#64488 03/09/10 06:20 AM
Off-Topic
S
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
S
Guys

I hesitate to use the PTPA forums for this, basically because this is indeed off topic by many peoples standards, but I just read thru Music Trax's most recent post about his daughter and her recovery from a near lethal condition, and then saw how many posters rejoiced with him and gave thanks to God for her recovery. I mulled over taking this step during the day and just now saw Trax's post and the enthusiastic resonse. So here goes.
The story is this. My brother in law, whose name is Alf, is in the last stages of sucumbing to cancer of the pancreas. He is in a hospital here in Melbourne, Australia. After my many years working in nursing, I see that he is quite close to death. Conscious and still rational, but not long for this world. Ca pancreas is a highly malignant cancer with a roughly 8-10% 1 year survival rate. He was diagnosed in November last and treated with chemo and radio therapies, but no improvement. My Dad, (a real prayer warrior like Ryszards mum above), and I have been lifting Alf and my sister up before the Lord pretty much daily ever since we learned of his disease. We have asked for healing, and for an awakening to God's reality and love for him. It looks like our prayer for healing has not been granted. Alf may have only days rather than weeks now and doesn't know the Lord. He is not antagonistic to the things of God, just a long term secular average suburban guy.
I know that many of us here are believers, and I apologise if using these pages for this purpose offends the many who are not. But Im just going to stick my neck out here and ask those who are to mention Alf to the Lord in the next day or so, and ask that He will do whatever He has to do to reach and reveal himself to Alf while the man is still able to respond to him.
Thanks to all my PTPA mates here who are kind enough to do so and as such jointly bear the burden for Alf and Jill, my sister, that Dad and I presently feel.

With deepest appreciation,

John and Barry Shackleton

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I will pray for your brother and I will also pray for you. Putting yourself in God's hands is not always easy when faced with this sort of situation. I know from experience.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Never be afraid to ask.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Shackman,

First, the issue of "off topic"

It is one thing to barge into a forum and start to argue a certain belief system. That has the effect of stirring up controversy when everybody was just enjoying their hobby. Nobody likes that. But that isn't what you did.

I would hate to believe that anyone would ever feel like they could not, should not, do exactly what you have just done.. to pour out a heartfelt request to friends and acquantances for whatever support they feel inclined to give. Some will respond with prayer, some with comforts of other sorts. I am glad you spoke up; it is the essence of faith... not only in God , but also in the belief that community (however anyone chooses to define it) affects us all, and we all affect the community.

Second, the issue at hand:
This must be extrememly stressful for you... not only in terms of dealing with your brother in law's death, but also knowing that he is leaving this world with the firm belief that there is no afterlife. The implications of getting that wrong are pretty high, and you are understandably concerned because you love him. So as I see it, there is more than one prayer request here. If you want to talk privately, click my name, follow the profile and send a PM. May God strengthen you and your family during this time of loss.

Philippians 4:6
Romans 8:18

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I have asked God to reveal himself to your brother, and let him know that he is loved and will be taken care of. God may decide to heal, and he may not, I always try to pray that God will do whatever is in my best interest, regardless of what I want or think is best at the time.

I have also asked that God will bring comfort to you and your family, whatever his decision, and that you will Know, that he is God, and is in control of this situation, the same as he is with every situation.

God Bless

Rob

Off-Topic
J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
Saying a prayer as I'm writing this message. God Bless!

Dell Studio 16 Laptop i7 with 256 gig SSD
BIAB, Reaper, Encore, Sibelius
Roland SD-50
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I have asked God to reveal himself to your brother, and let him know that he is loved and will be taken care of. God may decide to heal, and he may not, I always try to pray that God will do whatever is in my best interest, regardless of what I want or think is best at the time.

I have also asked that God will bring comfort to you and your family, whatever his decision, and that you will Know, that he is God, and is in control of this situation, the same as he is with every situation.

God Bless

Rob

A very similar prayer from my home.

I wish you guys the best,

Off-Topic
W
Expert
Expert
W
As others here have expressed our heart felt pain that you have for your brother, I too ask in Christ name his salvation.
May I suggest that you print out these post, put them in a small box and give them to him as a symbol of the Gift of Salvation, through the Crucifixion Death and Resurrection of our Lord Christ Jesus for our seperation from God which is was sin is.Thi may helphim come to see that salvation is a free gift paid for by Christ and given to any one that calls on His name. No works or religion or test or anything, just the accepting of Christ as the risen Son of God, the first born of the dead.
It is a way to show him, we here, wish to see him once we too have passed into Heaven and that we too wish to share the gift that no one can buy at any price, because the price for each has been paid, we need only accept what Christ has offered.
Please be in Peace and let the Holy Spirit comfort you and your brother
In Christ Name I pray.
Wyndham

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I lost my brother in law to cancer of the pancreas and I understand your feelings and fears.
I also lost five brothers and my mother to various forms of this cruel disease. I am not a church goer and do not follow religeon strictly but I believe in God and pray daily and thank him for my wonderful family and ask that he protect them.
You have graciously asked for our prayers here and I add my prayer for your brother in law and hope you all find the strength to help you through this difficult time.

