Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
does anyone use this? it came highly recommended but when i install it i get one preset - default and can't change it. should i get presets or do i have to change the default sound with the many controls. if i should get presets why can't the program find them?

Last edited by Bob Calver; 03/04/21 12:26 PM.
Journeyman
Journeyman
From their website it is a very impressive product. The lite version may be a teaser to get you to purchase the full version.

...Deb

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Bob,

As you know I won all of the Ample Basses a few years ago. When it comes to the P-Bass I rarely use the presets. YMMV

AFAIK I don't believe you can purchase the presets for the lite version. You will get all of the presets when purchasing the full version.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
thanks Mario - i rather assumed that. as it is it's a reasonable sound but not as exciting as say the difference between a GM piano and the Estate Grand LE which is virtually free here

https://www.productionvoices.com/product/estate-grand-le-sforzando/

Veteran
Veteran
Something you may want to concider....

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=ModoSEKrazyDeal2021

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Bob,

According to the Amplesound user manual there are no presets in the free or full versions. The preset load and save buttons are there so you can save your user presets.

The Amplesound manuals are included in the Amplesound download and located at \Program Files\Amplesound folder.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Bob,

According to the Amplesound user manual there are no presets in the free or full versions. The preset load and save buttons are there so you can save your user presets.

The Amplesound manuals are included in the Amplesound download and located at \Program Files\Amplesound folder.

Jim, if you click on settings/load a number of presets are available, note that I am using the latest version of the P-Bass:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Pbass presets.jpg (147.17 KB, 48 downloads)
Last edited by MarioD; 03/07/21 04:43 PM.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Mario,

I gladly stand corrected. I'm have the free (Lite) version of the electric bass and guitar. Both have presets in the file explorer window when you press the Load button.

I did not understand those files are instrument presets. I thought they changed settings for specific uses applications like passing MIDI from the plug-in to the DAW.

The user manual is comprehensive but difficult to understand.

Expert
Expert
There is a huge difference between the AmpleSound Lite versions compared to the full.

The lite versions have limited notes (only up to the 5th fret unless on the highest string) where the full versions allow one to play all over the neck. Having the ability to play over the complete neck gives the instrument far better tonal qualities and way more realism. An “A” played on the 5th fret of an E string sounds very different to an open A. As does a “C” on the E string sound different to a “C” on the A string.

Having the limited fret positions also greatly limits the chords on the AGML. The full version allows you to play all guitar chords in all positions.

Also the Riffer in the full versions is a really great way to write the lines complete with articulations. Much easier than other methods.

Having said that the Lite versions are brilliant for the price and I would recommend them. Use the “presets” to get a rough tone then go into the FX setup area to refine them. Once you have what you want “Save” the preset. (Name it so you understand what it is).

Just a few thoughts

Tony

Edit: It would seem the ABPL (Lite Bass) does not actually have an FX area. The AGML (Lite Martin Acoustic Guitar) does have FX area.

Last edited by Teunis; 03/07/21 10:35 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
thanks Mario but still having trouble. looking at your screen shot the path in the settings is the same as i have but your presets are in the documents folder. i have the same folder with the presets but when i switch the settings path to where the presets are in your screenshot i get errors 7 and 14 saying the plugin will be silent

screenshot attached.

before i do anything drastic should i move the presets to the file path shown in your settings?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
bass error.png (852.19 KB, 2 downloads)
Last edited by Bob Calver; 03/07/21 11:57 PM.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
found a path that works - i reset to the one shown in Mario's screenshot in settings but i only get a limited number of presets

see screenshot

can i cut and paste from the folder in documents and add to the library folder?

update - my presets in the documents folder are the same as in the library folder - i presume Mario's longer list comes with the paid for version

presets available.png (536.25 KB, 3 downloads)
Last edited by Bob Calver; 03/08/21 12:26 AM.
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
'now i understand, what you tried to say to me................'

to get the instrument to play i need to leave the instrument path where it is so the samples load but the presets are actually in the documents folder.......

i got confused because once i had tried to load the document folder presets in the instrument path, reverting to the proper instrument path meant the load command defaulted to the documents folder..........so i thought i was opening the library folder
...............duh...........

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I'm glad everyone got it working.

Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
'now i understand, what you tried to say to me................'

to get the instrument to play i need to leave the instrument path where it is so the samples load but the presets are actually in the documents folder.......

i got confused because once i had tried to load the document folder presets in the instrument path, reverting to the proper instrument path meant the load command defaulted to the documents folder..........so i thought i was opening the library folder
...............duh...........

Like I said, the manual is comprehensive but confusing. Mario's screen shot is much more intuitive. smile

Tony, for the price differential, the free acoustic and P bass versions are perfect. I've been looking to learn how to use articulation maps with virtual instruments. Both of these have good enough sound quality that I actually want and like to use them.

Obviously, the difference in the number of samples (866 vs 4062) and storage size (848 MB vs 5.83 GB) vividly illustrates how much more you get with the full version of the acoustic guitar and I'm sure the same can be said for the bass instrument. But surprisingly enough, I haven't felt that limited so far.

Comparison_AGM_vs_AGML.pdf (51.37 KB, 2 downloads)
Amplesound Acoustic Martin Free vs Full Comparison

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
another thing that fooled me is the demo on the amplesound site of the lite bass is a slap bass track - and there is no slap bass preset with ht lite version although it looks like Mario's paid for version has one

Expert
Expert
To get the slap sound is not a preset so much as an articulation or an FX. It is after all a mock up of a Fender Precision Bass (recorded better than I could do with the real thing).

The Articulations are from C0 through A0 (on a keyboard or piano roll). With G0 being the Slap and A0 a Pop.

From the FX side they are at. G#4 to C#6 with G#5 and or A5 being a slap type sound. See the manual

http://amplesound.net/en/ample_bass_manual.pdf

Page 26 for the Articulations and page 40 for the FX. The manual is on the full version but I think most should still work on the light version. I’ll have a look after breakfast.

Tony

Edit: it would seem the lite version does not have the articulations. Only Sustain and Hammer On/Pull Off seem to be available on the Lite Version.

You could however simulate a slap by using the FX slap (A5) and the note at the same time eg C2 & A5 (probably G#5 would sound better). Then adjust the volume of the slap using top right hand volume knob. You could get a close approximation.

Just a thought

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 03/08/21 01:40 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,530
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200