Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
While I was stationed in Ettlingen Germany, already ON ORDERS to head to Vietnam, we got word that Grand Funk was going to play in Schweinfurt on Tuesday. That was 180 miles away, and there were about 100 of us that wanted to go, so our commanding officers rented some busses to take us, and gave us the day of the show and the day after off (they knew better!) so we could attend. That was on June 22nd of 1971 (the article first says July, then June. June is correct.) and I shipped out 4 days later.

THIS is the link to an article about it. In True Terry Knight fashion, he makes absolutely no mention that the opening act was Humble Pie, WITH Peter Frampton. Much later on, Grand Funk recorded at Suma Recording in a suburb of Cleveland, and I made a point of going out there and hanging around until they were ready to leave for the day and approached them. I explained that I had been at that show and just wanted to thank them personally. They were stunned that I would go to those lengths. Farner just said "It was our pleasure to entertain out military." Shook hands with all 3 of them and went on my way.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Wow, you saw Frampton...always loved that guy!

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
With Steve Marriott and Jerry Shirley!! Shirley was a DJ at a Cleveland radio station doing a Sunday night show. One Sunday I drove down to meet him and told him I was at that show. He said all he remembered from that show was that is was like 10 degrees outside! I laughed and said "Well, it was 40, but yeah that was cold for a night in late June." And he laughed and said I remember more about it than he does and he had to go back on the air. I remember Farner, who played shirtless in those days, coming out after the show to receive a scroll that was a letter of appreciation and he was wrapped in like 3 OD green wool Army blankets.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I had gotten out of the service and returned to NJ for the summer of 1976. In Philadelphia, it was party city... independence hall, liberty bell, 200 years and all that.

I heard about a big show coming to town. The tickets were the princely sum of $10 plus taxes and fees. Wow, but it seemed to be a great show in the making so I bought a ticket. I couldn't find anyone to go with me due to the cost of the ticket. A guy I worked with said his sister had bought a ticket and needed a ride and she would be interested in going with me. It wasn't a date. And, we didn't get along from the start. Something mumbled about the lack of air conditioning in my car... and it went downhill from there. She really only wanted to see Dream Weaver and Frampton... then she was ready to leave and I was saying oh heck no.... the best is yet to come....

Among the list of performers on that hot July 10th Saturday were: The Philadelphia Mummers in their full feathered costumes. Gary Wright with his band Dream Weaver. Peter Frampton was riding high on the sales from his Frampton Comes Alive album and I think he played that entire album. The headliner for that show was YES. And they hit the stage at 9pm and played well past 11pm. I know there were a bunch of other bands there from a few hit makers to local Philly club bands. The music started at noon and went for almost 12 hrs.

The day started out as hot as you can imagine sitting in southern facing seats in the bleachers. As the sun went down, it cooled off, and seemed to be downright cold. Tony's sister had dressed for the 90 degree day and didn't bring so much as a long sleeve shirt.... probably because she hadn't planned to stay for the after dark part of the show. We stayed to the end, because I had the car and the keys, and she was not a happy camper.

In spite of it all...... it was a superb show. One that stays in my memories. Frampton was amazing and YES, well, they did not disappoint. Everything they played was note perfect to the album. Well worth the $10.

Monday at work... Tony came in laughing.... he said his sister was furious that she had to stay to the end of the show..... we both had a good laugh, and he apologized for his sister's actions and suggesting that I take her to the show.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
10 bucks. Damn.

My best ever was a show in OKC with Buddy Miles on first, The Band on second, Deep Purple on third, and Santana on last.

8 bucks.

Every time there are posts like this I always wish the opening act was The Who. Then I could say "Who's on first?" And the only thing that would make that better would be a band called "What" that played second, "I Don't Know" last, or "Third Place!"

The only thing that would have been better about your story would have been if that girl became your wife.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I saw Deep Purple too.... but, that was a different show in a different state. Ritchie Blackmore had quit and Marc Bolan was playing guitar. Nazareth was the opening act. They rocked. DP was good but Marc was a disappointment as a guitarist. He needed to go back to Banging Gongs with T-Rex IMHO.

Nah.... that girl was Italian, with all that infers in South Jersey, and I quickly gathered from her attitude in the first 5 minutes.... high maintenance.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
L
Expert
Expert
L
I loved Grand Funk Railroad - We're an American Band. Wish I could have seen them.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,449
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195