Kindest Regards,

Dave.

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am praying for Alf and your family as well.
Steve

Steve
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
My Prayers for your brother Alf have been sent.

Regards
michee

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
John,

I stand in agreement with the others here who are praying for your brother Alf.

Don S.

Off-Topic
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
John, to know no matter what happens, the God who spoke all things into existence has not been caught by surprise by this. I am not sure where your brother in law is with Him. But, I do know of one thing. There on the cross stood a criminal beside Jesus that hurled insults at him at the beginning. But, somewhere in their time together, he turned to Jesus and asked to be remembered when He enters paradise. It is that confidence we have, that a merciful Father still hears and responds to the voice of one as far in this painful process your brother in law is in.

The next thing from there came from a brother I know who died of cancer recently that taught me that we never can overcome the fear of death until we are given the grace to do so. When I saw him lift his hands and utter his last joyfilled words it dawned on me that God gives to those who call him Father a dying grace where He show you a glimpse of your new home. John, Paul, and Steven were just some of the examples of this evidence.

It's never too late to come home! That is my prayer for Alf.

RickeG

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I will certainly add my prayers.

Mick

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,

Keep your Faith in him. I will also pray for Alf here. God knows where we are all at and his ways are not our ways.

God is Love.

He still performs miracles.

Eddie

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Please add my name to the list of those praying. The greatest gift I know is to know Christ. Matt 6:33.

--=-- My credo: If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing - just ask my missus, she'll tell ya laugh --=--
You're only paranoid if you're wrong!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
From me too Shacky.

Cheers,
Keith
Off-Topic
M
Expert
Expert
M
from me also mate.
i will say some special prayers.
god bless.

retired puter engr....powertracks on amd......NICE !
"what is the black art of audio engineering ?"
my silly songs...motagator.com/bmanning
see my tips in the tips section.
Off-Topic
S
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
S
My dear friends,

Im writing this at 10:40 pm after getting home from work in a local hospital. My Dad had left a message on the machine. Alf passed away at about midday today. His family and wife, my sister Jill, were with him.

I am deeply moved by the many expressions of support here. You have collectively shown the kind of loving concern for Alf (and me) that I would equate with a healthy local fellowship. It seems almost irrelevant that I haven't personally met any of you and probably never will. From the bottom of my heart I thank you on behalf of myself and my family. We can only hope and trust our heavenly Father that, in some way we cannot understand, Alf has had every opportunity and then some, because of our seeking the Lord for him in the last 24 hrs, to receive His grace while he could.

Jill is holding up bravely (I called her after speaking briefly to Dad) but for sure some very difficult, challenging times are ahead for her. My wife left our marraige about 20 months ago after nearly 10 years together and I find I still grieve every day for what has been lost. Jill and Alf have had 18 very happy years together.

Again thanks so much to all. I plan to take Pat Marr's advice above and print this thread off when its done, for my own edification and I hope as a morsel of comfort for my sister. God bless you all. And may I say, God bless the forum.

John Shackleton

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

My dear friends,

Im writing this at 10:40 pm after getting home from work in a local hospital. My Dad had left a message on the machine. Alf passed away at about midday today. His family and wife, my sister Jill, were with him.

I dare say, the group here will continue praying. The family's grief is also a worthy reason to come before God in prayer... and that reason will continue for some time.

Quote:

I am deeply moved by the many expressions of support here. You have collectively shown the kind of loving concern for Alf (and me) that I would equate with a healthy local fellowship. It seems almost irrelevant that I haven't personally met any of you and probably never will. From the bottom of my heart I thank you on behalf of myself and my family. We can only hope and trust our heavenly Father that, in some way we cannot understand, Alf has had every opportunity and then some, because of our seeking the Lord for him in the last 24 hrs, to receive His grace while he could.

I think there is a reason why the church is referred to as the "body of Christ"... because the spirit of Christ and the mind of Christ lives in believers. So, in a way it is not entirely true that you have never met any of us. If you have met Christ, then you have met His body. If God is love (and He is) , and you experience love when believers act in obedience to the leading they receive from the Mind of Christ, then that love does in fact have its origin with God, not with these mortal bodies of flesh that you haven't met.

Quote:

Jill is holding up bravely (I called her after speaking briefly to Dad) but for sure some very difficult, challenging times are ahead for her. My wife left our marraige about 20 months ago after nearly 10 years together and I find I still grieve every day for what has been lost. Jill and Alf have had 18 very happy years together.

Again thanks so much to all. I plan to take Pat Marr's advice above and print this thread off when its done, for my own edification and I hope as a morsel of comfort for my sister. God bless you all. And may I say, God bless the forum.

John Shackleton

I am pretty sure it was Wyndham who made that excellent suggestion, not me.

John,
thanks for what has just happened. Encouragement is a two-way street. I would guess that you have managed to set in motion a series of events that has left every participant in a state of heightened appreciation for the power of God, and for the need to love one another during our days on the planet. This is an amazing and wonderful thing that has happened here. I am simply awed by it all.

Romans 11:33
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,610
Posts735,054
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 190