it's sometimes difficult to settle on just one. But this one struck me as soon as I generated it. I played around with it for a while and ... voila!

Again, I am humbled by your kindness. Many thanks. Wishing you the very best of everything ...

Alan

PeterF #642185 02/14/21 06:00 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alan

That was one of the best sounding guitar tracks I've heard BIAB play.

Really nicely done.

Peter

Hello Peter ...

I have to agree it's one of the best RTs in BIAB's treasure chest of music tools. I can only take credit for choosing it - but wish I could play that good! Those days have come and gone.

Thank you very much for the kindness. Wishing you everything good. Take care ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Alan,

Fantastic!
It's just a typical blues in 12/8 time signature.
The guitar solo is wonderful.
I thought this song could only be done by you.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki ...

You are much too nice. Thank you so much for those very nice comments and support. I appreciate it very much.

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

Al-David #642224 02/15/21 02:01 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I like to hear the thought process.
I also liked the tune's process and it sounds like the guitar was weeping.
Good one Al.

Vic

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,466
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195